Whats low cal but high protein?

Options
13»

Replies

• Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I've never had an avocado. Are they good? Also whats the best way to separate egg whites. Thanks

Buy them already seperated in the dairy case...............
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Egg whites :)

This....and if you want an esay way of getting egg whites with out having to strategically get it of a whole egg....go with Crystal Farms Liquid egg whties...I add that to fruit smoothies
  • mrsjacksn
    mrsjacksn Posts: 113
    Options
    bump
  • blasiansrus
    blasiansrus Posts: 151
    Options
    I get a lot of protein from egg whites! 25g of protein for 125cal
    &&
    dry roasted edamame has 15g of protein for 150cal (well the kind i buy haha)

other options
    light/2%milk string cheese is 50-60cal depending on the brand & has 6g of protein
    I know cottage cheese & yogurts are good sources
    tuna or other fish (the packages of tuna have tons of protein)
    multi-grain English muffins have like 5g for 110 calories (or close, depends on brands)
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    good ideas
  • trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If you like peanut butter, you can get 'PB2' which has all the oil/fat separated out so it's just a powder. I think it's 10G protein for 45 cals? Put it in or on something else you're fixing.
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    A Tzatziki Tuna sandwich on whole wheat. 440 Calories. 48 grams of protein.
    3 tablespoons Cedars Tzatziki, one small can of tuna, onions to taste Pepperidge Farm whole wheat bread. If that is too much, make half the sandwich or put it on a whole wheat grain english muffin. and save 1/2 the tuna.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Tilapia
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    chicken, fish, egg whites,nuts and seeds or quorn :smile:
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Eggs and chicken breast.
  • beelzebubbles
    Options
    Fat free cheeses, human flesh (in moderation), omelets.

LOL, was I the only one who caught this? Almost woke up my kid I was laughing so hard...
    I mean it is all natural.. and as organic as you can get if you think about it.

It tastes like chicken so I guess the caloric count is the same.

True, but as they don't promote cannibalism on this site (I guess zombies don't need to diet) how would you know the caloriescontent?
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Most people don't know this but leafy greens, legumes, and grains. You don't need to eat a lot of meat to get your daily protein intake. For instance a 100 calories of Broccoli is about 11 grams of protein where as a 100 calories of steak is only 6 grams. I am not saying to stop eating meat by any means, it is just good to mix it up a bit. Eating a lot of veggies will turn your body it to a fat burning machine and will also help you feel better. Plus it is good to know that the broccoli is much lower in fat :)
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    I've never had an avocado. Are they good? Also whats the best way to separate egg whites. Thanks

Buy them already seperated in the dairy case...............

seriously? i didn't even know people sold them separated!

just crack the egg and let the whites run through your fingers. spend better money on eggs rather than having them already separated.

save the yolks and use them for sauces or to thicken soups.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    A Tzatziki Tuna sandwich on whole wheat. 440 Calories. 48 grams of protein.
    3 tablespoons Cedars Tzatziki, one small can of tuna, onions to taste Pepperidge Farm whole wheat bread. If that is too much, make half the sandwich or put it on a whole wheat grain english muffin. and save 1/2 the tuna.

just an fyi: tzatziki is super easy to make at home: it's just crushed garlic, yogurt, minced dill and minced cucumber.
  • FitBarbie2986
    FitBarbie2986 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone has said this,but plain tuna fish is awesome for you!

I like to get Bumble Bee Chunk Light Tuna in Water and for the whole can its only 100 calories and has 26g of protein and only 1g of saturated fat.

:D