Looking for your best salmon recipes

Options

Replies

• mojosister
    mojosister Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    maple syrup, grainy mustard, ginger, honey and garlic warmed in a pan - then basted over salmon & cooked under broiler for 10min.

241 calories!
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bumping......................... thanks to all of you for recipe ideas:) I bake mine with fresh dill, salt and pepper
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Any smoked barbeque spice (mine are S. African) seasoning salt, cracked black pepper. I remove the skin and cook in a non stick ceramic frying pan. It gives off enough oil. I play around with spices, but anything smoked is nice. I don't turn it until it's crispy brown and cooked a 1/4 of the way up. It ends up looking fried and crispy without breading. FAMILY LOVES IT! I bet if I just threw it in the pan with nothing, it would still be yummy
  • PudgyPostol
    PudgyPostol Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried Chef Paul's Salmon Magic?
  • jynnantonnyk
    jynnantonnyk Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bake my salmon in a tin foil parcel, with a frozen chilli cube on top. I serve on a sweet potato mash.

This is my evening meal tonight and I love it!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Margarine???????????

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Ohh I Love Salmon! Bumping for Ideas!

I buy the blackened salmon frozen packages from Sam's Club... (Lots of sodium, but still low cal and delish!)

I make an alfredo type dinner with it... Boil some whole wheat linguine in chicken broth. (adds sooo much more flavor) Drain, and melt in 1tbs I can't believe its not butter light, and 2 wedges of laughing cow light swiss cheese... while this is all melting, microwave your salmon, Add some Mrs. Dash, capers, lemon juice and cajun seasoning to the pasta... break the salmon into small pieces and add, One of my favorite Dinners!
  • camelotss
    camelotss Posts: 55
    Options
    I've been looking for new ways to prepare salmon...excellent timing.
  • jen7eleven
    jen7eleven Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I like to bake fish with olive oil, tomatoes, garlic, and onions, seasoned with a little Adobo.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    My favourite way is poached as I'm not keen on the oiliness of salmon and it is so simple.

* Put your salmon fillets in a saucepan with some dried herbs (oregano or dill go well) and black pepper. Make sure there is a lid on the pan to keep the heat in.

* Pour boiling water over until covered, put on the hob and heat up until the water is back up to boiling point.

* Take off the heat and leave to stand for 10 minutes.

The salmon will be perfectly cooked - soft and just cooked through. I do this in the morning while getting ready for work and take it to work with salad for lunch.
  • sassyfrass9
    sassyfrass9 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    My wife does a honey-lime salmon that we actually just had last night (and actually I made it last night, so you know its easy!).

Take a gallon ziplock bag, and put in there 3-4 big squeezes of honey, and the juice of 1 lime. Mix it up a bit, and add your Salmon steaks/fillets. Move the around so they are all coated, then toss them in the fridge for about an hour. Then preheat oven to 360 degrees, top with some salt and pepper, and bake on a cooking sheet for approx 22 minutes. I love salmon this way, its delicious! We usually will throw some asparagus on the sheet as well with some olive oil, salt, and pepper.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried Chef Paul's Salmon Magic?

I have never heard of this Chef Paul you speak of.
  • TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Must try some of these...they sound yummy
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    thanks cmeade, i'll take a look at those websites.
  • 42Librarians
    Options
    1/3 c Italian caponata on top and baked is great if you're in a rush. You can prepare it ahead of time or by it in a jar from Trader Joe's (90 calories 1/3c).
    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Caponata-235724
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    My mom always made a mustard and brown sugar mixture and spread that on top! yummy! You can use any mustard and add as much or as little brown sugar as you want depending if you want it more spicy or sweet! I use any extra sauce to add on top of the veggies/salad. And you just bake in the oven (Or in tin foil on the grill) until flaking!
  • chelojelo
    chelojelo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    These are the best salmon patties I've ever had. I only make them this way now. The recipe calls for fresh herbs, but I've always used dried, and they turn out great every time.
    Very Healthy Salmon Patties:
    http://australian.food.com/recipe/very-healthy-salmon-cakes-patties-183805
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I always just bake mine with olive oil and lemon juice - then I make a sauce out of dill, cream cheese, and milk and use a tiny bit (1-2 tbs) per serving of fish. D-licious!