Too muscley.. how to lose it!?

Options

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    If you're calf ratio was close to mine I might agree with you. Mine's not even pure muscle. I still need to cut some more body fat.
    Just took these. Pardon the old-man socks, but I'm guessing your "muscle" isn't quite up to standard with what I call muscle. Women who are afraid of "bulking up" here have yet to show me proof like this.

IMG_20120530_100807.jpg

This picture is confusing me. It looks like your calf muscle is coming out of the side of your leg. What am I missing?
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    This picture is confusing me. It looks like your calf muscle is coming out of the side of your leg. What am I missing?
    Depends on which way I flex it. It does show more on the inside if I try to pull my toes up while flexing it. Makes it look wider across than it is front to back. If I was actually standing up on tip toes it's all on the back.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Still could be leaner.

May2Calf.jpg
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Still could be leaner.

May2Calf.jpg

That right there folks is a leg.

OP - unless your leg looks like that, jog on. :happy:
  • triinityz
    triinityz Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    ^^ rawrz
  • iWaffle
    Options
    Still could be leaner.

May2Calf.jpg

That's some awesome leg development and definition. I think this is what women think will happen to them if they lift heavy weights. Seriously, I think this is what they actually believe.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Still could be leaner.

May2Calf.jpg

That's some awesome leg development and definition. I think this is what women think will happen to them if they lift heavy weights. Seriously, I think this is what they actually believe.

From running trails & I seem to burn all of the fat from my legs first (genetics?). Only 20% of my monthly workouts are in the gym working on legs. :smile:
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Still could be leaner.

May2Calf.jpg

From running trails & I seem to burn all of the fat from my legs first (genetics?). Only 20% of my monthly workouts are in the gym working on legs. :smile:

ROFL!! Yes, in reading some of the posts, this might be what SOME women mean when they say "bulky", but I don't!! Great definition!! I'm jealous! Be careful, though, now they (meaning those that would see this as bulky) will stop running trails so they don't get "bulky"!
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Still could be leaner.

May2Calf.jpg

Em, say what now?

'this is what women think will happen'? Generalise much?

(Edited to remove unnecessary comments - I'm in bad form)
  • iWaffle
    Options
    'this is what women think will happen'? Generalise much?

I misspoke, not all women. I meant the "I don't want to touch weights cause I'll blow up like Hulk Hogan" types. No seriously I saw one woman here specifically say she didn't want to look like Hulk Hogan. I didn't mean to generalize but I was just basing that comment on this discussion "Too muscley... how to lose it?"
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Do a bodyscan to see what bodyfat procentage you have. What you "think" is muscly is probably just fat.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Join a Cannibalism group...they can help you out of some of the excess
  • BDRunyan
    BDRunyan Posts: 3
    Options
    Play WoW 10 hours a day and eat a strict diet of doritos and cheese dip. I know it sounds grueling but its the only way!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Play WoW 10 hours a day and eat a strict diet of doritos and cheese dip. I know it sounds grueling but its the only way!

Dude, you forgot the non-diet Mountain Dew!
  • Sunpoet
    Sunpoet Posts: 67
    Options
    Still could be leaner.

May2Calf.jpg

Can I just say yum! I'm a total calves girl so this is fabulous!
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Still could be leaner.

May2Calf.jpg

That is some calves!! I would love for mine to look more like this!!:)
    Really, though, please stay healthy. If you want to quit lifting, go for it, but at least do some cardio and eat well!!
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    your profile says :

Have battled health issues for many years - am now healthier and happier than ever - believe strongly that the two things go hand in hand.

It may be that during the time you had health issues you developed a body image that did not include a lot of muscle and as you are now more active and fit it will take some time to readjust your self image. You need to carry muscle to do the activities you like. I would say the new muscle is just your body doing what it needs too to allow you to be active and healthy.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Not everyone has to like the look of muscle people.

Sorry i knew that this woudl cause a bunch of negative comments - i really just do not like the musley look - unfortunately it comes with loveing excersise. I do have a low body fat and a small frame, which is very athletic and so this is what happens to me.

I guess less weights work, and more gentle work will help me gain a few more curves, and look a little less 'sharp' - thats all i'm aiming for...

Thanks everyone for your comments though...
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    TOO muscular? Can you share a pic or two, I'd love to see because I don't get that from your profile pic. Are you sure it's not just that you're very lean and the muscle shows through?

I am very lean and the muscle shows through - this is exaactly it........
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    raise bodyfat to hide muscle

honestly, that just makes them look bigger.

I feel for you OP, I have the same problem. I've found that lowering my BF% has helped considerably. The fat on top made them look gross but the more fat I lose the better my muscles look. Kind of like chiseling away at the top layer to find nice curves and contours underneath. During my 20 pound loss, I've only lost about 1-2 pounds of muscle. Which I am OKAY with, TBH, I would be okay if I lost another pound of it or so as I approach my goal weight.

Try focusing on your body fat percentage, and not your "weight" and you will find yourself to be happier. I know how much it sucks to have a lot of muscle (I've always yearned for "dainty" arms but competitive swimming took that dream away from me) but it CAN be a good thing. It means you don't have to try as hard to build it (if you want), you can eat more food (your metabolism is higher) and being "over muscled" is better than being "skinny fat" any day.