How do I get my motivation back?

Options

Replies

• applepie
    applepie Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I heard this a long time ago and it has always stuck with me:

"You don't have to lose 100 pounds all at once, you just need to lose ONE pound a hundred times."

I don't know..for some reason that just made it seem more do-able to me. When I think about how losing one pound at a time compared to 100 pounds at once sounded...hmmm..one tiny measley little pound...yeah..we can do this. :D

Keep going! :)
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

"You don't have to lose 100 pounds all at once, you just need to lose ONE pound a hundred times."

I don't know..for some reason that just made it seem more do-able to me. When I think about how losing one pound at a time compared to 100 pounds at once sounded...hmmm..one tiny measley little pound...yeah..we can do this. :D

omg...i love that quote!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options

that is very great advice, thanks so much for this, it helps me alot :flowerforyou:
  • injuneer81
    injuneer81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It really is a mental thing IMO to be motivated. You just have to decide it's what you want and do it. I have been struggling with my motivation so I thank God that I have my family doing this with me. They look to me to lead them as they lose weight. Last night I DID NOT want to work out but my hubby encouraged me to do it even though I didn't want to. I felt much better about myself after doing it. So I suggest you just pick a day and start all over. It will be the beginning again and as you make it through each day you will be proud of yourself for accomplishing what you have. Don't give up. Make yourself do it for a day or two and it'll all come back to you. Pick out something you want to wear and hang it up in the kitchen where you'll see it every time you head in there. I hope you get your motivation back and lose those 7 pounds and many more.:wink:

can't change the past. the hardest part for me was overcoming that i was not 25 years old anymore. I kept trying to workout like i used to and kept hurting myself. I finally accepted that my body could not handle the punishment. i started walking easy relaxed. i still don't workout hard just easy and steady.

get back into it easy. the more you do the more you will want to do...here is the hard part and the hardest part for me.....YOU and only you can turn that switch on to get back into.

here is the motivation part.....

ready....

GET YOUR *kitten* UP OFF THE COUCH AND GET TO IT GIRL!!!!!!!!!GO GO GO GO!!!! YEAH!!!

are you up yet???
  • injuneer81
    injuneer81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Okay so I have been here for almost 7 months and when I first started I was really motivated, but I had a wreck on May 29, 2009 and ever since then I have been eating foods that are not the wisest food choices,stress eating, not exercising and being totally lazy. How do I get that motivation back that I had a the beginning. I have gained 7 pounds, I thank God that it isn't no more than that but I am ashamed that I have gained it back. I don't want to go back to being 292 pounds like I was when I joined mfp. How do you all stay on it to reach your goals?

somebody else on here said small goals is the thing to do. I agree. I have a giant goal to lose a lot of weight. but my main goal is a daily goal. don't exceed my calories. and exercise a little
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Okay so I have been here for almost 7 months and when I first started I was really motivated, but I had a wreck on May 29, 2009 and ever since then I have been eating foods that are not the wisest food choices,stress eating, not exercising and being totally lazy. How do I get that motivation back that I had a the beginning. I have gained 7 pounds, I thank God that it isn't no more than that but I am ashamed that I have gained it back. I don't want to go back to being 292 pounds like I was when I joined mfp. How do you all stay on it to reach your goals?

somebody else on here said small goals is the thing to do. I agree. I have a giant goal to lose a lot of weight. but my main goal is a daily goal. don't exceed my calories. and exercise a little

I like the idea of a daily goal, don't exceed my calories and exercise, thank you so very much for this idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    It really is a mental thing IMO to be motivated. You just have to decide it's what you want and do it. I have been struggling with my motivation so I thank God that I have my family doing this with me. They look to me to lead them as they lose weight. Last night I DID NOT want to work out but my hubby encouraged me to do it even though I didn't want to. I felt much better about myself after doing it. So I suggest you just pick a day and start all over. It will be the beginning again and as you make it through each day you will be proud of yourself for accomplishing what you have. Don't give up. Make yourself do it for a day or two and it'll all come back to you. Pick out something you want to wear and hang it up in the kitchen where you'll see it every time you head in there. I hope you get your motivation back and lose those 7 pounds and many more.:wink:

can't change the past. the hardest part for me was overcoming that i was not 25 years old anymore. I kept trying to workout like i used to and kept hurting myself. I finally accepted that my body could not handle the punishment. i started walking easy relaxed. i still don't workout hard just easy and steady.

get back into it easy. the more you do the more you will want to do...here is the hard part and the hardest part for me.....YOU and only you can turn that switch on to get back into.

here is the motivation part.....

ready....

GET YOUR *kitten* UP OFF THE COUCH AND GET TO IT GIRL!!!!!!!!!GO GO GO GO!!!! YEAH!!!

are you up yet???

this is what I needed thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    hey laura! :flowerforyou:

you have come so far this year! you are a doll and are so supportive of everyone :flowerforyou:! the set back you had is in the past now and you are doing the right thing by reaching out to MFP. you know you got this, take it day by day!

i had a 3 month set back and gained my weight back + 5lbs! :noway: i know for me, i never ever want to do that again.

like i said, one day at a time! you could get a calendar and put an X thru each day at the end of the day to close it off and reflect that you did it. then, in a month you can look at what you accomplished. you could even write your self a note about how you were feeling each day and at the end of the month read everything and think about goals for the next month. imagine how cool it would be to have a whole calendar filled up with big X's!!!

i write myself notes on my food log. started it on 7/18, when i got back on track. its helping me.

anyways - get up and move girl! you got this!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Two choices, get up, get moving start over or shoot.gif I would pick start over if I were you! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

don't get all hostile either, I am trying to make her laugh!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    hey laura! :flowerforyou:

you have come so far this year! you are a doll and are so supportive of everyone :flowerforyou:! the set back you had is in the past now and you are doing the right thing by reaching out to MFP. you know you got this, take it day by day!

i had a 3 month set back and gained my weight back + 5lbs! :noway: i know for me, i never ever want to do that again.

like i said, one day at a time! you could get a calendar and put an X thru each day at the end of the day to close it off and reflect that you did it. then, in a month you can look at what you accomplished. you could even write your self a note about how you were feeling each day and at the end of the month read everything and think about goals for the next month. imagine how cool it would be to have a whole calendar filled up with big X's!!!

i write myself notes on my food log. started it on 7/18, when i got back on track. its helping me.

anyways - get up and move girl! you got this!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

thanks Heather, I really appreciate all the support. I really need it at this time. I do the calender thing but not really in that respect but I will try it.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Two choices, get up, get moving start over or shoot.gif I would pick start over if I were you! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

don't get all hostile either, I am trying to make her laugh!

thanks, I am going to start over, and get with it. :flowerforyou:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

I just want to let you know you're really inspiring to me. You want to give up but you're not- you're fighting harder.

You gave me a push that I needed today. :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options

I just want to let you know you're really inspiring to me. You want to give up but you're not- you're fighting harder.

You gave me a push that I needed today. :flowerforyou:

thanks so much, I am not going anywhere, I have come too far to let this weight issue beat me. I want to be a great example for my kids.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    This is the downfall of all of us...we lose our motivation...the numbers on the scale start going up...and then it's over. The thing is, you just can't give into the negative thinking this time. Don't give up. You have to do this for your health, your life, your loved ones...what kind of life can you live at 300 pounds or more? Don't miss out on anymore of your life for the sake of food. You know this is a life committment...so you've fallen back a little...no big deal. Get up, brush yourself up, and jump back on the wagon with us. :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    This is the downfall of all of us...we lose our motivation...the numbers on the scale start going up...and then it's over. The thing is, you just can't give into the negative thinking this time. Don't give up. You have to do this for your health, your life, your loved ones...what kind of life can you live at 300 pounds or more? Don't miss out on anymore of your life for the sake of food. You know this is a life committment...so you've fallen back a little...no big deal. Get up, brush yourself up, and jump back on the wagon with us. :flowerforyou:

thanks, I am here for the longhaul. I will NOT let this little tiny thing defeat me. I will do this!!!!!!! I was a little discouraged when I wrote this but not now, I know this is a process, I will have good times and I will have bad where I don't do exactly what I should, but I am taking one day at a time and I will be here when I reach my goal and after, if that is 1 year, 2 years or forever. I don't want to be 300 pounds, that is exactly what scared me to come and join this site and lose the 40 something pounds that I have lost, I got on the scales and saw I weighed 292 pounds on December 31, 2008 and made up my mind right then and there that I was not going to weigh 300 pounds and that I no longer want to weigh 200 pounds. I have done the giving up before, but I don't and won't do that this time. I will do this no matter how hard it gets, b/c nothing in life is easy. I really appreciate your post, thanks so much for it. I will get up, brush myself off and jump right back on it. :flowerforyou:
  • rachmj526
    rachmj526 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: YOU are a success!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    :flowerforyou: YOU are a success!

thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • patns
    patns Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    First off give yourself a big pat on the back that you caught it at 7 pounds! As someone said it was the stress of the accident that put you off track. Stress eat can pack on many pounds quickly. Good for you for taking the bull by the horns quickly. Good luck and as someone said your future sucess will have such an impact for you and your family.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    First off give yourself a big pat on the back that you caught it at 7 pounds! As someone said it was the stress of the accident that put you off track. Stress eat can pack on many pounds quickly. Good for you for taking the bull by the horns quickly. Good luck and as someone said your future sucess will have such an impact for you and your family.
    [/quote

thanks, I weigh once or twice a week, I want to make sure that if I do gain some it will not be the whole 40 something pounds that I lost back. I am doing very well, and I hope the 7 pounds comes off quickly but I don't know if they will or not but working on it. :flowerforyou:
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I was SO dedicated and never stopped since April while I was home taking care of my son after his accident. Morning til night, I didn't stop. I wouldn't even entertain the thought of letting ANYTHING unhealthy near my mouth. I went back to work and its been somewhat down hill since. I feel I've gotten my groove back but it is still hard. I got so tiny and now, just a few pounds I've gained, I feel like I'm so fat.

All we can do is take it one day at a time. One step at a time. We did it once, we can do it again.

Good luck!

exercise.png