i'm scared and need support from anyone willing to help

Options
riotsgram
riotsgram Posts: 24 Member
Several weeks ago one of my twin daughters best friends Mom passed away from complications due to her obesity. I'm afraid I am on the same path. I started the program two weeks ago and so far so good. I have been diligent about keeping track of my daily calories. My girls bought me a stationary bike for Mothers Day and I use it daily. That being said, I need all the moral support I can get so I don't become another statistic. I'm just sorry it took a life changing event to open my eyes. If anyone out there can just give me a quick 'way to go' or high 5 I would appreciate it more than you'll ever know. Thanks everyone!

Replies

• goodfido
    goodfido Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!! You can succeed if you put your mind to it.
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day! This is YOUR life, and YOU are in control! Do this for yourself and your family!
  • larene411
    larene411 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    High-five! We have to take our motivation wherever we can get it. So sorry for your loss but it's really awesome that you are making changes! Feel free to add me if you want! Keep it up!
  • fitnhealthymama2
    fitnhealthymama2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This is one of the reasons why I'm on here - afraid of being a statistic to a complication to obesity. I'm "pre-diabetic", so I'm leading down that path.

You're doing all the right things - tracking your foods & exercising. Keep it up !
  • maryb2374
    maryb2374 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's friend's mom. So sad to lose a mom so young. Good for you for taking this step to make yourself healthier. You can do this!
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Just keep tracking everything and you will have success. Good luck to you. Feel free to add me if you would like
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    You've already defied statistics by CHANGING your life! You realized something was amiss, and you decided to be proactive! That deserves a round of applause!

Also - don't focus too much on the numbers saying you're "obese"... those measurements are often totally skewed. For example, I'm considered "overweight" because of my boobs. You should visit a doctor and get a "baseline" series done to determine things like lipids, organ function, cardiac enzymes, etc. When THOSE numbers are healthy, you are healthy, even if modern pop-culture still says you're "fat".
  • amandab1669
    amandab1669 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a life changing event is what we need to kick us in gear. I am just glad you decided to make a change in your life. Stay positive and motivated and you can do anything. I am proud of you for realizing that a change was needed and that you chose to do something about it.
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    So sorry about your friend, but you have started your journey to get to the healthy weight you want to be. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • that1momma
    that1momma Posts: 2
    Options
    Everyday, I thik about what I want to accomplish. Maybe its water only, or run 3 miles, or be under my calories. Whatever it is I find one thing HEALTHY to do each day. I also am commited to 2 basic principals in my "plan:....three 60 minutes workouts per week and 1600 calories TRACKED daily. When I am not losing I go back to those 2 things and find my focus again.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a request! You are not alone. =)
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    it CAN be done!! you can do it!
  • raayfrancy
    raayfrancy Posts: 100
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like - and that goes out to everyone here on MFP! I'm logged in daily and am all about positivity (:

Best wishes with everything!

xo,
    raay
  • JilianneNicole
    JilianneNicole Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You can do it! :) feel free to add me!
  • dalildevil
    dalildevil Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You took yourself in hand before it was too late and that is the important thing. Just remember it's one day at a time. Don't put too much presure on yourself. Don't beat yourself up if you have a bad day. Remember, you didn't become heavy overnight, you put the weight on one pound at a time and that's how it needs to come off.

Good job for taking the first step. Just keep working at it and you'll be healthier in no time. :-)
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Making a change in a fight for your life is the biggest gift you can give yourself. It is never too late. You can totally do this. If you lose motivation, think of your goals even if you have to use images, think of how your girls would feel and the example you are setting for them. You will feel amazing. Give it just a little longer and you will begin to feel the effects.
  • robertspencer
    Options
    Way to go. Keep on keeping on. Feel free to add me on here. I am also in need of all the support i can get.
  • Dimples1975
    Dimples1975 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately we need events so tragic to open our eyes to our reality but fortunately for you its not too late! You have given the biggest step of all...which is STARTING! Keep working on your nutrition and your excersice and you will begin to see a transformation. YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Togetheer we'll reach our goal!! :wink:
  • mkvilmin
    mkvilmin Posts: 46
    Options
    No need to be scared, we are all here right behind you, holding you up, pushing you forward. You can do it, get healthy for yourself, your children and your future. I myself have just begun my journey and have found this website to be soooo helpful. It is very user friendly and I find it easy to track my food and water intake.

Kudos to you for taking the steps you have, keep it up!!! Blessings.
  • BlueDahlia77
    Options
    You've taken a big step and I'm very proud of you for doing so! My (unsolicited) advice is to just keep checking in every day, make as many friends as possible, and learn as much as possible about nutrition from a registered dietitian.

HANG IN THERE!