Ladies...Shoot it to me strait!

Options
nas24
nas24 Posts: 880 Member
Waxing... Do you? Does it hurt? Any tips? I'm making plans to start using this method instead of others and need fare warning.

Replies

• Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Yes it hurts like hell.
  • ultim8one
    ultim8one Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Haven't you seen the 40 Year Old Virgin ???? Looks like it hurts like a MFer ....
  • SEEotU
    SEEotU Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I dunno. I went with laser hair removal.
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Actually, I've only had it done once, and I'm usually a baby about things but I didn't think it was that bad! I think it was because everyone had built it up to be so horrible, so when I actually got it done I was pleasantly surprised haha!
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    It hurts pretty bad the first time, but after that it gets easier as long as you don't shave in between.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Yes it hurts like hell.

This. But the results are totally worth it. take some advil first, and don't doing it around TOM because you're more sensitive then. Get the strips you just have to heat between your hands--they work awesome and are less messy. Good luck!
  • SGreen134
    SGreen134 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Depends what you are getting waxed. Eyebrows, not so much. Armpits, ouch. Further south...OUCH.
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Yes it hurts, some folks build up a pain tolerance and resistance to the pain. Not me...
    Not a simple task by any means...
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    i wanted to wax then i had a bad dream that i pulled my skin off so no waxing for me :ohwell:
  • Billywoo
    Billywoo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend orders the numbing cream each time. And it is also expensive...
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Iheard my sister scream at the end of the room when she was waxing. that was enough for me
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you're waxing. The more tender the skin, the worse it hurts.
  • BeachyBecky
    BeachyBecky Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Haven't you seen the 40 Year Old Virgin ???? Looks like it hurts like a MFer ....

AHHHH KELLY CLARKSON!!!!!!
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Most girls I know do laser hair removal. However, they say that hurts pretty bad too.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I only wax my eyebrows.

I've waxed other people, but have never had myself wax. I'm too scared lol.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Yes it hurts like hell.

This. But the results are totally worth it. take some advil first, and don't doing it around TOM because you're more sensitive then. Get the strips you just have to heat between your hands--they work awesome and are less messy. Good luck!

Seconded! But TOTALLY worth it IMHO. Also, some areas are more sensitive than others. On a pain scale, I would rate:

Brazillian: 9, 10 on the pelvic bone (OMG, not fun)
    Under Arm: 7
    Legs: 3 (because I did it after the brazillian, it was a cakewalk lol)
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    nair, works like a charm,i'm not kidding
  • nas24
    Options
    I'm just trying to figure out if dealing with the pain would be worth the end result. I figure i can start doing it now and get use to it, hopefully. I would be getting it professionally done, since there is no way in hell i could "pull the trigger" lol
  • nas24
    Options
    Yes it hurts like hell.

Seconded! But TOTALLY worth it IMHO. Also, some areas are more sensitive than others. On a pain scale, I would rate:

Brazillian: 9, 10 on the pelvic bone (OMG, not fun)
    Under Arm: 7
    Legs: 3 (because I did it after the brazillian, it was a cakewalk lol)

a 9 or 10?!??!??!?!? F-me!
  • livestar
    livestar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Skip the wax and go for laser hair removal. It's well worth every penny. Huge value when you factor in the pain and convenience of it.