Luna bars!

Options
2»

Replies

• runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Larabars for (mostly carb) energy while hiking or doing outdoorsy stuff.

For some reason the Luna bars left a rancid chalky taste in my mouth. Hmm...

I love Larabars. Luna Bars are okay, but they have a "fake" taste to them. I normally eat Larabars an early morning workout when I need just a little something. However, because they are kind of high in kcals for what they are, I really limit when I use them... but they are so good. The Lemon Bar and Key Lime Pie taste like their respective real things.
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I get my Luna bars by the box at Costco. My favorite: Nutz Over Chocolate. The reason I love them so much is because they taste like rice crispy snacks. Yumm. I don't eat them on a regular basis, but they're great in a pinch: you're hungry, and don't have time to make food. Always keep one in the purse (much better than anything I can pick up at work).
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    My trainer would have a fit it I ate one of these!!!!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I just bought a couple to try, these would be good for a treat every once in a while after a hard workout. i might have one tomorrow after my long run, hmmmm iced oatmeal raisin or caramel nut brownie
    :wink:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Larabars for (mostly carb) energy while hiking or doing outdoorsy stuff.

For some reason the Luna bars left a rancid chalky taste in my mouth. Hmm...
    I just picked some up today. Thanks for the tip
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I like the Luna (caramel nut brownie) and Clif bars (carrot cake... yum!) but agree they are a little higher in cals/ sugar. Another option for a lower cal tag are the Clif Kidz bars. They come in chocolate chip, chocolate brownie, honey graham, and peanut butter. My kids LOVE them and they are great for packing somewhere like the pool or park, lunchboxes, etc. They have between 120-140 cals and 3g fiber. Check the database, they're all in listed in there w/ the nutrition info. You can buy a huge box of them at Sam's club also.
    I also like using the kids cliff bars. They are also much higher in calcium and iron than most other health bars, which is important for us ladies to stay healthy. Honey graham is my favorite, but there is a blueberry one that is good too.

I haven't seen the blueberry!! I think the chocolate brownie is my fav. Yum yum!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I tried the caramel nut brownie one yesterday and it is delicious. I cut it in half so I wouldn't over- indulge but I'm looking forward to eating the rest of it today!!