Replies

• Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I had curves at 115 pounds.
    I had curves at 150 pounds.

i currently have curves.
    Genetics, baby.

Yea, I usually don't find "curvy" jeans in less than a size 9. My last great pair is now way too big and looks funny, so I donated 'em.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    It has nothing to do with what others think, it has to do with "curvy" jeans (which, in a small size would fit quite nicely) not being made for anyone smaller than a 10, and me being unable to use the one word that actually describes my build.

I bought curvy jeans in a size 5 at JCPenney. I needed the extra room in the tush.

I have to buy curvy jeans too - Inc. from Macy's do a great line!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Popcorn-15-Scary-Movie.gif

Girl - where do you get all those popcorn gifs? You are like a popcorn pic hoarder!!
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Mmmm. I want popcorn.

Thin women can be curvy. Overweight women can be curvy. Women can be NOT curvy and that doesn't mean they are unattractive.

The End.

/endthread

win :heart:

*taking bow* ... however, it just occurred to me that it was really unnecessary to write "end" what with the backslash and all ... I'm a terrible coder, really.

Lady Homebrewer - 3yrs
    MFP Smarty-pants and sometimes food logger
    Also, boobs.

You know how I know you're right? YOUR AWESOME QUALIFICATIONS
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    It has nothing to do with what others think, it has to do with "curvy" jeans (which, in a small size would fit quite nicely) not being made for anyone smaller than a 10, and me being unable to use the one word that actually describes my build.

Curves are not based on your weight but rather your shape and measurements. If you have a butt and breasts, you have curves. If your measurements are something like this: 34-26-35, that is curves. A clear definition between top, middle, bottom is curvy. I have been told the same thing, I can't be curvy. But those measurements are mine. And I let those that try to doubt it know it.

As for curvy jeans in a smaller size...The Gap sells them, JCPenny does, and although not curvy fit always, AE jeans are wonderful!
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Curvy is awesome!

Oops. 'scuse me. My wife wants a word with me.

:bigsmile:
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options

I know my reactions are at times immature, but I giggled out loud at this.
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    The More weight I lose the more curves I get.
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Like I've said before, it could be argued, through the dictionary, that many "fat" women are more curvy than "skinny" women. After all, those rolls are curves.

But really, do you really need to care about a word that isn't being used the way you want it used?

Women, of all shapes, sizes, colors, ages...we are all beautiful, and should spend more time seeking to reaffirm that, instead of looking for ways to further divide.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Girl - where do you get all those popcorn gifs? You are like a popcorn pic hoarder!!

I just really love popcorn.... :smile:

OP: JCPenney carries Levi's curve ID jeans. They are great and come in sizes 0-16.
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    The More weight I lose the more curves I get.

haha, same! I feel like a big ol' tree trunk when I'm fat. My body's bone structure is very feminine, but I carry my fat in the "would be gaps" hahaha. Geometrically they are curves, like my Thanksgiving turkey that's delicious.
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    i agree with the curvy word being overused. but i will say that even tho i am quite overweight i have a small waist/big boobs/big *kitten*. and not just because im fat. i expect to have the same curvy build when im at goal weight. i was always like that even as a kid. whereas my sister doesnt have much of a waist and has a smaller butt even though shes at my starting weight right now. just depends on you. but i think that is bull**** that you can't find jeans to match your body. i guess thats a challenge at any weight. lol
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Well, the whole "real women have curves" thing was actually just a marketing slogan for Lane Bryant to sell their jeans. Nothing more. They actually thought about it more than once and canned it. Just $.
  • smartandtrim
    smartandtrim Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i agree with the curvy word being overused. but i will say that even tho i am quite overweight i have a small waist/big boobs/big *kitten*. and not just because im fat. i expect to have the same curvy build when im at goal weight. i was always like that even as a kid. whereas my sister doesnt have much of a waist and has a smaller butt even though shes at my starting weight right now. just depends on you. but i think that is bull**** that you can't find jeans to match your body. i guess thats a challenge at any weight. lol

I haven't owned a pair of jeans since before I hit puberty because I literally cannot find them to buy... I've shopped everywhere from thrift stores, TJMaxx and Marshalls to Nordstroms, Saks 5th Avenue and Macy's in New York and I have not found a pair that fit. I own one pair, currently, that fits my butt, but I have to wear long shirts with it because of the massive waistband gap. I have the same issue with dresses and tops- very few things are made to fit my body type. I had to have my prom dress my senior year of high school specially made.

For the record, my measurements are 36-19-34 and I wear a 30E bra. I own very few items of clothing outside of my uniforms simply because they are literally impossible to find.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    I haven't owned a pair of jeans since before I hit puberty because I literally cannot find them to buy... I've shopped everywhere from thrift stores, TJMaxx and Marshalls to Nordstroms, Saks 5th Avenue and Macy's in New York and I have not found a pair that fit. I own one pair, currently, that fits my butt, but I have to wear long shirts with it because of the massive waistband gap. I have the same issue with dresses and tops- very few things are made to fit my body type. I had to have my prom dress my senior year of high school specially made.

For the record, my measurements are 36-19-34 and I wear a 30E bra. I own very few items of clothing outside of my uniforms simply because they are literally impossible to find.

Buy a size that fits your hips and go take it to a tailor to have them taken in at the waist. It's not hard for a tailor to do this, and it's not expensive either.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    I don't follow the trend of curvy= over weight. you either have curves or you dont. doesnt have to mean your fat or thin. One of my good friends is like a size 0. and curvy. I dont know where she gets her cloths but they fit. So I know they make em. good luck. :wink:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

Buy a size that fits your hips and go take it to a tailor to have them taken in at the waist. It's not hard for a tailor to do this, and it's not expensive either.

19 and 34? You are worse than me. That's 15". I'll stop complaining about my 12" difference I guess.

I second finding as close as possible to a fit and taking them to a tailor or just wearing a belt.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options

ROFLMFAO!
  • smartandtrim
    smartandtrim Posts: 123 Member
    Options

My tailor refuses to do jeans waists... I have some khakis and of course, my uniforms, but I usually end up belting the 5 pairs of pants I own.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

My tailor refuses to do jeans waists... I have some khakis and of course, my uniforms, but I usually end up belting the 5 pairs of pants I own.

Find another tailor then, because this is not a majorly difficult thing for them to do. Mine does it all the time with my jeans. My measurements are 42-31-43.