Do you exerice everyday or take a break?

Options
2»

Replies

• shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    My schedule goes with the Zumba schedule at the gym. 4x a week.

I stagger swimming laps, exercise bike & leg lifts after the Zumba sessions.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    It just depends on how your feeling and intensity. I workout 6-7 days a week but I pay attention to my body and muscle soreness. If I need one or two extra days of rest I take them. If your workouts are strenous then having those two days of rest could be more beneficial for you. Theres no one set way that is best for everybody. You just have to pay attention to your own body. Even on my rest days, I do some form of light activity like walking or just something that has me moving or busy.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I exercise a lot, 6 days a week. I take a day off at the weekend where I do no more than poodle around my flat and maybe walk to the cornershop. I hate that day, I get twitchy, but I know my body needs to recuperate.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Right now my workout is Insanity so yea its 6 days a wk one 40min. workout per day.. But sometimes I add a different type of workout later in the evening for about 20min. and I do Interval vigrous walking/jogging for 30-60min. 3x per wk.. Till I can finally run a full 3miles again so I can start to run races again.. I have only done 1 but the feeling I got was so amazing I want to do more.. :)

Yea but 1-2 rest days is a good idea. Cuz last month I OVER TRAINED myself I had worked out straight for 3 wks and didnt realize till I looked at my calendar that I didnt have a rest day,, AND IT WILL BACKFIRE ON YOUR PROGRESS TO LOSE WEIGHT. WELL IT DID FOR ME.. that and I was tired alot.. But now im good :)
  • JB5349
    JB5349 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I try to do something every day, Most days I hike with my dogs - on days that I am working (my job is sedentary) I try to make sure I hit the gym on my lunch.
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    To answer your question, I take a break. I go to the gym M-Th then once again on Sat.., But I try to get some activity I consider exercise in everyday, whether it be taking stairs, parking further from the store in the parking lot so I can walk, walking my dogs, etc.
  • SassetG
    SassetG Posts: 19
    Options
    REST IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS EXCERSIZE! IF THERE IS NO TIME TO REST, YOU WILL NOT GET THE RESULTS THAT YOU WANT. :)
  • Gergal73
    Gergal73 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I exercise as much as I am able. I listen to my body. It tells me when I need to rest. Usually I rest at least 1 day a week, sometimes 2. As I am getting stronger, I find that I am able to exercise more and take less time off. :smile:
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week and take a break on sunday, however if I have a big party coming up on sunday afternoon like I do this sunday, I will workout in the morning and take my rest day during the week, knowing that I may have more calories.
  • kmoore02
    kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I believe in balance with everything you do. You still need time to enjoy living. I run 3 days a week, Sun-Tue-Thu. On Mon - Wed - Friday I do some light lifting. None of what I do is more than an hour. I get straight to my workouts and don't do a lot of sitting around or chit chatting. I also only weigh myself once a week. I've been using MFP for a little over two weeks and at my last weigh in 7lbs!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    At first I could only manage 3 times a week but now I do 5 days a week.45 minutes each time and sometime a long run on the week end
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week (either walking or running in place)....I do my weights 3-4 times a week....but there has been weeks I've done all 7 days...I think it's just a personal opinion..every persons body is different, you just have to figure out what's right for you. Good luck!! :)
  • edsgotguns
    edsgotguns Posts: 6
    Options
    I totally agree about your view about that TV show. Its kind of scary that it is so popular.:smile:
  • edsgotguns
    edsgotguns Posts: 6
    Options
    If you have a sedentary job like at a computer screen all day, then I think you need to try to do at least 6 days but then it depends on how hard you exercise. I believe that Walking or running should be the foundation of your program where walking can be done every day and then sprinkle in ab and strength workouts as you are able. I believe that ab workouts are very important for posture and overall health. But you need to listen to your body especially of you feel any unusual pain or fatigue..:smile:
  • Jackolina85
    Jackolina85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have to workout everyday. If I take a break, it's real easy for me to continue slacking. I have to keep at it...and it makes me feel so good! I don't work out hardcore either. I workout about 25 min to 1 hour a day. It really just depends on what works best for you. :)
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I workout approx 5-6 days a week. Since I have more time on the weekends, I do longer workouts then.
    I've decided though to change things, I plan to work out 2 days in a row, then off 1 day, etc. M-F I walk
    at lunch for 30min then after I get off work usually bike ride for 30min, but I'm going to continue walking
    at lunch and after work will exercise 2 days and off 1. We'll see how it goes.
  • verodzrosas
    verodzrosas Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I try to work out one day yes and then one day nt, but on the days that I "dont work out" I still do my stretching and hopefully I will go out and walk and if I have to go anywhere and I can walk there I will and in the metro station i allways take the stairs instead of the escalator... stuff like that..
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Rest days are important so you don't burn yourself out and so you can let your body recover. I aim to work out 4-6 days a week, and then take rest days.
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I exercise about three days a week. Occasionally i'll exercise more if I know i'll be attending an event later that day, or sometime that week. Just so I can eat without having worry wrinkles form every time I put something in my mouth.

:laugh: @ the worry wrinkles part. I love having a big calorie burn each day just for this reason :bigsmile:
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I exercise every day, sometimes twice :)