Ladies...Shoot it to me strait!

Options

Replies

• lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Whatever you decide to use, DO NOT USE THIS STUFF:
    http://amzn.to/IAjA9u (ouch)

It's a link to the Veet for men reviews on Amazon, some of them are fairly eye-watering to say the least :)

(Consider yourself warned)

I am dying reading these. This just made my day.
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    WORTH IT.

Suck it up. The pain only lasts a few minutes and the results are fabulous! Plus, spending the time at the spa to get waxed always puts me in a better mood because I feel like I'm getting pampered. I always walk out of the salon feel confident and luxurious after a wax! :drinker:
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I wax my car sometimes, it doesn't really hurt, but if I do it vigorously enough I might feel a little sore afterwards.

:)

Hope the comic relief numbs the virtual pain I feel after reading all these posts. WHY am I reading it? Good question.
    I am very sure a lot of us women would feel no pain if you were waxing us like your car!! :bigsmile:
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I am with the its worth it crowd. I guess I have a high tolerance for pain, although having the underarms hurt for days, not just the moment. But I do not think having the legs or brow, even the bikini area is that bad.

What the pain is for me is letting my hair grow out on my legs for weeks so I will get a good wax, but if going on a trip, it is the best thing ever. I would love to do laser hair removal but they tell me since my hair is so light, I am not a candidate.
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    I wax my car sometimes, it doesn't really hurt, but if I do it vigorously enough I might feel a little sore afterwards.

Hope the comic relief numbs the virtual pain I feel after reading all these posts. WHY am I reading it? Good question.
    I am very sure a lot of us women would feel no pain if you were waxing us like your car!! :bigsmile:

LOL, that's not a bad idea, I should get a Professional Private Waxer license, couple it with a liquor license for the "anesthesia" part.... although I am not sure I want women hating on me for causing them pain (however temporary) :)
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I get a Brazilian and eye brows every 5 weeks. Well yeah it hurts but I don't think the pain is bad. Plus it takes a few minutes. And if you r just getting the bikini line done that's a piece of plss.

I love it, I just feel generally cleaner.
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    I am with the its worth it crowd.

^^^^^ THIS. My official stance on the subject as well. ;)
  • gwynb041109
    gwynb041109 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I like getting waxed but it hurts. but it's not a omg i'm going to die thing. If you have tattoos I think you can handle waxing, but I dont know if you have tattoos :)
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I think it always hurts to a certain extent given the natural body adrenaline with the first pull lol...When it comes to like eyebrows though...I rather thread than wax its better for you all the way around.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I enjoy until it gets to the part they actually rip it off
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    No im just trying to figure out how i say to my mother "hey, can you watch my baby for me so i ca get my va-jay jay waxed?" lol Great conversation.
  • wattleneurotic
    Options
    I think it depends on who does it and what your pain threshold is.

Personally, a bikini line wax doesn't hurt all that much (it stings a bit) but I don't get my eyebrows done often because it hurts so much more...and I turn bright red where the wax has been, always, so I stick to tweezers for those most of the time!

I also find it's best to try to not tense up in anticipation of the wax removal, it hurts more!
  • lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Eyebrows- totally fine
    I waxed another area once ( before i got married for my honeymoon). i will NEVER do that AGAIN. omg, it was awful. I dont know how women do that all the time! I'll pass
  • Spice_4_Life
    Spice_4_Life Posts: 225
    Options
    Definitely worth it!!!! So nice to not have to worry about shaving, and getting razor bumps in the nether region during bathingsuit season :)))) But it does hurt. Just bikini is ok...Brazilian is painful and kinda akward :embarassed: To me it's worth not shaving :bigsmile:
  • chrissy10taylor
    Options
    Way less painful if you are getting it professionally done. I don't think it's bad at all. Get my bikini area waxed all the time. It is TOTALLY worth any pain, it lasts way longer than shaving.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I shave everything except my arm pits and girl part because I'm lazy. Doesn't hurt for arm pits. Lady part on the other hand...
    except now I have to shave my area, because I'm dating someone. Worst ever....

I reckon laser is the way to go
  • nas24
    Options
    Definitely worth it!!!! So nice to not have to worry about shaving, and getting razor bumps in the nether region during bathingsuit season :)))) But it does hurt. Just bikini is ok...Brazilian is painful and kinda akward :embarassed: To me it's worth not shaving :bigsmile:

See... thats where im coming from, i just dont want to be shaving all the time. Drives me nuts. I "think" id rather shoot a couple shots of Jack , wax it up, then i wont have to worry about it for a while.
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    greasygriddle_wechnage Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    let's just say, i wanted to punch her in the lady parts.... :mad:
  • nas24
    Options
    let's just say, i wanted to punch her in the lady parts.... :mad:
    LOL :laugh: Ill give her fair warning that there will be some curse words coming out of my mouth that she has never heard before, lol
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options

LOL, that's not a bad idea, I should get a Professional Private Waxer license, couple it with a liquor license for the "anesthesia" part.... although I am not sure I want women hating on me for causing them pain (however temporary) :)
    I'm sure if you kept the women full of liquor there would be no hate necessary! Good Luck with the business pal! :wink: :bigsmile: