Where do you draw the line with flirting?

Options

Replies

• Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    "A Boy makes his girl jealous of other women, a MAN makes other women jealous of his Girl!" :wink:

Sounds like you need to ditch the boy and find a man!

^^ THIS ^^
  • gypsybree
    gypsybree Posts: 218
    Options
    Why do people make these threads?

Then you have all these people chiming in go...Dump him...

He doesn't get a chance to speak or say what is the truth or lie in the OP's Statements....

*sigh*

If she's telling the truth, the folks are right. And if it were to turn out instead that she's just pyscho-jealous, then the folks are doing *him* a favor without knowing it. Win/win eh? :)

lol this is true! Win-win either way. But I mean that's the thing, maybe in someone else's context a bit of harmless flirting IS fine - that's why I want advice!

IF you tell him it bothers you and he ignores it then you def need to step away from the relationship to evaluate yourself and him.
    But if is ignoring your thoughts and feelings and not trying to reassure you and care for your emotions then why waste your time trying to figure out if you want to put up with him?
    HE's obviously not caring about you at all, making it a very unbalanced relationship.

Not to be a totally horrid and heartless person but I love the comment where someone said to tell him that other dude's penis' are better than his. Try that and maybe it will open his eyes to YOUR feelings. And if not then go find one better than his.
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    umm why are you with him?? sounds like a douche bag!

This is what my friend told me when in a kind of similar situation last month.
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I would break up with that guy in a heartbeat. He sounds like an absolutely terrible person to have as a significant other, you should tell him to his face that you, and every other girl, deserves so much better than anything he has to offer.
  • Bells5001
    Bells5001 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    "A Boy makes his girl jealous of other women, a MAN makes other women jealous of his Girl!" :wink:

• Bells5001
    Bells5001 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Agreed!
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options

He doesn't get a chance to speak or say what is the truth or lie in the OP's Statements....

*sigh*

If she's telling the truth, the folks are right. And if it were to turn out instead that she's just pyscho-jealous, then the folks are doing *him* a favor without knowing it. Win/win eh? :)

lol this is true! Win-win either way. But I mean that's the thing, maybe in someone else's context a bit of harmless flirting IS fine - that's why I want advice!
    What he's doing is NOT fine.. Its downright disgusting. Its not harmless flirting. He compared her to you. He obviously aint in it for the long run..
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I never understand why women say to men who treat them with disrespect "Just end things with me if you don't want to be with me"

END THINGS WITH HIM! He sounds like an A*shat.
  • trinoc
    trinoc Posts: 73
    Options
    So I'm not just being crazy, paranoid?

I thought that maybe he was just ignorant and doesn't realize that it's the wrong thing to do & doesn't mean to hurt me on purpose..

He's mean and he DOES mean to hurt you. Don't cut him the slack. He has treated you like crap and lost the privilege of your company. period
  • Package02
    Package02 Posts: 97
    Options
    Most the time I think people overreact when it comes to their significant others talking to someone else, but in your case it sounds justifiable that you're bothered by the situation. If I read correctly from what you wrote he even tells you that "she's more adorable than you". That just seems blatantly disrespectful.
  • hina_syed_3
    hina_syed_3 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Everyone gave you great advice there and I know you've been with him for a long time.
    But if he has no respect for you, then he's not worth it...
    you don't need a guy like that.
    A guy that is with someone, it's 100% not a half and half, Unless you're in an open relationship.
    And if he is doing that openly I'd definitely discuss it with him, and tell him how much it's hurting you, and your relationship. but if he doesn't care then you really don't need a guy like that with no respect for you or your feelings.

def can do better.
    good luck!
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yes! Dump him..... You are worth so much more and you deserve someone who will care enough to not do that to you even after you spoke with him about it. 5 months isn't a very long time, so my advice would be to cut HIS losses.
  • FTClown
    FTClown Posts: 181
    Options
    I read this and thought to myself instantly, coming from a man I'll tell you this, I've been in a couple long term relationships, the girl i'm with now is almost 4 years and I've known her for almost 20 years. Flirting is not only not bad but its helpful, but flirting ends at verbal compliments in a face to face environment when not alone with the person you complimenting with. As in,.i'm hanging with a group of friends and a hottie is there. I'll mention she looks good, and maybe even make an off hand sexual joke (nothing directly saying we should ****). But that's it, doing it on Facebook or when alone with the person, much worst everyday is much more than flirting. I flirt (compliment what my eyes like) my girl flirts (complimenting who she thinks is hot, once in front of me but she didn't notice lol) but that's where it stops, otherwise its the smallest level if cheating but still cheating.
  • yungnold
    yungnold Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I guess this is basically an advice thread.

I've been with my boyfriend for 5 months and it's my first relationship. At the beginning, he would always flirt with this girl from work on Facebook, speaking to her every night before bed, telling her how cute, adorable and even attractive she was. He'd even tell me how adorable she was, 'more adorable than you' etc.

I obviously told him it hurt my feelings, but if he really liked this girl to just end things with me because it wasn't fair but he swore he didn't have feelings for her and promised to stop speaking to her & doesn't even talk about her (particularly because he thinks I don't like her - which isn't true, I don't know her!)

Anyway last night I saw him facebooking her again. I don't even know what was said but it hurts to know that he's that selfish that he doesn't CARE if he hurts my feelings to begin with.

On top of that, there's another girl who he tells me used to be interested in him that he always messages to come out on the weekend. I caught him telling this girls friend that he 'likes' her and when his friend told him to shut up because he was taken he said 'oh uh not in that way!' to cover himself up.

I don't know if I'm over reacting or if it's okay or not that he's acting this way towards other girls, particularly when he's hardly ever affectionate to me because he's 'been hurt before'. So HONESTLY MFP peeps, am I overreacting and being a paranoid, jealous, crazy girl - or should I be hurt? How would you handle this?

I promise I won't get upset if you call me crazy, we're girls - we're supposed to be, right? Lol!

Not to be an *kitten* but are you serious? this can't be real. Soooo him telling you another girl is more adorable than you, asking another woman out on the weekends, talking to another girl before bed every night instead of you and when you guys are hanging out he's on facebook with her! oh yeah let's not forget he's taken but not in that way. Come onnnnnn did you really need advice on this? You got some major disrespect going on over there
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options

THIS!!!!
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    That's not flirting, that's cheating. And you probably already know that since you're asking the question. It's your relationship so if that works for you and what you think you deserve, random advice isn't really going to help. :ohwell:

But to answer the unasked question, yes it's weird that you're accepting that type of behavior and basically waiting around while he's searching for something different.
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options

*sigh*

Actually, on this note I feel I should mention that I'm in the wrong for checking his fb chat to begin with. I feel bad knowing he deserves his own privacy! But after I read it the first time, it became easier and easier because I felt more justified to do so. (felt being the key word)
  • TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    Uhh yeah, he's not affectionate to u because he's giving his affection to other woman! Dump his *kitten*, he's obviously unfaithful to u. Imagine what he's like when ur not around, and he's with the girl alone.... ummmm yeah, That's sad ur so blinded, like they say, Love is blind. U gotta look at it for what it really is. I wouldn't ever put up with that, whatsoever! My hubby doesn't even check out other women, let alone talk to them! I feel so sorry for u ): Ditch him, I doubt he'll change. He's got himself in a pretty deep hole, even if he wants to get out, he will probably struggle the rest of his life with lust, and bad!

Like someone said earlier.... Idk how u didn't dump him right on the spot when he's telling u what he thinks about other woman! He's not even telling u everything, for him to even saying what he is saying.. he's got issues, I woulda smashed his head right in Lol! Not Kidding, what a Douche
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    You know what happened when some chick through his work hit on my husband via email?

He came home screaming "WHAT DO I DO? WHAT DO I DO?!!!!!"

And the only time he tells me some girl is "so adorable" is when he's talking about our neice.

Find someone who is honest and wants to be with YOU
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    You know what happened when some chick through his work hit on my husband via email?

He came home screaming "WHAT DO I DO? WHAT DO I DO?!!!!!"

And the only time he tells me some girl is "so adorable" is when he's talking about our neice.

Find someone who is honest and wants to be with YOU
    Your husband is adorable!! He sounds so innocent. People like the OP's boyfriend give the good guys a bad name!