acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    No more pop
    No more juice (other than Trop 50)
    Limited sugar
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Making homemade bread and eating large slices of it (slathered with butter) with dinner regularly. Now it's a treat.
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I started eating less and exercising more.

This ;)
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    OP, I stopped drinking all pop and started eating breakfast too! It made a huge difference! In retrospect it amazes me how awful Mt. Dew made me feel. I'm so glad I broke that addiction. :smile:
  • KatiD83
    KatiD83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating until I was stuffed and completely overhauled what I eat. Portion control works wonders, especially with a food scale!
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    started eating 5-6 mini meals and stopped using creamer in my coffee
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    When I stopped eating breakfast and started eating most of my calories in a compressed feed window I did notice it was WAY easy to stick to my diet.

I did this... it just sort of happened that way, though. I'm always hungriest after work no matter how much I've eaten throughout the day, so I just stopped eating much before I get home from work. I'm starving, get to enjoy a large meal, and am too full afterward to snack on crap I can't afford.

So an IF kinda thing? What's your 'window'?
  • KatiD83
    KatiD83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options

LOL yeah right.

When I stopped eating breakfast and started eating most of my calories in a compressed feed window I did notice it was WAY easy to stick to my diet. Made cutting a whole hell of a lot easier.

Lol!! Doesn't that still burn calories?
  • WhiteCoc0
    WhiteCoc0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Stopped: Drinking juice
    Caving for all cravings i.e Sugary products: ice cream, cupcakes, chocolate etc.
    Making excuses to not excercise.
    Making excuses to not cook at home.
    Forgeting to make a lunch.

Cut down on: Cheese, coffee, alcohol

Started: Working out 2-5 times a week depending on my work schedule. ie. group classes, cycling, weights
    Walking every chance I get.
    Eating when I am hungry, not when my man is hungry.

Will be starting: Off the couch to 5K, boot camp.

Exciting for the future, since the last 90+ days have been pretty successful!
  • irishcanadianwoman
    Options
    I stopped eating man sized portions. I was eating the same serving sizes as my partner eats - and he is taller, stronger and a runner. I still eat the same foods, just normal portion sizes.
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Started wearing a pedometer and focused on getting to certain amounts of steps each day - made a huge difference!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I cut out starchy carbs and eat smaller portions.
  • bailyc
    bailyc Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Started honestly tracking calories, wearing a heart rate monitor, and making myself and my workouts my TOP priority... So far so good!
  • hebenn01
    hebenn01 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    hardly drink pop anymore, started eating breakfast! (never hungry right when i wake up..so i bring something to work and eat around 10am..and now i don't pig out at lunch! amazing how that works!!)
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    i am doing something that i was told to do when I was pregnant.....if i want my diet pepsi bad enough, drink one, and then drink a glass of water.....i have cut down on drinking it to probably 1-3 a day vs 8, 12, or 24 a day. i started to this week cook rather then having fast food (can't say the same for my hubby), i am trying to not eat after 9 at night, but that hasn't been too successful, i have stopped eating potato chips, rather eating cracker chips. I am also trying to make exercise a priority rather then an option, because i need something for me. I'm sure there are more that i am forgetting....been a long day!
  • EAlexandraB
    EAlexandraB Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating cereal. I cannot be trusted to eat a reasonable portion of it.

I also largely stopped ordering pizza and Thai food, not because they're "not allowed," but because I don't feel that the cost (both monetary and caloric) is justified.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Ate my food in smaller portions throughout the day. When I get home, I'm usually hungry but no so hungry that I make unfortunate food choices at suppertime.
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    I stopped drinking sodas 3 weeks ago. Drink more water now. I also started taking supplements regularly and noticed a big difference when I started taking the L-Carnitine. I can still wear size 16 even though I have gained weight. The fat metabolizer supplment helped.
  • jealous_loser
    jealous_loser Posts: 395
    Options
    I started drinking a ton of water throughout the day and cut out all the other liquids.

Smaller portions.

Work out 5x a week, at least one a muscle class.
  • JenMarie8781
    JenMarie8781 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I started drinking more water and less pop. Now if I drink it, it has to be diet! And I stopped eating cookies and milk for breakfast. And I stopped eating a whole pizza by myself. And I actually started getting my *kitten* off the couch and exercising. The list goes on. lol