Lowest calorie drinks to order at the bar?

Options
13»

Replies

• artisticappetite
    Options
    My go to drink is vodka, soda water and EXTRA lemon! it's about 85 calories

this peaks my interest.
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Water on the rocks. You can be your own designated driver! Sorry, I'm not a drinking gal anymore. Happy b-day to you and enjoy and rum and diet coke...low calories also.
  • cjv428
    cjv428 Posts: 124
    Options
    An ounce of Patron has 69 calories. ;) And certainly gets the job done.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Game, set, match:

http://getdrunknotfat.com/
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    whats the difference between soda water and club soda? i see so many use these for drinks but i never know which one to use or hoe much in a drink...
  • MonDeee
    MonDeee Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The bottled Skinny Girl Margarita is awesome! It's agave tequila and super tasty. As for the bar I get rum and diet coke, or gin & soda. Red wine is great too if you're out for dinner.

All genuine tequila is agave tequila. That's where it comes from - tequila is distilled, fermented agave juice. Saying "agave tequila" is like saying "cow beef." The difference between that stuff and any other margarita is going to be found in the sour mix, and I imagine the basic difference is zero-calorie sweetener instead of sugar.

I'm just posting to point that out as well as bookmark this thread for later; my 21st is coming up soon as well, haha.

Apologies, that should've said 100% agave tequila. Not all tequila is created equal and cheap tequila is not all agave.
  • acragle
    acragle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Try and get diet tonic water when you can for Vodka ... big diff in the carbs
  • lin7604
    Options
    whats the difference between soda water and club soda? i see so many use these for drinks but i never know which one to use or hoe much in a drink...

ok now what does tonic water taste like, the above member mentioned it... i have no idea which to try or what they taste like...
  • MonDeee
    MonDeee Posts: 37 Member
    Options

ok now what does tonic water taste like, the above member mentioned it... i have no idea which to try or what they taste like...

tonic water is a little bitter, lemony and sweet at the same time.
    Club soda/soda water just tastes like fizzy tap water.
  • lin7604
    Options
    thx.. humm maybe i should try tonic water and vodka? i normally like sugary drinks and have converted myself to vodka and lime but i find not everywhere carry's the lime mix, so then i'm left wondering what i should have?
  • michele093
    michele093 Posts: 8
    Options
    I drink citrus or raspberry vodka and water. I add about 4-5 slices of lemon with it so it tastes almost like lemonade! and for beer i drink bud 55 and miller 64 with lime to give it flavor! Water is best for a mixer because it doesn't give you that carbonated nasty feeling when drinking club soda or any of those things.
  • jenndsimes
    jenndsimes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My son is a physical trainer and nutrition counselor , I asked him because we have a party this weekend and I too don't want to mess up my hard work, he said Light Liquors are the lowest in calories, mix with cranberry juice ( light) or pink grapefruit juice with a pink grapefruit section as a garnish :) try to get the juices and grapefruit as light or no sugar added , he said the less sugar added the less guilt, more fun at party . Makes sense to me and the pink grapefruit with vodka is right up my taste bud alley! :):drinker:
  • Unihawk2
    Unihawk2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I pulled this off http://www.oprah.com/health/The-Best-Drinks-for-Dieters-Low-Calorie-Cocktails/3#ixzz2tRxQqFMO
    there are others.
    What You Want: A Gin and Tonic (120 to 166 Calories)

A better choice: Equal parts gin and soda water and a splash of tonic (100 to 140 calories)
    Tonic water—that bitter-tasting bubbly mixer whose key ingredient, quinine, was once used as an antimalarial medicine—has almost as many calories and sugar as soda. "Most people think they're making a better choice by ordering a gin and tonic over a rum and Coke or a vodka and Sprite," says Jarosh, "but it's not true." She recommends cutting the quinine beverage with soda water rather than ordering diet tonic (or diet anything) because research suggests zero-calorie artificial sweeteners can throw off the body's natural response to intense sweetness, which can lead to weight gain

Skinny margarita: Tall club soda + 1 shot tequila + side of lime wedges for squeezing = 100 calories

Skinny vodka cranberry: Tall club soda + 1 shot vodka + splash of cranberry = 115 calories

Skinny mojito: Tall club soda + 1 shot rum + mint + side of lime wedges for squeezing = 100 calories
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    not tonic. it has the same calories as soda pop.
  • kelly_e_montana
    Options
    My son is a physical trainer and nutrition counselor , I asked him because we have a party this weekend and I too don't want to mess up my hard work, he said Light Liquors are the lowest in calories, mix with cranberry juice ( light) or pink grapefruit juice with a pink grapefruit section as a garnish :) try to get the juices and grapefruit as light or no sugar added , he said the less sugar added the less guilt, more fun at party . Makes sense to me and the pink grapefruit with vodka is right up my taste bud alley! :):drinker:

I'm a bartender and it's my job to be able to recommend low calorie items. Cranberry juice is not low in calories and bars don't carry "light" fruit juices. Whiskey and vodka have basically the same calories. If you want a little fruit juice taste, have soda water with a *splash* of juice.

Vodka diet 7 is great if you can find a bar with diet 7 up. I also like Captain Morgan Diet Cokes (about 86 calories).
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'd also suggest bringing one of the little squeeze bottles of Crystal Light instead of the powder packets. A quick squeeze of the little bottle and a little swirl with the straw and you are set. :) (Or Walmart's brand of the squeezable stuff is cheaper.)
  • kelly_e_montana
    Options
    I'd also suggest bringing one of the little squeeze bottles of Crystal Light instead of the powder packets. A quick squeeze of the little bottle and a little swirl with the straw and you are set. :) (Or Walmart's brand of the squeezable stuff is cheaper.)

That's a great idea. I have lots of folks who order rum, vodka, tequila, etc. with water or soda and mix in their own single serve packets of Crystal Light or squeeze in Mio.
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    White Zinfandel
    Rum & Diet
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Oh that's awesome squeeze bottles of crystal light! I have a black tie event to attend with my hubby and never have any idea what to order because they have limited stuff besides beer and I don't drink beer. One side note I never know what to carry in my pretty little purse besides my lipstick, some perfume, tip money, and maybe my phone. Added to my list squeeze bottle of crystal light or mio :-D

Thanks ladies!