That sounds really good! I'm going to try these this weekend!:glasses:
  • queen3510
    queen3510 Posts: 180
    Options
    Will this work with Brownie Mix?
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    This sounds so good...I am gonna make them this weekend.
  • melssyl
    melssyl Posts: 66
    Options
    Trying this with Brownie Mix ... will post the results soon :)
  • shinton1
    shinton1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Tried the cupcakes and love them! I think they would even be good with icecream. I made chocolate ones and they pretty much tasted like a brownie. I also found cool whip choclate flavor (which I was a litte skeptical of....But it was good). Thanks for the recipe!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    can these be frozen after? If I bake something i would prefer to individually wrap each and freeze them so that 1) I can't eat them all at once 2) i can pop them in my lunch bag for work.

Thanks!

PG:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I found out I am allergic to chocolate and now cant stop thinking about sweet cupcakes:tongue:

I am going to make the white cake with strawberry soda.

Mmmm...cannot WAIT!!:smokin:
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I made these yesterday with white cake mix and added diet orange soda. I made mini-cupcakes, iced them with cool-whip and froze them! I made about 8 large cupcakes and my fiance' ate them all :smile:
  • halfacerk
    halfacerk Posts: 41
    Options
    I made these yesterday with white cake mix and added diet orange soda. I made mini-cupcakes, iced them with cool-whip and froze them! I made about 8 large cupcakes and my fiance' ate them all :smile:

yummy!! i knew i should have taken some home!! oh well im looking forward to the choc ones see ya soon!!
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    YOU SHOULD HAVE! I swear when I woke up and saw the empty plate I looked all over the place for them, I didnt think he wouldve ate 8 cupcakes!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    have these baking in the oven now, in ice cream cones, so 24 cup cake cones is working out to

85 cal + 20 cone cal = total 105 calories :) yum!
  • kolney
    kolney Posts: 93
    Options
    Yummy!! I can't wait to try this. Thank you soooo much!!

Now...I need a low cal frosting! LOL
  • cellorocker
    Options
    Oooh, tagging for later.
  • Jnd921
    Jnd921 Posts: 18
    Options
    Made this with devils food cake mix and diet wild cherry pepsi. YUM! Even the non-dieters at work loved them!
  • cherie2304
    Options
    So I just made the cupcakes and WOW they were delicious. the whole cake mix, cool whip free, and pudding mix brings each cupcake to 154 calories. Does that seem right to you guys. The mix I made only made 17 cupcakes so I took all the calories from the cake mix the cool whip and the pudding mix and divided it by 17 and I got 154. That actually seems like a lot still to me but definitely better than store bought.
  • mappy
    mappy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So I just made the cupcakes and WOW they were delicious. the whole cake mix, cool whip free, and pudding mix brings each cupcake to 154 calories. Does that seem right to you guys. The mix I made only made 17 cupcakes so I took all the calories from the cake mix the cool whip and the pudding mix and divided it by 17 and I got 154. That actually seems like a lot still to me but definitely better than store bought.

Hello Cherie2304,

IF your cake mix originally called for milk and eggs, then the nutrition information on the box would not be correct. Thus the number of calories in your calculation would be off.
  • halfacerk
    Options
    Made this with devils food cake mix and diet wild cherry pepsi. YUM! Even the non-dieters at work loved them!

I also made these yesterday with Dr. Pepper cherry and choclate cake mix for the frosting i used marshmellow fluff yummy my daughter and her friends ate almost all of them i figured them to be about 90 cal per cupcake. Im so excited to try different creations!!!! also two of my girl friend were really leary about them and couldnt tell they were diet cupcakes both wanted to know exactly how to make them I Love IT!!!
  • juliep63
    juliep63 Posts: 84
    Options
    I am currently baking a second batch of these because they are DELICIOUS! I have my whole family hooked on them! Thank you sooooo much for sharing this recipe!
  • cherie2304
    Options

Hello Cherie2304,

IF your cake mix originally called for milk and eggs, then the nutrition information on the box would not be correct. Thus the number of calories in your calculation would be off.

Oh i guess that makes sense but the box said that the mix itself was 170cals and when prepared with the eggs and oil it would be 280 cals. OYE!!! So confusing sometimes.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    the box gives the calorie info for just the dry mix. since the diet soda adds no calories, you just divide the dry mix calorie count by the number of servings to get each portion's amount.

sometimes mine come out a little flat. if you add two egg whites, this fluffs it right up, and only adds 34 calories to the entire cake.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: