Success stories using 30 Shred?

Options
Just bought this DVD today and am curios if anyone has had the results that the dvd states. I find it hard to believe...20 lbs in 30 days. I did not buy it for that reason either, I just needed some variation in my workouts.

But now I want to know if you have used it and seen this good of results or what your results were. Did you do the video every day? Every other day? Do the meal plan with it?

Just really curious!
Thanks

Replies

• m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I just started this program today as well so will be interested to see what people have to say. It was a good workout.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 Day shred 12 days ago and have been doing it everyday religiously. I started at level 1 of course then at day 8 I felt good enough to move up a level to 2. The first couple days I started the shred I could hardly walk I was so sore but made myself do every part of the workout and have not missed a day. After about the 4th day all the soreness was gone. I am just counting my cals as usual on here MFP. I did not know there was a meal plan that went along with the DVD until just a few days ago. I lost a pound within the first 3 days of starting the shred but have stayed at the same exact weight, down to the decimal point, since then. I can definitley feel a big difference though. I am getting more toned. Also a dress that I tried on last Sunday that didn't fit I tried it on this afternoon and it was a little looser in the mid section. So maybe next week it will fit. Also if you are wondering how many cals to log that it burns most people, and me also, log it in as 20 min. of circuit training. It logs it in at about 242 cals burned. I am frustrated about the not losing weight part since in three days I will be halfway done with the program and only lost a pound, but I am going to stick with it. I think , on me, it is building muscle and burning fat at the same time and that is why there is no real weight difference. I am just proud of myself for not giving up and sticking with it! (through tears and sweat! literally:sad: ) So just stick with it! I hope this helps. Even if you dont lose much its not like it wil hurt you! It can only make you better and stronger! I am feeling stronger everyday and I have more energy! I will keep you updated on the overall outcome when I finish the whole 30 days!:happy:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Thanks. I've been curious about the Shred as well :happy:

exercise.png
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I agree completely with laughingdani, I have been doing it for about 12-15 days as well. However, I don't do it every day, I usually take two days a week and do something else, just to keep it interesting. I've got muscles where I've never had muscles before though, and I too thought I would die after the first couple times. I'm doing level 2 right now and it is soo hard, but it feels great! I downloaded the video so I didn't even know it came with a meal plan, I just count my cals and such on here.
    It's a great workout, I've heard of some great results from people. My cousin is in bootcamp and she says that this video is harder and does more for her than they do there, (they let you rest in bootcamp tho), lol, stick too it and you will probably love it too.
    Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm I think I am even more curious now! lol I did not start the shred today, had to drive 300 miles to pick up my son...way too tired after that. Plus I pulled my hamstring a few days ago and am trying to be easy on it for a few more days. I will probably start it on Monday and I don't think I will be able to manage it every day...too much going on to do that but every other day should be doable. I guess I am going to have to do the work out before I am convinced that a 20 min workout can be that productive. I am used to 60 min of kickboxing....now THAT is a work out and a half!

Well thanks for the info...if anyone has anything else to share I would still love to hear it!
  • m2kjenn
    Options
    I've done the shred level one two days now. My thighs are on fire. I really like how easy it is to follow and the time is manageable.
  • sskera00_01
    Options
    Started it tonight and am going to do it in the Am with my 2 friends. I am also going to add the 20 minute Turbo Jam in the evening. I think I may do Turbo Sculpt 2 days a week too. I am only 23 pounds away from my healthy weight and want to hit it BEFORE christmas. Lets get it going people!
  • Kristi82
    Kristi82 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have only tried level 1. I really like it. When I got the video I didn't really think a 20 min workout would do much, but it's a good one. Also I read that some people skip the stretching part and do level 1 and 2 for a longer workout.
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    o.k. So I did it for the first time this morning and I admit it was much harder than I expected. I am used to squats and kickboxing so my legs are fine other than the hamstring I injured last week isn't liking me much. My ARMS on the other hand....WOW they have felt like noodles all day long! lol For the most part I was more impressed than expected. HOWEVER.....did she have to choose jumping jacks!!! I hate jumping jacks!!! Seriously....I am trying to do the workouts in the morning before everyone wakes up and jumping jacks make the whole house shake practically! lol

So how is everyone feeling after a few days of the weights?
  • m2kjenn
    Options
    Pickadilly - i agree, Jumping Jacks are not my favorite, fortunately I exercise in my basement so the floor is concrete and doesn't shake. I had been raving about the workout, so my 16 year old daughter ( who is very fit and athletic) decided to do it today, she just called me panting, saying it was the best workout ever!! Hearing her say that makes me feel much better that I was even able to get through it. Of course, I can still up my effort to get more results. Tonight will be my third.
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Woohoo...a 16 yr old thinks it is tough...gotta love that!

Oh I know I could up my cardio effort! lol Between being gentle on the hamstring and not wanting my nick naks to fall off the entertainment center....Ya...I did not put as much effort out there but I really pushed myself during the weights. I have been thinking of an alternative to do for the jumping jacks that would get the heartrate up without my house sounding like it is going to fall down around me! lol
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    You can substitute anything that keeps your heart rate up. When I am working with my trainer and we mix the cardio with the strength training she will make me just walk around or as long as I keep moving .
  • mouser79
    mouser79 Posts: 68
    Options
    Only complaint I have is my ankle got really sore on day 7
  • m2kjenn
    Options
    So I did day three. It is funny how each day it does get a little easier. Also decided to start the Couch to 5K program. May regret that decision, but right now it fits in with the shred gave me almost an hour of good workout.
  • joyblaylock
    joyblaylock Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second week of it and just started Level II middle of last week. It is a workout indeed. I usually jog/run four miles a day and then do the shred in the evenings. Once I got past the soreness, I feel like it is a great way for me to round out my running with some strength training and toning. I do feel my body is getting leaner doing the Shred. We shall see...
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred the whole month of JUNE and had a motivational group with weigh ins and measurements every Monday.

Im one month I lost 13 inches all over and 8-10 pounds.

I also went to the gym 5 days a week to do cardio. 25 min elliptical 30 min treadmill.

Only Complaint I treid to re-start July 1 with heavier weight and I got BAD shin splints and was forced to take some days off....which lead to me taking more days off.

I advise you to take measurements FOR SURE!!! maybe even pictures.

If anyone is willing to start a new "30 day SHred challenge" starting August 1 I would love to join. I am moving Aug 1 however and will not have the internet until Aug 7;therefore if I start the group I wont post until then....

any thoughts?!?!

Good Luck Shredders!!:drinker: keep hydrated :bigsmile:
  • momma2boys0609
    Options
    I've been wanting to do this workout for a while now, and finally bought the video tonight. I am game for starting a new 30 day shred on August 1st. Let me know the datails and I will be there. :wink:
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    o.k. So I did it for the first time this morning and I admit it was much harder than I expected. I am used to squats and kickboxing so my legs are fine other than the hamstring I injured last week isn't liking me much. My ARMS on the other hand....WOW they have felt like noodles all day long! lol For the most part I was more impressed than expected. HOWEVER.....did she have to choose jumping jacks!!! I hate jumping jacks!!! Seriously....I am trying to do the workouts in the morning before everyone wakes up and jumping jacks make the whole house shake practically! lol

So how is everyone feeling after a few days of the weights?
    I hate jumping jacks too!! But apparently Jillian loves them! Good news is you only do them twice during level 2 in the beginning as a warm up!! :happy: I am on day 15 and have lost an additional 2 lbs in the past 3 days. All of a sudden they decided to drop off!! :huh: Anyway I am on day 7 , I thnk, of level 2. I will do it a little longer than I did level 1. (it definitley makes me sweat more) Good luck to everyone!
  • nordic44
    nordic44 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I committed to "shredding" on Jan 1, 2009. I promised myself that I would stick with it for 100 days....AND IT DID !!!! During that time, I also found a great class at the gym that I love called "Body Pump" which is using weights with music...after 100 days, I decided I could give up the shredding as long as I kept up the body pump and at least some form of exercise (even if it is a 10 minute TV video or shred). I now have just made it past 200 days...of course my goal now is to the end of the year. I am barely 5 feet high and 54 years old (so my body had been changing....sagging and dragging) NOW, I am happy to say I am a firm size 2!!!!!! and feel like a million bucks!! I have had people tell me I look 10 years younger. My 18 year old daughter & are now sharing clothes. COMMIT and stick to it !! (I also committed to My Fitness Pal...!!) Between My Fitness pal and sticking to some kind of exercise....piece of cake!!! (I mean ...good glass of water!!!!!) HANG IN THERE !!! IT WORKS !!!! and it was empowering to know I did it all myself...(in the past I have done weight watchers, Jenny Craig, Weight Loss Clinic, LA weight loss...and any others ...I probably have tried it...but this was ALL BY MYSELF !!!! It only took me over 50 years to figure it out!!! It all started with shredding....Thank you Jillian!!!
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Well I did not do the shred this morning, hopefully by this evening I will feel my hamstring can handle it. I think I overcompensated on the hamstring and gave my calf muscle on that leg a bad workout. I have never had such a hard knot in my calf...I can barely move! Rubbed Aspercream on it last night, did ice/heat packs. So I think what I will do is for the cardio part, I am just going to do the squat and punch move, no jumping around that way. My arms, inner thighs and tummy are sore today so that 20 min workout really gets a lot of muscles! I am rather excited about it now, if my leg would cooperate it would be even better.

Nordic44...WOW! So what was your starting size/weight? That is amazing!

O.k. so we seem to have some interest in starting a little shred group. Do we want to keep using this thread or start a new one? Do you want a name? Whatcha ya'll wanna do?