i cant stop eating the cookies i baked!

Options

Replies

• frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I was in your shoes, I baked some PB and J cookies that tasted pretty horrible but I couldn't stop eating them. I couldn't bear to throw them out after I had worked so hard on them! They were supposed to be "healthy" (lower calorie, made with beans instead of flour) and after I ate them ALL, I was so sick to my stomach! The beans really cleaned out my digestive system.

The moral of the story? For me, I have learned not to bake, even "healthier" junk food, because I don't have the willpower right now.
  • happypath101
    happypath101 Posts: 534
    Options
    If I have them in the house, I'll eat them. And they taste SO good frozen. ARGH! This is why I only bake cookies once a year - at Christmas time for "Santa". Here's my advice: Enjoy them and go for a run. While you're in the kitchen cooking, cook up some super healthy food (maybe a big pot of soup) and eat really really well for the next few days. :O)
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    this probably isnt very helpful, but i usually end up eating everything i have baked the same day if it turns out to be good (since i suck at baking that's not too often). Like today, I ate all the carrot cake i made. the good thing is, i knew this would happen, so i made a small amount. still made me go 505cals over my goal :D
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    My dad gave me a box of cookies that he didn't open (he was traveling). I ate one and then took the rest to work to share. I got to have my treat without being stuck with them. It was their problem after that!!!!
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    ... stop baking cookies... :huh:
  • brainbird2
    brainbird2 Posts: 9
    Options
    Why oh why did you bake cookies if you dont want to be eating them??!!!!!
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    just think about how long it will take you to work one of those cookies off exercising! You'll know what to do with them! :)
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    How about throwing them out and then stop making cookies...

ding!ding!

winnah!
  • BeautEvilKells
    BeautEvilKells Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Well I don't think I'll ever bake alone again...yesterday I racked up a nice bit of calories doing exactly that - baking and eating. Dang, those oatmeal chocolate chips were so yummy. =X
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Use them to have a food fight with your brother out in the back yard. LOL (I say to do it in the back yard because then you will be less tempted to pick them up off the ground and eat them. Hahaha!)
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    How about you just stop eating them?
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    bring them to work (or church, book club, whatever) and let everyone else eat them!
  • lbergdvm
    lbergdvm Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love to bake and I have the same problem that then I can't stop eating what I make. I have started cooking late in the evening, having a few treats, then sending the rest the next day to work with my husband for his staff. I don't want to give up baking, but on the other hand, I am on this website because of my poor lack of portion control and will power! My best advice - get RID of them!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can freeze lace cookies. It's caramelized butter, sugar and a little flour, right? Aren't they like less than a teaspoon for each portion? Add the recipe to MFP and see if eating ALL of those cookies is worth it to you and make an educated decision. It's your life, make a choice. If not, THROW THEM IN THE TRASH INSTEAD OF THROWING THEM DOWN YOUR THROAT.
  • Rho_Ro
    Rho_Ro Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    We do heaps of baking and all of it goes in the freezer in the garage. We have a small freezer in our fridge and put a selection of goodies in that. I allow myself one piece a day whereas my hubby and son go a bit wild on them. It's just enough to satisfy my sweet tooth and keep me on track. If I don't have my daily cake or cookie I start craving sweet food. It works for me - GOOD LUCK
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I made a batch of cookie dough the other night because I was craving it. I split it into 5 separate cups and put 4 in the freezer. I ate 1 a day (about a thousand calories) and did not regret one minute of it .. I just ran a little longer and worked out a little harder. Just enjoy your cookies!

But yeah, to the OP, try freezing some to have later.

I'm going with this ^^^ guy.

If you like cookies, and like to bake, this is gonna happen to you sometimes. Enjoy it. Then move on. Life is all about moderation over the long haul -- 1 cookie extravaganza does not a disaster make. The less you beat yourself up, the better.
  • jgarf4me
    jgarf4me Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    plan on taking one and giving the rest to friends. they will love you for it
  • reallymyBEST
    reallymyBEST Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    When I have the urge to bake, I make dog biscuits. The combo of ingredients is not at all tempting. Even if the cookies are buried in the freezer, I still know they're there!
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I love baking and this was a frequent problem I had. Bottom line, I had to restrict my baking to once every two weeks (it was like 5 times a week). You can pass them off to neighbors and friends, but I kind of felt guilty about that too. Out of sight out of mind works best for me, but I like the dog biscuit idea.
  • cinasana
    cinasana Posts: 40
    Options
    Throw them out!!!!