Thinking of doing a clense, thoughts?

Options
13»

Replies

• jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Just to add a little fun here

does anyone actually have the studies that show these products dont do any good? Or on the other hand do good ?

No and no. The burden of proof falls on those making outlandish claims. Before spending money, you should look for studies proving the efficacy of the product. Usually, you just find the claims are not based on anything but testimonials.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Just to add a little fun here

does anyone actually have the studies that show these products dont do any good? Or on the other hand do good ?

No and no. The burden of proof falls on those making outlandish claims. Before spending money, you should look for studies proving the efficacy of the product. Usually, you just find the claims are not based on anything but testimonials.

^ Listen to him.

The liver and kidneys will cleanse what they can cleanse. Drinking blended up veggies or random shakes will not "remove additional toxins". Side note: To this date, I've still not had anyone specifically list the toxins they are removing.
  • sdevan45
    sdevan45 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If the human body needed to be cleansed, someone would have already setup a drive through.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    facepalm.

your digestive system does that all on its own.
  • BlowYourMind
    BlowYourMind Posts: 162
    Options
    My colon is fine, but I need a brain bleach cleanse after reading about the s-shaped poops.

Mine is shaped like a hexagon...is that wrong??

Not wrong, just awesome.
    I laughed loudly reading that LOL!
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Everybody is going to tell you it's a horrible idea.

I did one when I started this diet. I did one day clear liquids, one day nothing but water, then drank the stuff you use for a colonscopy. I flushed 13 pounds of garbage out of my system.

Note.

You're going to not lose weight for a bit after it, you can't do it on a steady basis. It's a bad idea medically. It's kind of disgusting. Go in knowing all that please.

I foresee a lot of people reading your informative and helpful post as "Blah, blah, blah, I flushed 13 pounds, blah, blah, blah. " People will try the darnedest thing hoping for a magic pill.

I flushed thirteen pounds of poop, not fat. It's not fat, it's nowhere near fat. I didn't expect to lose fat. Trust me, not fat. Please don't do this if you expect to lose fat, if anything it will slow your weight loss.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Everybody is going to tell you it's a horrible idea.

I did one when I started this diet. I did one day clear liquids, one day nothing but water, then drank the stuff you use for a colonscopy. I flushed 13 pounds of garbage out of my system.

Note.

You're going to not lose weight for a bit after it, you can't do it on a steady basis. It's a bad idea medically. It's kind of disgusting. Go in knowing all that please.

this.... everyone is so against it ...
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    go for a poop..... cleansed :)
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I did a Dr. Natura cleanse that is all natural with ingredients like psyllium husk and papaya. It was very helpful. I just ate as I normally do, lots of whole grains and veggies, no meat, less dairy. I did not do it to lose weight but to rid my gut of bad bacteria and parasites. Cleanses get a bad name. Whatever. I think certain ones are great.

Parasites??????????
    If I had parasites in my gut I would be rushing to the doctor.