Cupcakes at Work... What to do?

Options

Replies

• missattitude57
    Options
    if i want a cupcake... i eat one

i dont know WHEN the last one i HAD was though LOL (not so much a cake person LOL)

seriously though, i will never lose weight or stick to a 'diet' if i feel like I'm depriving myself. Have one cupcake (not 3)... and enjoy it.

^^^^^ This :)
  • Rayman233
    Rayman233 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Eat one .. it won't spoil your whole food plan. Your doing this for a lifetime(hopefully). Treat yourself
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Count it in your calorie count for the day and enjoy it. As long as it's not everyday
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    When your there looking at them it'll hurt like hell, so try ignore them.

When you're home after work and have eaten the cupcake you'll feel bad and guilty
    When you're home after work and resisted the cupcake you'll feel great and happy with yourself!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I have had a love affair with carbs in general for as long as I can remember. I think it would be VERY hard to turn it down every time I went to a function where they served something I love...so what I have been doing lately is allowing myself a small amount--that might mean 1/4 of that cupcake--then throwing the rest away.

Years ago I heard of people who would take A bite ( maybe 2 or 3) of a dessert, then shake liberal amounts of salt on it. That way, they could not change their mind and eat more of it before they walked away from the table.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Tacos.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this thread. I have the same problem but slightly different. I am janitor.

Seems everyone loves to give the Janitor food.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I tell myself, "that cupcake is worth 500 calories" (or whatever the size is) "that means, an hour of cardio, or I could eat a bunch of snap peas, celery, and carrots, or I could eat 'X' 'X' and 'X'"

My response would probably "Yes. Yes it's absolutely worth 500 calories," every single time. smh Although, if I don't have time for exercise, I probably wouldn't eat it. :( No exercise, no goodies.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I asked our admin who gets them to also get a veggie tray and some almonds to put out. The first time she did, the veggie tray was gone, the almond jar was half empty and 1/3 of the cupcakes were left.
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    If I feel the need to have one, I take all the icing off but many times I turn it down. I am a teacher so we have birthdays every month. Today the child had cookie cake and I did have a small piece of it, but it was within my calories and fat and I don't feel one bit bad about it.
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    you flip the cupcake off and you walk away.
  • TwtyMami35
    TwtyMami35 Posts: 99
    Options
    You can eat it, work out, and be sure to watch your remaining calories for the day. Drink lots of water so that you are too full to eat the cupcake. Or keep healthy snacks in your desk drawer/purse for days such as these.
  • ceaton80
    ceaton80 Posts: 37
    Options
    I always look at the junk at work and say "that'll take about an hour to run off, this one about two hours...etc..." If you start putting things into miles, you'll stop eating them REAL quick!!
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    There is no need to do anything about it. Just ignore it and walk past it as if you had seen a dry board eraser.
  • bossladyday
    bossladyday Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Make this :)
    100 CALORIE MOIST CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES

adapted from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World

makes 12

1 cup nonfat or low fat milk, dairy or nondairy
    1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
    1 cup all purpose flour –OR- whole wheat pastry flour
    1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    3/4 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
    1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners. Spritz them lightly with nonstick cooking spray.

In a small bowl, stir together milk and vinegar. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, applesauce, and vanilla. Pour in the now curdled milk and mix all ingredients well.

Stir in dry ingredients until just combined. The batter will be thin and wet, similar to a runny pancake batter. Divide it evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Bake for about 18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before removing to cool completely.

Once the cupcakes are cool, top them with my favorite light and fluffy whipped frosting, f

Nutrition for 1 cupcake (unfrosted):

Calories: 108.7, Fat: 0.6g, Cholesterol: 1mg, Sodium: 15.4mg, Carb: 29.7g, Fiber: 1.2g, Sugars: 20.5g, Protein 2.2g
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Hehe... know what I used to do? When you see the cupcake, think, "Fat Pill". Would you like a fat pill? Hey, someone just brought in a dozen fat pills!! Let's all take one!! hehe... goofy, I know, but when you think of them that way... kinda lowers the temptation power they have :)
    I like that! I might start using that :)
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I go to the bathroom, look myself in the mirror and ask myself, face-to-face if I'm going to regret eating it afterwords. It works every time, and I use my sweets calories on things like melon and a piece of dark chocolate!
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    pretend someone spit on them.
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I try to walk on by. I only stop if I am willing to work out extra hard at the gym to make up for it.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I'd eat half of one now and then..