Chicken Recipes

Options
13»

Replies

• jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    I've tried to make this in a crock pot and it tends to be too watery because the moisture stays in the pot. You can try it too, but that was my experience.

You were right. It didn't thicken like I thought it would.
  • mhorton123
    Options
    Try grilling your frozen skinless, boneless chicken filets without thawing them. They stay juicier and don't stick as much to the grill. I just spray them with butter spray and grill.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Some good recipes here. I make chicken a lot and needed a new way to cook it.

One of my favorite recipes (can used for fish too)

2 cups of rice krispies (crush by hand)
    1/2 pkg Caesar Salad dressing mix (small pkg-dry).......or Italian dressing
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    4 boneless skinless breast

Mix 1st 3 ingredients together, wet chicken in water (or egg if you prefer), coat with dry mixture and fry in your favorite oil until brown on all sides and cooked thru. Cooking time will depend on thickness of chicken breast.

The reason you crush the cereal by hand is so it isn't turned to powder. And you can use Lower fat Parmesan.
  • LaurieB5578
    LaurieB5578 Posts: 1,297
    Options
    I think my favorite chicken recipe comes from my roomate who just made it in on the grill a couple weeks ago.

1 bottle of italian dressing
    6 chicken breasts
    1/3 cup minutemaid lemonade powder (the stuff you get in tubs)

I know it probably has lots of sugar so you could probably use crystal light lemonade powder..I'm going to do that next time I make it.

But you just marinate it for a couple hours or over night, slap in on the grill and it's amazing!!!

I make one similar to this but I don't use the lemonade power. Just the Italian dressing and chicken. The kids LOVE it!
  • Purplegal
    Purplegal Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    A good and EASY crockpot chicken is just throw boneless skinless chicken breasts in with a jar of salsa. Put on low for 6 hours, shred with a fork and serve! I get corn tortillas and put in the chicken with some black beans and a tiny bit of cheese. YUM!

The only thing I ever make is chicken, there are so many things you can do with it! One of my favorites is to take boneless/skinless chicken breast, season with garlic powder, salt and pepper, put in the oven at 350 for 30 min. Then cut up some veggies, whatever you want really, I do bell peppers, zucchini, carrots, and broccoli. Saute it in 2 TBL EVOO, add some garlic, and once the chicken is done, cut it up in bite size pieces and throw it in there. Add a little more EVOO and some parmesean, and its done! I eat it by itself but its also good with pasta if you can do the extra calories.

Another easy one is cook the chicken the same way in the oven as above, then cut it up and add to pasta sauce on the stove, then serve over pasta or rice.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Bumping for recipes. They all sound great
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Take 1/2 a boneless, skinless chicken breast and trim fat, then pound it fairly flat.
    Dredge it in wheat germ (2 TBSP)
    Brown in non-stick pan with Pam - can use olive oil if you prefer - 3 mins ea side
    Add 1/4 cup of white cooking wine and 1/2 cup chicken boullion to sautee pan
    Add 2 TBSP of drained capers
    1/2 TBSP of Omega Light margarine
    2 TBSP parsley flakes
    1 squirt (couple tablespoons) concentrated lemon juice

Let simmer until liquid has mostly evaporated, spoon remainder along with capers over chicken and serve.

Makes 1 serving

300 calories
    9 carbs
    5 fat (without olive oil)
    31 protein
    1 sugar

1387 sodium - so plan ahead!

Note: I've also made this with sicilian olives in brine, cut off the pit, then added at the same time as the capers.
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    What I have done and this is by far my favorite way in cooking chicken...put the chicken in a pot and pour a low cal organic spaghetti sauce inside...add some water bring everything to a boil and it should be done in about 30 minutes. serve it with veggies or rice. OMG so delicious. Found some organic sauce at Costco and wow the chicken comes out so juicy.
  • SharonEllis51
    SharonEllis51 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Try cooking chicken breast in a frying pan on low heat. Cut up green peppers and onions. Stir in a can of stewed tomatoes. Let simmer until chicken is done and peppers are soft. Taste really really good.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I do that with a little evoo and garlic and parsley. Oh ya,,, :tongue:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Purplegal-

Just read your crockpot recipe. It just sounds wonderful. I'll have to try it.

Thanks,

JAM
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I do that without the tomatoes. Just a little evoo and garlic and parsley. Oh ya,,, :tongue:
  • kimbo625
    kimbo625 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love to marinate my chicken breast in Fat Free Italian Dressing and Low Sodium Dale's. It is unbelievable!!! Also this taste very good in a salad with Kens Salad Dressing - Lite Northern Italian With Basil and Romano!!!
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    bumping for later :drinker:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Take a chicken breast and cut a slit in it so you can stuff things inside. My recent fave is pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, and parmesan. I also had one from Fresh Market that had crab and asparagus inside....so amazing! You could really put anything inside...limitless possibilities!

I keep wanting to try a recipe that involves dipping the chicken in Greek yogurt. I guess then it would just be dipped in panko and baked. Anyone have a recipe for that?
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of recipes from Pampered Chef. Most of them are low calorie and I don't have to adjust for my food level. Escpecially their books for dinner in less than 29 minutes (they aren't kidding about that!). Most of the time I use a meat pounder to thin out the chicken before I cook it. Just put the boneless, skinless breast between two pieces of plastic and use the flat side of the pounder. It evens out the thickness and makes it easier to cook without over/under cooking. You could also use ground up nuts to coat the outside of the chicken - this is really yummy with almonds & cooked spinach. I look everywhere for new recipes. Try Better Crocker or Better Homes & Garden for ideas. - Better Home & Garden has the Almond Crusted Chicken w/spinach that my whole family loves!

That's what we do too!!! Use a meat pounder........:smile:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    The chicken salsa was great! We have plenty of leftovers for later on this week.

I used the chicken meat to make chicken tacos. Everyone loved it.

Thanks to who ever posted it.

JAM