The one thing you stopped doing....

Options
What is the one (or a couple) thing you stopped doing, or started doing, and you noticed results almost immediately?
For instance, I stopped drinking soda and started eating breakfast :)

Replies

• shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Stopped drinking juice
    You think juice is good for you ... but it isn't!! lol
    Stopped snacking at night too
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating breakfast before I go to work. I'm not hungry then and I am trying to eat when I'm hungry not when the clock says I should be hungry. I take my breakfast and eat around 9:30. This pushes all my meals out a couple of hours. Now instead of eating dinner at 5:30, it is more like 7-7:30. There is less time to snack before bed.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Counting calories and stopped eating breakfast.
  • Ellby
    Ellby Posts: 6
    Options
    Stopped eating large portions.
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Started weighing my food. I was actually giving myself too little! 3 oz of fish is a lot more than you think, and perfectly filling! Even weighing my snacks like my veggie sticks - 1 oz is quite a lot!

And now that I'm actually eating more protein because I weigh it, I'm not as hungry, and my weight doesn't fluctuate as much as it did.
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Stopped drinking Sodas, Juices, Teas (everything but water) --- lost 30lb (before starting any exercise)

Started power walking 30+ mins a day --- lost 3in from calf, 7in from thigh, and built muscle!

Started Dancing --- lost 10in from hips, 11in from waist, and 9in from chest

Amazing what such simple things can do over time :flowerforyou:
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Stopped eating white processed foods (bread and rice primarily) and significanlty reduced my tv watching. Even if I'm just reading, at least I'm not being tempted by the food commercials!!!
  • jynnantonnyk
    jynnantonnyk Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Stopped cheese and white bread and sugary alcohol.

Started actually paying attention to what I was putting into my body and realising that it wasn't just gonna disappear - I had to get up off my backside and make it go away.
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Stopped eating white processed foods (bread and rice primarily)

this only double - I don't eat bread, pasta or rice at all.

Don't worry. I still get my carbs. Just not that way. :)
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Stopped fappin.

LOL yeah right.

When I stopped eating breakfast and started eating most of my calories in a compressed feed window I did notice it was WAY easy to stick to my diet. Made cutting a whole hell of a lot easier.
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Started lifting HEAVY.

That is all.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I stopped leaning on cardio and moved toward strength
    I stopped working out constantly and made my workouts fit into less time, but better managed time
    I stopped buying an unlimited monthly train card and start walking everywhere instead.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Went from 10 beers a night to 24 beers a month.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Mainly when I broke out of the American diet cookie cutting mold and I stopped eating the way fast food corporations want every one to eat. No more frozen foods in a box or rarely pizza(carbs n fat) in a box. I prepare and cook my own healthier meals and I appreciate chefs that cook real meals as real fresh food taste soooo much better. Also I have more energy among things but those 2 were pretty instant.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    When I stopped eating breakfast and started eating most of my calories in a compressed feed window I did notice it was WAY easy to stick to my diet.

I did this... it just sort of happened that way, though. I'm always hungriest after work no matter how much I've eaten throughout the day, so I just stopped eating much before I get home from work. I'm starving, get to enjoy a large meal, and am too full afterward to snack on crap I can't afford.
  • AddictionForBeauty
    Options
    I stopped drinking soda and juice a long time ago, it made a big difference. I recently started doing pilates for the upper thigh area and after two times it's already made improvements.
  • lbelle987
    lbelle987 Posts: 97
    Options
    I stopped drinking soda & I'm trying to stop snacking late at night.
  • lcagnetto
    lcagnetto Posts: 1
    Options
    Stopped eating tablespoons full of Jif Peanut butter to curb hunger cravings. Instead I take the 2 minutes and pop a snack size bag of popcorn.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I started eating less and exercising more.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Switched to diet soda. Lost 30lbs in like.. no time.