Ever Get Any Back-Handed Compliments?

Options

Replies

• _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    My gym buddy said to me, "... you've lost so much weight your stretch marks are really showing". :noway:
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Haha, SoI'm not the only one. ...not sure I should feel about that.

The most insulting backhanded compliment I received was, "You'd be so hot if you were 6'!" I'm 5'7''.

-__- Tanks ladybrah.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    i had to use a different trainer than i normally do for ONE day..after lifting for 15 minutes he said "wow- you can lift a lot more than i thought you could." :mad:
  • Lushaholic
    Lushaholic Posts: 62
    Options
    I joined roller Derby this was a huge breakthrough for me, Someone I know (who supposedly cares for me) be said that is awesome but make sure you can actually do it before you spend all the money on equipment.... I have not been back to roller derby since. I may just be over reacting, i'm not really sure but this really put out my light.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    "You seem pretty cool - but do you always where those rings in your lip?"

B*tch.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    'Wow look at you! You're almost as skinny as me" -_-
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I joined roller Derby this was a huge breakthrough for me, Someone I know (who supposedly cares for me) be said that is awesome but make sure you can actually do it before you spend all the money on equipment.... I have not been back to roller derby since. I may just be over reacting, i'm not really sure but this really put out my light.

roller derby is soo cool. don't give up that dream!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    On a first date with a guy who seemed nice before this point, "So, for like a fat chick, your boobs really aren't very big...... the rest of you is ok, but I was expecting bigger. At least your back doesn't hurt all the time." Then he wanted to clink glasses and do a cheers to that!

I was like... "Wait... WTF?"
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Woah, you're not fat anymore!
  • lizzynewm
    lizzynewm Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    "When did you get hot?"

b*tch, since the womb.
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    A co-worker was talking about an upcoming trip and the price of things in that
    particular country, and then he said "but you don't travel" then caught himself and
    said "or maybe you do". What about me made him assume that.
  • OddBookOut
    OddBookOut Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My gym buddy said to me, "... you've lost so much weight your stretch marks are really showing". :noway:

WHAT??? Look, I've got stretch marks, it happens, but that's NOT something you comment on.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    This didn't happen to me, but to my niece...
    Her hairdresser is a guy who happens to be friends of both her and her (now ex) husband. She hadn't been to the salon in a while, and when she did go, the hairdresser was chatting with her while she was in the chair. He says "Oh, I saw (her ex) the other day. He's lost a lot of weight. I see that you found it." Omg! She let him finish her hair, didn't tip him, and never went back to him!
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine once got told "You know, for a big girl you're actually kinda hot"... I would have smacked the boy... lol
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    'Wow look at you! You're almost as skinny as me" -_-

Oh no! That is bbbbaaaaadddd! I'm afraid I would've hurt that person!
  • OddBookOut
    Options
    "When did you get hot?"

b*tch, since the womb.

OMG Yes!
  • BeckiCharlotte13x
    BeckiCharlotte13x Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I've not had this personally, but I was with someone who received it.

'I don't normally like big girls'
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    "Eat a Sandwich" - like um thanks?
    or always calling me "skinny girl" when they talk to me, but the way they say it doesn't sound like a compliment.

It's like, I like that people think I'm skinny but you're insulting me saying it like that or instead of actually complimenting me or commenting on my weight loss you just tell me to eat more....why so I can me unhappy and chubby and jealous of skinnier people again?

I've got that too! Since I've lost weight, I've been told I need to eat a cheeseburger! Ummmm - really?? I've only just recently hit the *normal* weight for my height (and that's at the high end), pretty sure I don't need to stuff my face with cheeseburgers daily, thanks for the advice!
  • OddBookOut
    Options
    "Eat a Sandwich" - like um thanks?
    or always calling me "skinny girl" when they talk to me, but the way they say it doesn't sound like a compliment.

It's like, I like that people think I'm skinny but you're insulting me saying it like that or instead of actually complimenting me or commenting on my weight loss you just tell me to eat more....why so I can me unhappy and chubby and jealous of skinnier people again?

I've got that too! Since I've lost weight, I've been told I need to eat a cheeseburger! Ummmm - really?? I've only just recently hit the *normal* weight for my height (and that's at the high end), pretty sure I don't need to stuff my face with cheeseburgers daily, thanks for the advice!

Ha! It's like, what am I? A LOL cat?
  • rchambers2072
    rchambers2072 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My daughters sister in law (no clue how she's related to me) blurted out this morning "wow, you lost a lot of weight."