Favorite way to eat tuna?

Options

Replies

• SweetDorothySweat
    SweetDorothySweat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My tuna is the bomb. Must share. Tuna (duh), fat free mayo, or plain fat free greek yogurt to your liking, salt, pepper, paprika, diced bread and butter pickles, diced green apple with skin, diced boiled egg whites, and wha-la! Delicousness.
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Mixed with light mayo, sweetcorn, gherkins (dill pickles for you americans I believe), chopped baby plum tomatoes and either piled into a wholemeal pitta bread or mixed with pasta!! Yum!!
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    With hot sauce or lemon pepper
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    My tuna is the bomb. Must share. Tuna (duh), fat free mayo, or plain fat free greek yogurt to your liking, salt, pepper, paprika, diced bread and butter pickles, diced green apple with skin, diced boiled egg whites, and wha-la! Delicousness.

Must try this!!! x
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Take some whole black peppercorns, put them in a ziploc and crush with a rolling pen until very coursely broken up. Dump them on a cutting board, take a thick fresh tuna steak and press both sides in the peppercorns until completely coated. Drizzle on a little oil that can tolerate high heat and pan sear at a high temp for about 1 - 1.5 min on both sides (just until the outside is seared but the inside is very rare).

That ^^ is my favorite. But sushi or cooked outside on the grill is awesome too. Or, if it's canned tuna, I like to mix it with pasta, a light cheese sauce and peas, or make tuna salad with mayo and chopped crunchy vegetables (onion, celery. peppers) or peas.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    This may sound odd or like a weird combo but i mix mine with spicy mustard, some dill pickle relish and some diced radishes, and my favorite seasonings (lemon pepper). I then spread it on celery.....DELICIOUS!!
  • Jamie2007
    Jamie2007 Posts: 169
    Options
    Sliced and rare

This is the best for sure!
  • rowlandk
    rowlandk Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I use the healthiest tortillas I can find, spread some fat free cream cheese on it, top with drained canned tuna and fat free mozzarella cheese and some Nature's Seasoning and Garlic salt. Tuna pizza. LOVE.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    With a liitle bit of low fat garlic mayo, a little pepper Stuffed inside an avocado half...or inside a red or yellow bell pepper
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    A pouch of the low sodium chunk light tuna, a packet of Wholly Guacamole spicy, and a wrap. HEAVEN! I'll have to try the greek yogurt one. I'm not a fan of mayo in my tuna (probably because it was always loaded with it when I was a kid), so any healthier alternative sounds worth it.
  • fajitatx
    fajitatx Posts: 36
    Options
    coated in white and black sesame seeds and lightly seared.
  • linochka1969
    linochka1969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Sushi or sashimi
    However, there is a pretty tasty reciepy

can of tuna, a few chopped olives, chopped lemon pell and capers. TASTY
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Miracle Whip (don't judge), diced spicy sweet pickles + a little of the juice, celery, red onion, black pepper. Delicious on bread, chips, crackers, in pitas, with a spoon, in a lettuce wrap...

Lots of good ideas here!
  • trustnowon
    trustnowon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have used either avocado to mash it up or recently I used hummus, which is tasty.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    *walks in, walks back out* wasn't what I thought it would be \m/

LOL.
  • brokenartist
    brokenartist Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This may sound odd or like a weird combo but i mix mine with spicy mustard, some dill pickle relish and some diced radishes, and my favorite seasonings (lemon pepper). I then spread it on celery.....DELICIOUS!!

Yuppers, YUM!!!
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Flaked white albacore (in water) with salsa.... yum!
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Flaked white albacore (in water) with salsa.... yum!

I have thought about trying it with salasa....now i will definitely give it a go
  • sallytx
    sallytx Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    mixed with tomato sauce and capers....over pasta...yummy, yum yum....(tuna a red pasta sauce is big here in italy)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    mixed with tomato sauce and capers....over pasta...yummy, yum yum....(tuna a red pasta sauce is big here in italy)

Do you use fresh or canned tuna for that?