Is your Partner or spouse supportive?

124»

Replies

• xTenaciousJx
    xTenaciousJx Posts: 555
    my hubby is pretty supportive...he's one of few words, but def shows with his hands constantly on me. ;)
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Hugely could'nt have done it without him x
  • My fiance is completely supportive of my dieting he askes me every evening when he comes home from work how my calorie counting is going and hoe many i have left so we can decide together what tohave for dinner he took me for a bike ridd todat to get my exersice as i wont do Zumba whilst hes home (too embarressed to workout with him at home lol) or we will take an evening walk too
  • souzouchan
    souzouchan Posts: 80
    I know if my fiance said those kind of things I would feel that my efforts aren't important. The good thing is soon after I started using MFP he got on board too and even goes on LOOOONG walks with me (like....at least 10km type walks haha) The only conflict I see at the moment is waiting for my turn to play Fitness Evolve 2012 on the Xbox kinect! Lol!

Overall we're supporting each other very much in these efforts and it's paying off in many ways. :)
  • Hi I was intrigued to read this post to see both the positive and negative side of how our other half's deal with us loosing weight.

My partner is a sabotager - he regularly brings he home treats like bags of sweets or cookies. In his mind it is because I am doing good with my diet.
    I keep asking him not to as I have such a sweet tooth and he knows I will end up eating them.

I know he doesn't want me to loose weight, I have had this before with other partners.

I think in their mind they 'know' that men/women won't be attracted to me when I am big so there is the security.

He sees me loosing weight, changing my figure and becoming healthy and is becoming more insecure!!!

But what ever happens I am doing this for me.

xxxxxxx
  • momtobe06
    momtobe06 Posts: 81 Member
    Thanks for the feedback... I talked to my husband to try to get to the bottom of the snarky underhanded stuff and he said he supports me.. but on some level wondered if I was shaping up for another Man. No history of cheating in our nine year marriage.. so that is a weird insecurity to me. It always comes down to sex.... I told him that if I feel better about myself overall.. It would only benefit that dept of our marriage.
  • Arperjen
    Arperjen Posts: 108 Member
    After 5 weeks of me being here and making changes, he signed up today with me. :)