You mean the coat? Its so warm right? :love:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Does a coat count??
  • GinaMauricio17
    GinaMauricio17 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    oh god no not a coat! thats horrible, they are such small sweet animal and you have to kill so many to make one damn coat. i have a pet chinchilla
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    What if you were to make socks? It only probably requires like 5 chinchillas so it's not so bad :(
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Do youmean the little south american ones, i had way ages ago, was pretty cute. It was called Gizmo.
  • GinaMauricio17
    Options
    yeah they are from chile. i dont think anyone in this day in age should kill and skin anything for clothes unless you live completely off the grid. its unnecessary and lame, makes you look like a *kitten*. thats how they almost went extinct.
  • GinaMauricio17
    Options
    but when he makes me mad i tell him im going to turn him into gloves. but i would never i :heart: my chinchilla
  • victoria4321
    Options
    I'm only half kidding, relax. I don't have much against fur wearing though. Most of my shoes are leather and I eat meat, so I'd be a hypocrite to say wearing fur is mean.

I only don't wear it cause I'm worried about the crazy PETA people in nyc who throw paint on you :(

On the other hand, I googled them and they're so cute. It reminds me of a pet hamster that I had :smile:
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    they are not for clothes. Mine was the cutest thing loved it. kept me up a night when it chewed through its wood. Have wanted to get another one, but don't know where to get one where i live now. I loved it when he took his dust baths.
  • victoria4321
    Options
    they are not for clothes. Mine was the cutest thing loved it. kept me up a night when it chewed through its wood. Have wanted to get another one, but don't know where to get one where i live now. I loved it when he took his dust baths.

What makes you think they're meant to be pets either? I'm sure it would prefer to live with the other chinchillas in the wild somewhere. At least they don't even know they're clothes. I'm sure they know that they're trapped in a cage though. That's make me more sad :(
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I had grilled chinchilla for dinner tonight. Delicious!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    i used to live with someone who had a pet chinchilla.
  • GinaMauricio17
    Options
    i know. i eat meat too, and for some reason i dont think leather is too bad. just because we eat cow a lot, its kinda like using all parts of the buffalo. it just kinda makes me sad that when chinchillas are brought p everybody thinks of fur coats because they are wonderful pets who have personality. but the whole world thinks fur coats because of the 1920's
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    my cousin has one...does that count?
  • GinaMauricio17
    Options
    they are better domesticated. the highest natural way a chinchilla will die in the wild is of starvation. they like people too they are social kinda like birds
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    they're considered food in several South American countries...personally, I can't do rodents on my menu!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My friend had one when we were little. They're so tiny under the fur, I can't imagine anyone eating them. They're like little puffs of smoke.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    i love mine until i found out it was male & female boy could they have babys but they where so cute. its been a few years since i seen one the pet shop doesn't sale them any more
  • GinaMauricio17
    Options
    i think people in chile prefer to eat pinny pigs rather than chinchillas though. chinchillas are more rare and ginnypigs are bigger and they think they taste better.
  • busymom11
    busymom11 Posts: 15
    Options
    We have a chinchilla. She doesn't have a tail. She was being born breech and her mama tried to pull her out by the tail and bit it off;(. Her name is Bunny, because of her little stubby tail.