What do you eat when...

Options
You are so tired you don't want to make anything or go anywhere to get anything.

Starving is the only answer, right? Right?

Replies

• MalyMal
    MalyMal Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Some type of high fiber cereal or a pb and j on no sugar no fat bread.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Toast! :-)
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    You are so tired you don't want to make anything or go anywhere to get anything.

Starving is the only answer, right? Right?

Haha! The sad thing is I usually do just starve and go to bed.
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    what's in the pantry or in the fridge? Fruit (apple, banana, pear, watermelon) veggies (cucumber, tomato, carrots) peanut butter, a healthy cracker. nuts, herbal tea, honey
    don't starve.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Fruit and cottage cheese, cereal and fruit, pb and anything.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    It depends entirely on what remaining macros I need to fill.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I make a sandwich or hoagie...I am good too!
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I think I need to give up on this whole trying to meet a protein goal for a while. I don't think it's really necessary for me at this point in time, but I guess I'm not a registered nutritionist or anything, so maybe I'm wrong. Maybe if I don't eat enough protein my organs will all dissolve. Maybe my skin will start peeling off in shingle-like patterns.
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    Protein will help to spare muscle mass as you lose weight.
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Yeah, and that's why I've been trying to do somewhat good. I kind of let everything else go where it wants and just focus on calories and protein. Ugh, I just need to get in the car and go buy some more whey. Blah.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Protein shake/bar or nuts or dried fruit that I always keep around. I buy nuts in bulk then store in fridge for just such emergencies (or the fact that I am excessively lazy when it comes to cooking).

I also have the fallbacks of canned veggies/tuna in the pantry but that requires opening cans....and heating.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Fiber cereal, or kashi if you need more protein. Or greek yogurt and fruit. Or all of it mixed together, that's pretty awesome too.
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    Yeah, and that's why I've been trying to do somewhat good. I kind of let everything else go where it wants and just focus on calories and protein. Ugh, I just need to get in the car and go buy some more whey. Blah.

For ideas:

Whey protein
    Eggs
    Tuna
    Chicken
    Ground Turkey (very versatile)
    Fish (Tilapia, Salmon are great)
    Greek Yogurt
    Shrimp

Plenty of options, the above are ones I eat frequently and they are all very protein dense.

EDIT: Additionally, since being tired seems to be an issue, I'd suggest cooking in bulk. Maybe have 2 nights per week where you cool and make large batches, reheat the next couple of days.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    A peanut butter and banana sandwich
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Doesn't take much time or energy to make a tuna sandwich.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, granola, fruit - strawberries, mangos, banana, protein bar, cheerios w/ blueberries
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Cereal. :heart:
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    Fruit??? Failing that theres always cereal in my pantry. A bowl of one of those wholegrain varieties always seems to fill the gap...
  • cristaine
    cristaine Posts: 87
    Options
    I keep whey protein and unsweetened almond milk on hand for moments like those.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Cereal or wheat toast with PB & Nutella