i'm scared and need support from anyone willing to help

Options

Replies

• pseel42
    pseel42 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    High-five to you!!!

I wish you all the success in the world!!

I'm looking to change my life for the better as well. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!!

Paula
  • jcomarsh
    jcomarsh Posts: 2
    Options
    Great job - just recognizing you need a change is a big step. Keep gum in your purse & if you feel like your getting hungry, when it's not time to eat a meal or snack, pop in a stick of gum. This should hold you over for an hour at least. Also, drink water if your feeling hungry too.
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry that it took a tragedy for you to realize that you needed to make a change but you have come to the right place.

Feel free to add me as a friend as well.
  • urbanitylifestyle
    Options
    Im sorry to hear about your friend but the good thing is you recognize the fact that you need to create a healthier lifestyle for yourself. Thats a big step, so congrats my friend.

My name is Deborah and Im a fitness coach. I would be more than happy to support you in this journey of transition.
    I host virtual fitness groups and would love to have you join one. You are able to work out from your home.

My question to you is, what are your goals that you want to accomplish . I see why its important to you but elaborate a little further on your personal situation. What kind of fitness have you done in the past and what obstacles have kept you from having an healthier lifestyle?

Looking forward to learning more and helping you succeed.
  • RickMeier
    RickMeier Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm sorry for the loss in your life...but!

The good news is that on this site you can see how your decisions affect your health. You do need to also get a general feel for your nutritional needs. I find that I need to monitor all of the things you see on the back of a vitamin bottle since I tend to flush them out pretty quickly.

You joined a community of friends. I've only been here three days but already I've made changes that make me wake up with more energy and a positive attitude...

My first advice...record every thing you put in your mouth and all of your exercise. FEEL REALLY BAD if you don't get off your duff and at least walk around the block. THEN...force yourself to go for a walk or do a bit of yoga. Then...forgive yourself and work on the plan for tomorrow..

Seems to work for me... :-)

Chin up...I'm there for you.
  • SusanFinck
    SusanFinck Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. We all need the support of others in our journey.
  • coachlorasmith
    Options
    Your WHY is powerful and will keep you on track!!! Best of luck to you....know you can do it!!!
  • MzVonda
    MzVonda Posts: 87
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a pal!!!! Take care and keep up all the good work!!! :0)
  • minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options
    sent you a request! Congrats on taking the first steps toward healthy.
  • MCMelRock
    MCMelRock Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am going through the same thing you are. I have lost 18lbs so far. You can do it. The journey will get a little tough at times, however, it will be worth it in the end.:flowerforyou:
  • harpgohard
    harpgohard Posts: 65
    Options
    seriously, your future is in your own hands. you have the strength to make yourself unstoppable. you do have it in you. use other's as an example but never compare yourself to anyone. you are going to be amazing (more than you already are hehe) i'm here if you need it, you can add me :3 good luck
  • josiecowboy69
    Options
    Several weeks ago one of my twin daughters best friends Mom passed away from complications due to her obesity. I'm afraid I am on the same path. I started the program two weeks ago and so far so good. I have been diligent about keeping track of my daily calories. My girls bought me a stationary bike for Mothers Day and I use it daily. That being said, I need all the moral support I can get so I don't become another statistic. I'm just sorry it took a life changing event to open my eyes. If anyone out there can just give me a quick 'way to go' or high 5 I would appreciate it more than you'll ever know. Thanks everyone!

You got it!!! I love MFP friends, they are very supportive. Feel free to.add me as a friend, so we can help each other.
  • Kinaya
    Kinaya Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend! You can do it! I know that you can.:wink:
  • cgirod
    cgirod Posts: 3
    Options
    Don't look at it as 40 pounds (or however many). Think about losing small amounts, like 8 pounds this month. Keeping it small keeps it realistic.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    As a statistician, I can assure you that you are neither a sample statistic, nor an estimate of a population parameter. I know this by virtue of the fact that you are a human being.

That said, congratulations on your new commitment to better health.
  • cgirod
    cgirod Posts: 3
    Options
    Yay, you!! Congratulations :-)
  • ScarlettIsSpiffing
    ScarlettIsSpiffing Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    welcome & count me in as a supporter for you, friend request sent ;)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about the loss of your daughter's mom. That is tragic!

You can add me if you'd like. I'll do my best to encourage you!

I too, decided that I had to do this for my health. My mom, dad, brother and 2 sisters were all diabetic and my sister recently had a stroke at the age of 53! I was pre-diabetic and already on blood pressure meds. Since losing 36 lbs, I am no longer pre-diabetic and I've been able to drop one bp med! I hope to get rid of the others soon but the Dr said it may be a type that's hereditary and no amount of dieting will change that. However, losing weight, watching my sodium and exercising has made me healthier, more energetic and HAPPIER!

You can do this girl! You have the will and you want it bad. We will be here cheering you on! <hugs>
  • psideon
    psideon Posts: 24
    Options
    Much respect to you for taking the first steps to a healthier life! I'm into my second week of shedding what I hope will be 40lbs. of access fat and keeping off the diabetes monorail that I was on.

Do remember to change up your workouts... go for a walk, take the stairs, park further away from your destination (bikes make my rear end hurt :P). Every little bit helps.

Keep it up!!
  • lattegirl88
    lattegirl88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, you will LOVE your exercise bike! You will really see a difference in two weeks or less if you are consistent. Music is always fun for me when exercising, or praying for people. I am happy to encourage you! I love working out, but have always felt calorie counting tedious. My sisters encouraged me to join and I am thrilled about MyFitnessPal. It isn't so bad. Another tip that has helped me: I always get a free calendar at the beginning of the year and each day I track my exercise so I know how I am doing. It has encouraged me to keep at it and I love seeing the progress I have made. You can do it!!! :happy: