Just curious...

Options
So I'm not a highly religious person, but I do believe that each person chooses their own destiny and that each person chooses their own path in life based on the decisions that they make. What do all of you think? Does God choose our paths in life for us or does he just assist us down the path that we choose for ourselves?

Replies

• ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Run away from this thread as fast as you can!! LOL These kind of threads don't last long and they bring out the ugly in folks.

As much as I'd like to comment ...... I won't. Good luck though!
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options
    Its amazing to me people can even think god guides them or even listens.

If god is all powerful and everything that goes wrong is gods will. Why are religious people so self obsessed that they think god will change his plan for you ?

Also why does he hate anyone born in a 3rd world country.

We need to get over the idea before we can sort the world out
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    lol!!!!! ^^^ That! unless you can take it, don't ask for answers!!!! :D
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    IMO, I make my own choices. No assistance. Its all me :)
  • fraser112
    Options
    George Carlin

Picture your grandmother in hell,
    Baking pies without an oven :laugh:
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    If I were an alien superior race and I wanted to strip-mine a planet for precious metals, I would fabricate a religion and pose myself as a god to recruit the indigenous population into a subservient work force, while giving them the illusion of 'free will'. Just sayin... that's what I would do.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options

If god is all powerful and everything that goes wrong is gods will. Why are religious people so self obsessed that they think god will change his plan for you ?

^^that is funny! if WE were to figure it all out we be in more of a mess than we already are!!!! BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Man is a mess without God. and even with God, man is a mess!!!! Besides, if you don't believe, then why in the world are you blaming HIM if you don't believe HE is??!?!?!?!?
  • Jersey_Devil
    Options
    George Carlin

Picture your grandmother in hell,
    Baking pies without an oven :laugh:

carlin was my favorite!
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Run away from this thread as fast as you can!! LOL These kind of threads don't last long and they bring out the ugly in folks.

As much as I'd like to comment ...... I won't. Good luck though!
    ^^ Nostradamus
  • migoi357
    migoi357 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You have to believe in free will...you have no choice in that.
  • SmallTownSweetie03
    Options
    This is not about religion in my view and I never said "God guides us". I'm always just curious about what different people think about different things. I don't have my feelings hurt by differing opinions and I'm not trying to fight with anyone or force my view on anyone else! No one needs to be ugly or rude about this, it's not a question of religion to me, just one of opinion!
  • SmallTownSweetie03
    Options

lol Not sure if you meant that to be funny, but it did make me giggle a little!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I make the choice to eat junk....or to be thin! I only wish I would have lost the weight when I was younger!!
  • fraser112
    Options

^^that is funny! if WE were to figure it all out we be in more of a mess than we already are!!!! BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Man is a mess without God. and even with God, man is a mess!!!! Besides, if you don't believe, then why in the world are you blaming HIM if you don't believe HE is??!?!?!?!?

Im just talking as if he did exist.
    Religion was nice it kept us going but really we have passed god.
    Im all for people having coping mechanisms for the fact we have no purpose in this world.
    but its starting to get in the way of things, At some point we need to grow up as a species and get over religion.
    No punishment, No right no wrong

Pedophiles are not monster but evolved because mating sooner means more kids with your genes
    Serial killers exist because it was a good thing to have to pass on your dna.
    homosexuality is just slight bugger up in the brain, most animals have homosexual tendancies.
    No evil, No devil just evolution

When we can get past this and accept it we can move on
  • hoppinfroggin22
    hoppinfroggin22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    If I were an alien superior race and I wanted to strip-mine a planet for precious metals, I would fabricate a religion and pose myself as a god to recruit the indigenous population into a subservient work force, while giving them the illusion of 'free will'. Just sayin... that's what I would do.

^^^^Love it
  • TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    We chose! We are not robots! God gave us free choice! Just like this, I chose to reply to ur question just now (: he never told me too lol
  • SmallTownSweetie03
    Options
    I make the choice to eat junk....or to be thin! I only wish I would have lost the weight when I was younger!!

:flowerforyou: Thank you! This is all I'm looking for, I'm not looking for a big long battle of religion or opinions! I think like you ^^ do, I make my own choices and choose my own path in life...as much as I hate it, I made the decision to be overweight for all those years and I made the choice a few weeks ago to not be overweight anymore!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Options

lol Not sure if you meant that to be funny, but it did make me giggle a little!

sounds like a fortune cookie to me.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Options

i do believe that was the plot to a rod serling twight zone episode. lol
  • SmallTownSweetie03
    Options
    I just asked because this topic relates to something that has recently happened in my life and a huge difference of opinion between myself and someone I care about, so I was just looking for the opinions of unbias third parties, not a religious discussion!