48 and 500lbs

Options
13»

Replies

• reviewboy
    reviewboy Posts: 13
    Options
    Wow, what a great set of replies to wake up to! I thank you all for your encouragement and offers of friendship, and for the advice (I've changed the privacy setting on my food diary).

Really. Thank you. My chief goal this week is to keep logging every day and establish that habit, so I'll see you here!
  • EternalJourney
    Options
    Hi Jim! Welcome & Good luck! :)
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options

Anyway. With 300+ pounds to lose, I know it's important to pace myself for the long run, and be patient and consistent. I also know that it doesn't take a lot of loss up front to really feel the benefits of the effort.

That is exactly right, Jim! Slow and steady wins the race. Keep with it and you will see results. Just remember it is normal for everyone to have bad days. Don't let one bad day, week, or even month, ruin it for you. You can do this. Good luck to you!
  • pigote
    pigote Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Wishing you success and good health!
  • rdfhunter
    rdfhunter Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Good luck Jim. Being so open is the first step
  • Sunpoet
    Sunpoet Posts: 67
    Options
    I've yo-yo dieted for the last 25 years, losing and regaining hundreds of pounds. Like you, this time is THE time. I finally realized that dieting wasn't going to do it, changing how I viewed food would. I love food but realized that I need it to fuel my body, not my emotions.

Well come to the journey, we are all here to help. One step, one pound at a time.
  • PinkOrangeYellow
    Options
    All the very best ...:flowerforyou: