0 lbs since February - what am I doing wrong?

Options
124»

Replies

• iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Ok, so i had to look up what a fitbit is because i was reallly confused. Also, can everyone explain these other acronyms too..ex: TDEE and HiiT.. HRM
    TDEE = Total Daily Energy Expenditure
    HIIT = High Intensity Interval Training (In my case jogging 5 min on flat surface, 5 min on an incline, alternate)
    HRM = Heart Rate Monitor

I have a question for everyone. Why does MFP add your exercise calories to your balance? Can anyone explain the whole process? Does it tell everyone to eat 1200 calories a day or is it based on your weight?
    They are using a formula based on the data you gave them. Your weight, age, sex, activity level, and goals to determine what you should eat daily. If you exercise they're saying to add that back in because they're already including a deficit in your calories for you to lose your goal weight per week. (1-2 lbs)

MFP says i burn 786 calories on the elliptical although the elliptical says something like 850.
    Total garbage. Figure 6-10 calories a min depending on the amount of sweat and your heart rate. A HRM with a chest strap would give you a pretty accurate reading but I just go with about 7 calories a min for cardio. Personally I don't log strength training calories. Just so long as your consistent you can do it either way you like. Some people set their lifestyle to highly active and that accounts for exercise some already I suppose.

Most important thing is to log everything so you know what to adjust if it's not working well or you're losing too quickly.
  • kiratowle
    kiratowle Posts: 2
    Options
    Ok, so i had to look up what a fitbit is because i was reallly confused. Also, can everyone explain these other acronyms too..ex: TDEE and HiiT.. HRM
    TDEE = Total Daily Energy Expenditure
    HIIT = High Intensity Interval Training (In my case jogging 5 min on flat surface, 5 min on an incline, alternate)
    HRM = Heart Rate Monitor

I have a question for everyone. Why does MFP add your exercise calories to your balance? Can anyone explain the whole process? Does it tell everyone to eat 1200 calories a day or is it based on your weight?
    They are using a formula based on the data you gave them. Your weight, age, sex, activity level, and goals to determine what you should eat daily. If you exercise they're saying to add that back in because they're already including a deficit in your calories for you to lose your goal weight per week. (1-2 lbs)

MFP says i burn 786 calories on the elliptical although the elliptical says something like 850.
    Total garbage. Figure 6-10 calories a min depending on the amount of sweat and your heart rate. A HRM with a chest strap would give you a pretty accurate reading but I just go with about 7 calories a min for cardio. Personally I don't log strength training calories. Just so long as your consistent you can do it either way you like. Some people set their lifestyle to highly active and that accounts for exercise some already I suppose.

Most important thing is to log everything so you know what to adjust if it's not working well or you're losing too quickly.

Thanks for all your input. So when i log my elliptical into MFP... if i needed to eat those calories... i would eat half the calories they add to my balance?
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    So when i log my elliptical into MFP... if i needed to eat those calories... i would eat half the calories they add to my balance?

You can change the default calories to be whatever you like. You don't have to accept what the MFP app says you spent in calories. That makes it easier so you don't have to try to calculate what half the calories were when added to your daily total allowance. I'm lazy and just add in 200 half the time.
  • bigpenguin570
    bigpenguin570 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    considering you height, your weight is not really bad. be proud of that fact!:flowerforyou: