3 things you gave up by dieting!

Replies

• AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Oh, and most of my pants.
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    I did not give up anything. I actually gained more yummy food options. :P

This. I cook more often. We use to go out alllllll the time. Now I cook and use my epicure spices alot more.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    You go on a diet and get more sex partners??? :love: I live in the wrong state...damn!!

I didn't say I have more sex partners, I just said I gave up monogamy, that's all. I haven't had a sex partner since the Reagan Administration.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    I have given up:

Laziness
    Excuses
    Lack if confidence

Atta Girl :drinker:
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Cheese
    Chips
    And cheesy chips!
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    1. High Cholestrol
    2. Anxiety
    3. low confidence
  • graceylou222
    graceylou222 Posts: 198 Member
    1) Red meat
    2) Anything that has "deep fried" or "country fried" in it
    3) Full calorie sodas.

You can probably add milk to that list, too.

you shouldnt give up milk! its a great post workout drink!! and its good for you in general, as long as you don't over do it.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    For some foods, a saner portion ends up just being a tease. Like seeing a great mahogany desk, only to discover that it's laminate covered particle board.

Now that I'm eating in balance (carbs down, fats and particularly proteins up), I don't CRAVE the foods I used to. I can enjoy and savor them, and a smaller portion works just as well as a larger one - really good stuff I enjoy in tiny bites.

There is no "tease" in my world any more. There are foods that fit in my daily allotment in the calories I'm allowed, and there are not. Someone brings in donuts, I used to scarf one down immediately and take as many leftovers as I could manage back to my desk. Now, if I choose to indulge in one, I will take it and break off chunks for nibbling at the meeting, then take the remainder back to my desk and enjoy it in individual bites until either the donut has run out, or it's time to go home and the donut has not been finished (which means one more bite for the road and the donut goes in the garbage). I have indulged in a few donuts since I started on MFP and got my diet in balance. In all cases, there were significant portions of donut left at the end of the day.

This is the first time in my life I have managed this level of self-control, and it's all down to making sure my body is well-fed all the food it actually needs.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    I don't consider what I am doing "dieting". I refer to it as a life style change.

1) Emotional eating

2) My entire "BIG" wardrobe

3) Bad Health

On a more fun note

1) Soda or anything carbonated
    2) Processed Sugar
    3) Fried and Greasy Foods
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    I gave up over-indulgence....

I gave up self-pity....

I gave up the couch....
  • seanwebster
    seanwebster Posts: 83 Member
    Taco Bueno.
    A low clothing budget. I've had to buy more new crap in the last year than any other time in my entire life.
    Moob jokes at my own expense.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    ugly clothes
    lack of self esteem
    avoiding social situations
  • 1.My bigger clothes
    2. My big portions
    3. Eating too much fried food
  • scatgash
    scatgash Posts: 101 Member
    1. Nutella
    2. Cheese
    3. Pizza
  • ginawood1
    ginawood1 Posts: 8
    1. Soda
    2. excess bread
    3. fast food
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    No cheesecake factory :'(

Cheesecake Factory has a yummy 550 calories and under menu. LOVE IT!

I gave up:
    1) Coke
    2) My afternoon M&M McFlurry
    3) My size 1X, XXL and X clothes!!!!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    hmm.. nothing completely but I sure have cut back. The 3 hardest things to cut back on were...

1. Potato chips. - Would eat every single day and have only had 2 handfuls since January
    2. Diet Coke - I also drank this every day and no only 1 - 2 times a month (having one right now hehe)
    3. Poutine - I had this at least once a week and have only had once since January

Woo..Just had a proud moment.
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    1) My fat *kitten*

That's all.
    I saw someone gave up french fries...ouch..hurt me to read. I eat french fries(homemade) 3-4 times per week.
  • melb2003
    melb2003 Posts: 198
    1. Lazy days where I can just lye around.
    2. Biggie size meals
    3. A couple hours everyday from being at the gym
  • lrnpage
    lrnpage Posts: 27
    1) Meat
    2) Milk (always opt for soy or nut milk now)
    3) Jelly Sweets