Just curious...

Options

Replies

• firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    So I'm not a highly religious person, but I do believe that each person chooses their own destiny and that each person chooses their own path in life based on the decisions that they make. What do all of you think? Does God choose our paths in life for us or does he just assist us down the path that we choose for ourselves?

I think it's far more complicated than anyone can comprehend. I believe in free will. I believe God gave us free will. Essentially that ultimately we have the choice of the path we go down and decisions we make. That said, if we start going down a bad path, we might be dissuaded, or pursuaded to go down a better one. The choice is ours, we have free will, but there are better and worse choices, and we'll be reminded of that.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Its amazing to me people can even think god guides them or even listens.

If god is all powerful and everything that goes wrong is gods will. Why are religious people so self obsessed that they think god will change his plan for you ?

Also why does he hate anyone born in a 3rd world country.

We need to get over the idea before we can sort the world out

^^that is funny! if WE were to figure it all out we be in more of a mess than we already are!!!! BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Man is a mess without God. and even with God, man is a mess!!!! Besides, if you don't believe, then why in the world are you blaming HIM if you don't believe HE is??!?!?!?!?

Im just talking as if he did exist.
    Religion was nice it kept us going but really we have passed god.
    Im all for people having coping mechanisms for the fact we have no purpose in this world.
    but its starting to get in the way of things, At some point we need to grow up as a species and get over religion.
    No punishment, No right no wrong

Pedophiles are not monster but evolved because mating sooner means more kids with your genes
    Serial killers exist because it was a good thing to have to pass on your dna.
    homosexuality is just slight bugger up in the brain, most animals have homosexual tendancies.
    No evil, No devil just evolution

When we can get past this and accept it we can move on

Look at that, 21yrs old and he's got it all figured out.

Or not.

I'm a pretty bright guy by the way...and I don't even know wth the part in bold is supposed to mean.

Thank God it's not just me. I'm sure he'll clarify, because you're not the only one that can't make heads or tails of it. LOL
    I think he's referring to the law of the jungle and existentialism, but his execution come off as a little creepy.

im just trying to point out all these things we call evil can be cured, but only if we get over religion.
    Most of these problems happen before you are born, Natural things.
    Religion blocks dna testing and such, those people are directly responsible for these things still happening.

I wish I was still 21. The ability to be so sure of yourself, based on nothing but anecdotal evidence, and a couple of google searches.

Oh, wait...that's MFP in general. Being 21 just makes him better at it than most I suppose.
  • SmallTownSweetie03
    Options
    Personally, I don't think any higher power guides us personally.
    I believe there is balance in the universe and our actions change others, and other's actions change us. I believe a combination of our own choices, our brain chemistry, and the influence of others is what 'guides' us through life.

Ahhhh...thank you...I don't think I have ever looked at it this way! You have given me another side to my own opinion to consider! :flowerforyou:
  • SmallTownSweetie03
    Options
    So I'm not a highly religious person, but I do believe that each person chooses their own destiny and that each person chooses their own path in life based on the decisions that they make. What do all of you think? Does God choose our paths in life for us or does he just assist us down the path that we choose for ourselves?

I think it's far more complicated than anyone can comprehend. I believe in free will. I believe God gave us free will. Essentially that ultimately we have the choice of the path we go down and decisions we make. That said, if we start going down a bad path, we might be dissuaded, or pursuaded to go down a better one. The choice is ours, we have free will, but there are better and worse choices, and we'll be reminded of that.

Thank you :happy:
  • HeHealsMe
    HeHealsMe Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Just curious also: WHY would you bring this TOPIC up AGAIN???
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options

Maybe she posted this because it's interesting to hear opinions different than your own, and because from hearing another person's opinion it's possible to learn and grow as a person in the process.
    I get what you're saying though. There are a lot of people on here who are incapable of a civil debate or discussion.
  • katenmills
    katenmills Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in God, so neither option. I personally would feel... pointless... if I went through life believing that everything I do has already been predetermined by a 'supreme being'.
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options
    Its amazing to me people can even think god guides them or even listens.

If god is all powerful and everything that goes wrong is gods will. Why are religious people so self obsessed that they think god will change his plan for you ?

Also why does he hate anyone born in a 3rd world country.

We need to get over the idea before we can sort the world out

^^that is funny! if WE were to figure it all out we be in more of a mess than we already are!!!! BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Man is a mess without God. and even with God, man is a mess!!!! Besides, if you don't believe, then why in the world are you blaming HIM if you don't believe HE is??!?!?!?!?

Im just talking as if he did exist.
    Religion was nice it kept us going but really we have passed god.
    Im all for people having coping mechanisms for the fact we have no purpose in this world.
    but its starting to get in the way of things, At some point we need to grow up as a species and get over religion.
    No punishment, No right no wrong

Pedophiles are not monster but evolved because mating sooner means more kids with your genes
    Serial killers exist because it was a good thing to have to pass on your dna.
    homosexuality is just slight bugger up in the brain, most animals have homosexual tendancies.
    No evil, No devil just evolution

When we can get past this and accept it we can move on

Look at that, 21yrs old and he's got it all figured out.

Or not.

I'm a pretty bright guy by the way...and I don't even know wth the part in bold is supposed to mean.

Thank God it's not just me. I'm sure he'll clarify, because you're not the only one that can't make heads or tails of it. LOL
    I think he's referring to the law of the jungle and existentialism, but his execution come off as a little creepy.

im just trying to point out all these things we call evil can be cured, but only if we get over religion.
    Most of these problems happen before you are born, Natural things.
    Religion blocks dna testing and such, those people are directly responsible for these things still happening.

I wish I was still 21. The ability to be so sure of yourself, based on nothing but anecdotal evidence, and a couple of google searches.

Oh, wait...that's MFP in general. Being 21 just makes him better at it than most I suppose.

im sure of the points i understand based on the information i have.
    Homosexuality is pretty well accepted as happening before birth,
    Pedophilia is just a sexual desire for children not same gender partners.
    people prefer to write these people off as defective when in reality they are just a little branch of humans of the tree of evolution.
    If people accepted that we could cure pedophilia in 10 years, As a country we could stop any child being harmed in that way every again.

Religion stops this because its playing god.

Making a condescending remark after each of my points seems a waste of your time.
  • SmallTownSweetie03
    Options

I mean no disrespect to anyone...to me personally it is not a question of religion. And I said earlier that recent happenings in my personal life and a huge difference in opinion with someone I care a lot about made me question my own opinion and I was just looking for some new views on this, which I have received some posts that have shown me a few new views that I had never thought of before and I am grateful for those, but I have also commented on those that have gone astray from my original topic. I am not hurt by an opinion different from my own, I have a great deal of respect for those who have offered me their opinions and haven't seen this as a question of religion. :happy:
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    If I were an alien superior race and I wanted to strip-mine a planet for precious metals, I would fabricate a religion and pose myself as a god to recruit the indigenous population into a subservient work force, while giving them the illusion of 'free will'. Just sayin... that's what I would do.

you are officially my golden calf *bows*.....yeah....they soooo did that....then mated with human women....and now....this....lol
  • SmallTownSweetie03
    Options

Maybe she posted this because it's interesting to hear opinions different than your own, and because from hearing another person's opinion it's possible to learn and grow as a person in the process.
    I get what you're saying though. There are a lot of people on here who are incapable of a civil debate or discussion.

Yes, I do find it interesting to hear opinions that differ from my own and I have no disrespectful comments to make to those who's opinions differ from my own, I have as much respect for other peoples opinions as I do for my own.
  • Umeboshi
    Options
    If I were an alien superior race and I wanted to strip-mine a planet for precious metals, I would fabricate a religion and pose myself as a god to recruit the indigenous population into a subservient work force, while giving them the illusion of 'free will'. Just sayin... that's what I would do.

you are officially my golden calf *bows*.....yeah....they soooo did that....then mated with human women....and now....this....lol

Thank you for quoting this because I totally missed it scrolling through this thread the first time. :laugh:
    Makes me want to watch some more Ancient Aliens.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

Start lifting heavy at the gym now in case the aliens decide to come back for the rest of their gold... which we've conveniently mined and stockpiled for them. Squats and deadlifts. Remember to lift with your legs, not your back. Form is important.
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    God gives me the strength, knowledge and faith so that I can make the right decisions when choosing my path in life.
  • SmallTownSweetie03
    Options
    God gives me the strength, knowledge and faith so that I can make the right decisions when choosing my path in life.

Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • whitehandlady
    Options

Thank you for quoting this because I totally missed it scrolling through this thread the first time. :laugh:
    Makes me want to watch some more Ancient Aliens.

cool....i'll get the kettle corn and my strawberry shortcake sleeping bag....yoga pants......and DOUGHNUTS !!!!!! *hi-fives umeboshi giggling with excitement*
  • whitehandlady
    Options

Start lifting heavy at the gym now in case the aliens decide to come back for the rest of their gold... which we've conveniently mined and stockpiled for them. Squats and deadlifts. Remember to lift with your legs, not your back. Form is important.

yes, master.....and i'm totally with you with the gold suspicions......wait:huh: ....you tryin' to turn me in to a more effective miner of precious metals there chief.....:laugh:
  • jg627
    Options

yes, master.....and i'm totally with you with the gold suspicions......wait:huh: ....you tryin' to turn me in to a more effective miner of precious metals there chief.....:laugh:
    Giorgio Tsoukalos seal of approval.
  • Umeboshi
    Options

9191380.jpg
  • jg627
    Options

9191380.jpg
    :laugh: