How do you eat your veggies?

Options
13»

Replies

• Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    usually with a fork when i'm feeling civilized

pop those bad boys on the grill with some spices and garlic waaaapooosh!

Don't lie. I know you don't own a fork.

dammit caught!! i use my hands :/ very neanderthal
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Use Red Wine Vinegar & fresh black pepper instead of dressing!! NO sodium, NO fat, NO calories!!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I eat them raw with either hummus or ranch dip. Other than that I usually steam them.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    On the grill!

^^This!
  • iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of vegetables so I put them in a green smoothie and it is great. 1/3 green vegetables, 1/3 fruit and 1/3 water.
    Currently I am doing Kale, Spinach, Watermelon, Pineapple and a squeeze of lemon!

I do the same thing! Love them! My favorite is Kale, pineapple & mango! You eat or drink rather all your veggies & fruits for the day!
  • rawfull
    rawfull Posts: 178
    Options
    I like my green smoothies, kale, bananas, and usually frozen fruit, blended with as little water as possible.
    Smoothies have no added fats like when you eat salads. leafy greens is where its at for nutrition and weight loss.
  • debra102011
    debra102011 Posts: 16
    Options
    crock pot with chicken...or spinach on top of chili, soup etc.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I like them roasted in the oven with bit of spray oil and a drizzle of honey
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Grilled and steamed.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I love a veggie wrap, I use lettuce, tomato, avocado, bell peppers, onions, cucumbers, sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, I smear down some roasted red pepper hummus and some dijionaise and wrap it up. Voila, healthy and raw with little sodium!. It's like a salad wrap. You could also put beans in it too
  • becky3277
    becky3277 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    insert vegetables into mouth and chew.

anyway

EXACTLY!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I love salads. Balsamic vinegar and olive oil has 2mg of sodium.

If you make your own dressing, sodium doesn't have to be an issue - An overabundance of sodium in your diet indicates that you're eating a lot of storebought foods that have a lot of sodium as a flavor preservative.
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I always buy frozen veggies and just microwave and eat them like that :p
  • TheOriginalGinging
    Options
    Agree with roasting! Asparagus, carrots, brussel sprouts, peppers and such. A little olive oil, garlic powder, pepper. Yum! I like the idea of spraying the oil on. Brilliant! Also, kale chips and brussel sprouts chips. Also, roasted--wash, and divide them into bit size pieces, light oil lightly and roast till crispy--add herbs and spice!
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I buy them. Cut em up, and I eat them.

End.
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Roast...I seriously can't get enough. Everything is better roasted.
  • DeirdreMum8
    DeirdreMum8 Posts: 68
    Options
    I think fiber is a huge part of getting the pounds off. I eat raw broccoli slaw almost daily with red wine vinegar and a bit of olive oil. I sometimes add beans or a bit of salmon, vinegar is a fun way (and spices) to avoid sodium and make raw veggies fun.:smile:
  • bcw660816
    bcw660816 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I love to buy the frozen veggies in steamable bags ~ no mess. For fresh veggies I use the ziploc brand steamable bags. Mrs Dash has some great tasting spice mixtures. My favorite is the Southwest Chipotle with sliced zucchini or green beans. Yummmmm!! I also found a sugar free bottled dressing that is low in calories and sodium. Maple Grove Farms of Vermont Sugar Free Raspberry Vinaigrette has 5 calories and 160 mg of sodium for 2 tablespoons. This is great over steamed broccoli or veggie stir fry. Or zap a bag of broccoli slaw in the microwave for about 3 minutes and add the vinaigrette.