Shred starting may 26th

Options

Replies

• Katy_V
    Katy_V Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    :love: Hi ladies - thank you for the lovely welcome

WOW well done Suz!

I run a lot, long distance (though don't lose any weight, even marathon training :blushing: ) so I don't really expect to lose any weight with JM but I measured myself and have lost 1in off my hips since 31 May!

Did L1+2 on Saturday... ran on Sunday so didn't bother with Jill - did L2 last night. My favourite thing about this workout is that it's quick - it CAN be squished in even at times like this when work is manic and family are bleating like newborn lambs...
  • Shamrock_me
    Shamrock_me Posts: 161
    Options
    Arg!! I have not been feeling well - I think I have a flu bug.

I have NO energy to work out and no appetite either. Hope it moves on soon!
    Maybe by Thursday I can get back on the horse!!!!

I am really impressed by all of you - you're inspiring! Beat the Jillian!!!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I hope you feel better Sharock.

I have been so crazy busy with the kids. I've been struggling to make time. I'll keep plugging away.
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    StrawberrySuzyQ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Shamrock, hope you DON'T have the flu and are feeling better soon!! :flowerforyou:

Well, I finished up level 2 last night and today I will begin level 3!! I watched the workout on Monday and I'm excited to give it a try. :bigsmile:

I have the opportunity to show off my sleeker body this weekend at a picnic and I'm excited about that. Only my brother, sis-in-law, nephew and mom have seen me in shorts and I would love to be in the next smaller size by then! :love: Everyone else has only seen me in skirts or dresses so they don't realize how much smaller my legs and thighs have gotten since starting the Shred.

Here's to all of you still plugging away! :drinker: As I told my sister who is working up to just START level one: Do it at your own speed and pace until you can do it keeping up with the girls. There is no shame in giving it all you have even if all you have is 1/3 of what they have. The most important thing is to NOT give up! Keep on doing it and do it until you feel good about what you have done. I've told a number of people that if they have to do level one for 30 days it is better than doing nothing for 30 days, so do what you can and then move on.

So I'm going to tell all of you on this journey: Do what you can, don't stop and just keep giving it all that you have even if all that you have is less than JM wants. No sense in trying to kill yourself, just keep moving and doing what you can!! :drinker:
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    Options
    Okay, ladies!! SO, who has moved on to level 3???

This was my second day in level three and my thighs are killing me with some of those moves. I'm a little disappointed we aren't doing much in the way of strengthening the triceps muscles and to be honest, some of the moves don't seem like level 3...more like level one, like the one where we have the single weight and drop it down and then press it up. I don't feel a whole lot of workout in that move...perhaps I should have a heavier weight for it??

Anyway, hoping these last eight days will give me more in the way of results. I would hate to have to do two-a-days just to get the results I'm looking for but since I'm not getting a whole lot out of level 3 except a lot of sweat loss, I might do level 1 and level 3 and the next day level 2 and level 3. Any thoughts about that?

Coworker today said she tried level one and "thought it was TOO easy" so she moved to level three and "it was TOO hard." *Shaking my head*......I don't really work with a smart bunch, however, just doing it ONCE may seem easy but do it 7, 8, 9 times in a row and see how easy it is. You have to keep doing it to feel the muscles working and getting stronger. I'm glad I've stuck through this.

My sister has been a big cheerleader for me and said that they are all exercising vicariously through me. LOL ...I hope I've inspired them to take whatever exercises they have been doing and step it up a notch! :heart:
  • kassivaladez
    Options
    week 2 for me, and did level 2 for the second time, i have decided to finish this week on level 2 and then a week on level 1 then a week on level 3. i may want to kill myself afterwards, but at least i am pushing myself! I love how i feel after i am done!
  • kassivaladez
    Options
    also, in case anybody is interested. I pulled this off of pintrest. It is a regimine that is recommended by Jillian herself. just thought i would share!

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    Options
    also, in case anybody is interested. I pulled this off of pintrest. It is a regimine that is recommended by Jillian herself. just thought i would share!

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

Thanks for sharing this! I Have the No More Trouble Zones but can't remember if I actually got the Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism video or not. I know I was trying for it on eBay and quite possibly have it but now don't know where I put it. :laugh:

From her newsletter she mentioned that she designed 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 to do for 30 consecutive days, which is why I'm doing it that way. Of course, she mentions to listen to your body and don't overtax yourself and if you feel you can't do it on a certain day then take a day off and get back on the next. I haven't given up yet although there are times when I wanted to but I'm liking the workout everyday thing. :bigsmile:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that schedule!

I'm still here, though Jillian and I aren't on speaking terms right now. The real problem is just that I have bee so busy.
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    Options
    LOL, Kate: Not on speaking terms with JM, huh? :laugh: :laugh: :wink: :laugh: :laugh: My best friend's daughter told me yesterday that she hates her trainer, too. They just started the 30 DS and she was struggling to make it through level 1. :laugh:

Well, kind of fell of the wagon yesterday. It's not that I didn't exercise because I DID....spent 45 minutes mowing and trimming the lawn and then cleaning it all up. There are several LARGE hills in the back yards, so pushed the mower up those plenty of times and then went to picnic and ended up chasing my 20 month old great-niece all over the place....BUT, I got so depressed when I went to leave (its a LLLLOOOONNNNGGGGG story) that I didn't do my workout. I'm one day behind now as today is actually day 23 rather than day 24.

I did, however, get right back on and do the workout and added part of level 1 to add a little more in to my workout.

One week to the finish line! Going to give it my all and really push through! Sweating so much it is like rain is dripping off of me, but in the end the workout feels great! :drinker:
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    Options
    Back on board! Let's see, this was day 24 of the 30. Went to do my workout and barely into the first circuit my mom comes downstairs. Let's just say, NOT doing the workout with someone else watching. Someone else doing it WITH me, okay, but not just watching. Waited until she left and then started it all over again.

Feeling stronger everyday! Actually, laughed so hard at something on Sunday that my abs actually hurt! :laugh:

Hope to hear from the rest of you and seeing how you are progressing!! :drinker:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Suz, you are awesome!!!!! I'm sorry that the picnic left you feeling down.:flowerforyou: I totally understand what you're saying about people watching you. I feel the same, unfortunately, I usually don't have a choice.

I'm hanging my head in shame. I wanted so badly to do the Shred and stick with it. I wasn't prepared for what my days were going to be like once school was out. But, I haven't given up. After reading all of your posts, I am starting over. I really want to go for 30 days straight if I can. So.......

Day 1, Level 1: finished
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I've done day 5 of level 2 today, so I'm halfway through now. I've only had 2 rest days since I started but am away for 2 nights tomorrow so won't do it again until Friday. I just need to get back on it once I'm back and not eat too much junk while I'm away! I've ordered Jillian's kick boxing DVD to try after 30 DS as a change.

So far I've definitely lost some inches, my clothes feel way looser! Will weigh and measure Sunday and see where I am at!
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    Options
    Kate, NO shame in not getting through this! I only made it two days my first time around, but this time I joined a group (YOURS) :happy: and bandwagoned the support of family and friends through FB. I kept them all up-to-date as to my activities and they have been supporting me through this journey. My best friend and her daughter actually started to do it too, but they are many days behind me.

Thanks for the support. :love: I knew my TOM would be difficult but thought I had gotten a grip on my depression to make it through. I'm glad I didn't let it keep me down and pushed through to get back on board! :bigsmile:

Paulaviki: You keep on doing what you can with your circumstances, too! :flowerforyou: You are HALFWAY there!! Don't give up now! And even if you cannot do ALL of the workout because you are away, don't forget to be active and try to get in some cardio, strength and abs just so you don't REALLY feel it when you are able to do the videos again.

Ladies, we are getting to the home stretch and for those of you a little further behind, we'll keep the light on and the cheers loud so you make it to the finish with us!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    wow ty for sharing the schedule but are you sure that it is good to do? I mean 7 days.. I thought it was work out for 5 days straight then take a day off then start working out again on the 7th day.. And then it says to do 2 20 minute level 1 and 2? down there in day 11 or so. Holy cow.. I don't know if I even want to start 30 day shred again after having a pain in my hip. Which has gotten better then before...
  • Shamrock_me
    Shamrock_me Posts: 161
    Options
    You Gals are all so Awesome!!!

I still do Level 1 most days and bump in Level 2 now and then - I haven't even looked at Level 3
    I like to switch it up alot but the excessive plank exercises are rough on me with a bad rotator cuff but I still make it through just not as strongly as I'd like. I'd like to put Level 1 to bed for a while maybe in the next day or two. Maybe just keep in the 10-15 minutes I like and FF to Level 2.

I've started a black bag policy on clothes I put away. Black bag in the bottom of the container is the 'fat clothes' and it's getting to be a BIG bag so even if you are not gung-ho about the Shred (it comes and goes with me) you will still tone up & drop inches as long as you remain steady in your work outs and don't fudge too much with your calories.

I can't believe its almost been a month since we started.

Wow! Time does fly when you're pretending to punch Jillian in the face!!!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Level 1, Day 2: Behind me!

I'm really hoping to get in 30 days straight.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Level 1, Day 3: Finished with great effort.

Right after I finished circuit 1 someone started pounding on my front door. I paused to go see who it was only to discover my daughters little friend. I said that all of the children could go play in the back yard so I could get back to the workout (incidently, I hate starting and then stopping and then re-starting). Then when I was on the floor doing my oblique crunches, the girls decided they needed towels so they could run through the sprinklers. The little neighbor girl then sat outside my bedroom door, discussing with me why my carpet was so dirty and why wouldn't I let my children go play out front assuring me that she would watch them (she's 6). So, while I'm doing crunches and then chest flies, :grumble: I was trying to explain that the carpet was dirty because my vacuum is downstairs and I didn't want to go get it and that my children couldn't go out front until I could watch them (my youngest is only 3 and not really trustworthy). Ugh! But the workout is finished!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Level 1, Day 4: complete!

I really didn't want to Shred today. The only thing that got me to do it was this challenge. I know that I am way behind (which is pretty sad since I am the one who started it), but this challenge keeps me going. Thanks for All of you and the encouragement you give!
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Well I had 2 days off and didn't eat very healthily but only went over my daily limit by about 200-300 calories so if I had done the shred on those days I'd have been ok!

Anyway just finished day 6 of level 2, and after a 5 hour drive back from Manchester so feeling proud of myself! Usually I'd have come home and had a snooze on the sofa!

I cannot wait to see the back of the planks!