June Zumba challenge?

Options
13»

Replies

• missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm in - I have Zumba Party for the XBox Kinect but I've been slacking lately - this should give me the impetus to get back to it.
  • CBreysach
    CBreysach Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in....I have Zimba for the Wii and that is how I zumba......would love a challenge to help keep me on task!

I would like to know how you calculate your calories burnt with the wii zumba. Does it have to do with the points at the end?
  • dispatchsunshine
    Options
    Oooh! I want to do this! LOVE me some Zumba! I only have 2 classes at the gym that I can go to, but I have Wii Zumba, so that will count, too! :)
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I am in....I have Zimba for the Wii and that is how I zumba......would love a challenge to help keep me on task!

I would like to know how you calculate your calories burnt with the wii zumba. Does it have to do with the points at the end?

Heart rate monitor is likely to be more reliable than that. I use a heart rate monitor to log my calorie burn.
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options

Go to Zumbacalories.com punch in your details and it works them out pretty accurately x
  • Ssweets18
    Ssweets18 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Are we doing a weekly check in?
  • Jenjaz1910
    Options
    Well my Zumba fitness 2 for the Wii arrived yesterday and did "3" sessions a 22 minutes session this morning, 25 mins this afternoon and then my girls made me do a 40 minute session this eve! I'm LOVING it but jeez I'm exhausted totally Zumba'd out lol x
  • ttrussel
    ttrussel Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Are we doing a weekly check in?

My friend and I start Zumba today. Tues/Thurs - June 28th. What are the rules here? Check in or check back at the end?
  • MrsFierce
    MrsFierce Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!!! I love Zumba and I try to get in 6 days a wk. Kinect Zumba is amazing. Does anyone else have it? I'm wondering if my "party energy" is my calories burned.
  • mbaugham
    mbaugham Posts: 70
    Options
    Count me in on the Zumba challenge. I just started attended my first Zumba class tonight and I love it. I am getting the DVDs to do at home when I can't make the class.
  • Jenjaz1910
    Options
    So far in June I have done 167 minutes of Zumba (2 hours and 47 minutes) am really enjoying it on the WII :) but have an injury already!! Where the belt sits on my left hip I have a lump and bruise where the belt has been rubbing OOPPPS!! Hope everyone else is doing well :)

Jen x
  • cuteek
    cuteek Posts: 33
    Options
    I'll give another little update soon but just wondered, I've been doing Zumba on average every other day, with a few days off here or there because of muscle pain and time of the month, but I seem to have put weight ON. I did lose 10lbs last Summer with Zumba on XBOX which I did an hour every night but that's since gone back on. I try to only weigh myself once a week and I write it down.

I'm eating well and including more fruit but I think I've gained a kilo!!!! I've lost like 1 inch off my waist but my clothes are still tight.

Any thoughts?
  • D0P3aCiTy
    D0P3aCiTy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im in. Just got Zumba for my xbox so im addicted :)
  • cuteek
    Options
    Zumba XBOX progress this month: I try to do it every other day

2nd June
    5th June
    7th June
    11th June
    13th June
  • cuteek
    Options
    How is everybody getting on with the challenge? In my other post I mentioned weight gain, but it seems to be dropping now at last. plus Zumba is becoming part of my life.

15th June - 1 hour Zumba
    16th June - 4 mile walk
    17th June - Long walk

Going to do another hour tonight and maybe everyday for the next 4 days just to change it up a bit.
  • chrissydrske
    chrissydrske Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    June 14 1 hr of zumba

June 17 1 hr zumba

I get my certicate this friday to become an instructor yeah.
  • cuteek
    Options
    18th June - 1 hour Zumba fitness rush

20th June - 1 hour Zumba fitness rush

The weight is finally starting to come off :D
  • vivianleemit
    vivianleemit Posts: 112
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry I disappeared for a while - MFP wasn't working on my laptop (not sure why!) so I was only able to access MFP from my phone to input calories. Everything seems to be fixed now, though!

I was hoping for a weekly check-in, but given my absence, I think a huge check-in at the end should be fine.

I've done zumba every Tues/Thurs thus far, with the exception of one week. No weight coming off yet, but I've been a plateau for a while so I don't expect it to be easy...