Alcoholic Beverages

Options

Replies

• antonio823
    antonio823 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is just sugar when its processed. Its really just empty calories. I don't drink at all and when I do go to the bar I've asked for water. I also usually volunteer for driving as well. Its a personal choice for everyone but drinking in general when you're trying to loose weight will ultimately cause you to cease the loosing, or gain some back.

When I started to read this, I honestly thought the 3rd sentence was going to be "that's why I smoke p*t - it's calorie free".

*Management does not endorse illegal activites. Just jokes.

Hilarious!!!
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Like once at the end of the week to socialize with my friends and I usually have many drinks I but don't drive.( I love my new car in my profile pic haha.)
    As you can see it has not affected my weight loss I would imagine because I am more on with my diet and exercise than off. Plus I do enjoy a time out from time to time so this helps break all the tension and its fun. :happy: Although if I do over do it then its a painful motivating reminder as to why I mostly stay healthy. :laugh:
    9755412_7737_thumb.jpg

THIS. I don't have a nice car though :cry: I just don't drink and drive for the many other reasons...
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I get ****ing BLITZED on weekends.

^^ and I've still lost weight and gained muscle.

Granted, the super-blitzed weekends usually go hand in hand with ordering pizza, and then the sodium is jacked on Monday, but meh.

You only live once.
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options

^^ and I've still lost weight and gained muscle.

Granted, the super-blitzed weekends usually go hand in hand with ordering pizza, and then the sodium is jacked on Monday, but meh.

You only live once.

And this too :laugh:
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is just sugar when its processed. Its really just empty calories. I don't drink at all and when I do go to the bar I've asked for water. I also usually volunteer for driving as well. Its a personal choice for everyone but drinking in general when you're trying to loose weight will ultimately cause you to cease the loosing, or gain some back.

That's a personal opinion.
    I drink during the weekend all the time & I have not ceased losing weight or gained any back. It's all about moderation.
    Unless you never plan to drink again.. I don't see the logical reason of cutting it out.
    Get your drink of choice, as long as it's not beer, you can just get one of those tiny red straws and sip through that. It'll take a lot longer to drink. (I only say don't do this with beer because that would look weird)
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    best site out there... http://www.getdrunknotfat.com

enjoy! :drinker:
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I drink rum, with diet soda. The shots aren't so bad in calories, but when you 'accidently' drink the whole bottle, it can be kind of bad on calories. Not that I would know, or anything. *whistles innocently*
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I drink ALL THE TIME. I am talking 5-6 nights a week. It might be just a glass of red wine with dinner it might be multiple cocktails with friends on Friday night. Anyone who tells you to not drink as it is empty calories, obviously has no life! :P I just work my booty off on nights where I will be binging. I will store up my cals and enjoy them via vodka and club soda. I always make sure I have room for wine with dinner. Skinnygirl cocktails are pretty tastey...more than I like to spend but for a whole bottle, its worth it. I myself with drink Select 55 if needed...thats an awesome way to constantly have a beer in hand and not go over board. Its just all about right decisions...it was hard giving up Blue Moons...but DAMN, we are talking like 170 calories!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I drink rum, with diet soda. The shots aren't so bad in calories, but when you 'accidently' drink the whole bottle, it can be kind of bad on calories. Not that I would know, or anything. *whistles innocently*
    You accidentally drank a bottle of rum?

I'm coming over to your house...what kind of rum shall I bring?
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    The idea is to develop a life style and so if you enjoy having a drink do it be mindful of your calories your limits you set for yourself.
    That said I have mostly given it up since when we were out a drink was really 2.5 shots or so so 2 drinks equals a whole lot more thn I should have and also I found early morning workouts I felt crappy after drinking so my choice is to limit myself to FRE an alcohol free woine or Odouls or similar so I drink but dont indulge
  • meg7399
    Options
    What's my take?

Log the entire bottle of wine in the morning and build my food diary around it. Like a shrine or something... :drinker:
    WIN....I have done this before!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

Get your drink of choice, as long as it's not beer, you can just get one of those tiny red straws and sip through that. It'll take a lot longer to drink. (I only say don't do this with beer because that would look weird)

I will slam my vodka shots and avoid looking like a complete dork, thank you. ♥
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

I met my goal April 2011, lost a bit more than my original goal, and have maintained it since. All the while having wine or beer nearly every day. And I have a clean bill of health from my doctor.

So, surely you meant "can ultimately cause you to cease the losing, or gain some back."

Edited to clarify April 2011
  • LNPurdie
    LNPurdie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I believe clear spirits have fewer calories, and if you search the database of foods, you will see exactly how they impact your diary. Download the iPhone app if you have a smart phone - and keep a check on your calories.

I add drinks to my “snacks”

Alternatively use the database and get some ideas, mentally decide how much before your go out and stick to it. The best thing to do is to set yourself a reasonable limit, something you know you can stick to so you do not feel guilty. So don’t go out and say to yourself only 1 if that is not likely going to be easy.

My trick is to not set a limit, but to drink a glass of water between each cocktail, but only after the 2nd! It paces me

Have a nice weekend. :)
  • meg7399
    Options
    False, both the information and the spelling (lose does not = loose). I drink constantly...and I have lost 35 pounds in a little over a year! Oh and I am more fun to hang around! :P
  • Zaetalicious
    Zaetalicious Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to limit my consumption of alcohol but it never really goes that well. One drink always makes me want another, and another, and another..

All of these tips are good though, although I would like to only drink vodka + (insert calorie free beverage here), I end up going with specific types of malt liquor because it's cheap and does the job fast even though they kinda taste like crap (Natty Daddy is the best, only 181 calories for 24oz and 8% alc, yes please!). I just either work off an extra 200 calories at the gym, or plan it in my diary for the day, or do a combination of both.

I don't think I could abstain from alcohol completely. I work all week long, I deserve to treat myself a little bit on Saturday night. :) Everything in moderation!!
  • Jennilynncoco
    Options
    What's my take?

Log the entire bottle of wine in the morning and build my food diary around it. Like a shrine or something... :drinker:

HaHa i love this idea :)
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    You accidentally drank a bottle of rum?

I'm coming over to your house...what kind of rum shall I bring?

White please! Careful though as I turn slutty half way through the bottle!

• Dietz27
    Dietz27 Posts: 107
    Options

Nice!!!! :drinker:
  • Sksieger
    Sksieger Posts: 63
    Options
    Good link that list the calories in most drinks!

http://www.dwlz.com/WWinfo/liquor.html

I also like skinny girl

http://www.skinnygirlcocktails.com/you-must-be-21-or-over-to-enter