This tip by Jillian Michaels killed my plateau

Options

Replies

• annahiven
    annahiven Posts: 185
    Options
    I hate Sodium. Sodium should die a terrible death. Why does it have to be in EVERYTHING?! :sad:

I did these three things to get past my plateau:

1. Got an HRM for accurate calorie burn. Don't believe the machines. They lie. And lies of 40% overestimations are BAD.

2. Started to watch my sodium and began to drink more water. Although I confess I do mostly go over on sodium still, I don't go over it by thousands of grams anymore.

3. Went from 1200 calories net to 1400 calories net.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jgoff3003
    jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CampKelly
    CampKelly Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Great tip! Thanks for sharing :)
  • foxfireash
    foxfireash Posts: 24
    Options
    I was just experiencing a plateau for 2 weeks... I got so frustrated that I took a few days "off," where I wasn't counting calories. (I wasn't going crazy, I was still mindful of healthy choices.) I got on the scale this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see that I'm losing again! At least moving out of the fluctuating 1-2 lbs of the last grrrr-inducing 14 days.

So, thank you. This validates my experience, and makes me feel less confused/frustrated.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I found this last week after I googled "How to break through a plateau". I did it and now I'm losing weight again.
    1. Eat more: Ninety percent of the time plateaus are caused by your body’s survival mechanism of protecting against famine, which is triggered by calorie reduction. The best way to fix this quickly is to give your body a little more food so it feels secure. Varying your calorie intake is my best advice for keeping your body from plateauing: For the next three days vary your calorie intake between 1,800 and 2,400 calories. I know this may sound crazy, but trust me…I know what I’m doing. Then, after three days, drop back down to the calorie allowance that I have set for you through this program.

2. Reduce your sodium and DRINK LOTS OF WATER: Keep your sodium under 1,500 mg a day at most for as long as you can manage. You can achieve this in part by cutting all processed food out of your diet for two weeks.

I promise you that if you follow these tips to the letter, your plateau will be shattered by the end of week 2!

Another site warns of "calorie creep"... your portions and servings getting to be more and larger over time.... they were right.

Sounds good. Always liked the idea of calorie cycling. It also works because the extra calories coming from low sodium foods which will tend to be whole foods.
  • nszocinski
    nszocinski Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • amy_marlene
    amy_marlene Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • 79kimmy
    79kimmy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Minu135
    Minu135 Posts: 48
    Options
    bump :smile:
  • skaskankerbr
    Options
    @ OP
    Your methods are scientifically baseless, and are not correct. I recommend you to study human biology processes.
    I am working on a one page response to this , but it is 2am and i am tired. I'll have it ready for everyone tomorrow.

My references and expertise
    3rd year Biological Sciences Major at LSU
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I hate Sodium. Sodium should die a terrible death
    You would die a terrible death without it, so be careful what you wish for !
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Bump to read the one page reply as I still have so much to learn.
  • _Brandy_
    _Brandy_ Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Stephie_J
    Stephie_J Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    not to be rude (but this will make me sound rude anyway) I thought there were already heaps of threads on this topic (but that actually has scientific evidence to back it up...)
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    bump