What am I doing wrong?

Options
13»

Replies

• Maureenf418
    Maureenf418 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to lose since feb.I have only lost 10 lbs.trying to lose 15 altogether and getting frustrated.havent lost a pound in 3 weeks!!
  • run2jeepn
    run2jeepn Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    And yep- carbs are another killer for me since I love my crackers and pasta. I'll continue to work on it, but I know carbs are going to be an issue and a fight for me!
    [/quote]

Give yourself a Carb Cut off time. Say 6hrs before bed time. No Carbs after that time. Eat your limit of Carbs before that time. Also try giving up the little things. Like Hamburger Buns, Chips, etc... Cut those out and save your Carb limit for things you like. Like Pasta. Just switching from normal flour Tortillas to Mama Lupe's Low Carb Tortillas. I actual like the taste of them much better.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

Also, you say you stay with 1200, but your MFP goal is over 1400. I would try to eat at your goal for a few weeks and see what happens.

My MFP goal is only 1200. It's more when I exercise of course because it adds calories from exercise... but in general it's 1200. :)
    I will try to eat more. Sounds difficult though because I feel like I am eating a lot most days. Maybe a little more calories for breakfast will help since that's usually when I eat the least.
    Making your breakfast a big breakfast of fruit should help speed up your metabolism. Make sure you get enough. (I had a 900 calorie breakfast of just fruit this morning) I think everybody who said that you need to eat more are correct. If you don't eat enough, your body goes into starvation mode, and it's hard to burn any fat off.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    eat more...there is a group I am part of called Eat More Lose Less...def. join it.

It has helped me. My body was in starvation mode and I was gaining!

This!!!! 1200 isn't enough. Figure out your BMR and TDEE and eat what your body needs, not the arbitraty 1200 that MFP gives you as a result of the pounds you want to lose per week.