I can't believe it!

Options
Hi Everyone,

I have reached a pretty significant marker and I have to share!

As of today I have lost 50 pounds! :drinker:

I am a little in shock because I never thought I could stick to it. My switch finally flipped at the end of January when I hit my highest weight that couldn't be explained away, or maybe I just lost the motivation to make any more excuses. I chose to look at my thyroid and rheumatism issues as challenges rather than crutches.

I still have 70 to go to reach my first goal of 180, but that 70 is nowhere near as daunting as the 120 I started out with.

For those of you interested in photographic evidence check out the pictures on my profile the one of me in a green sweater with my neice is from Christmas. My current profile pic was taken a couple weeks ago.

Good luck to everyone! If I can do it so can you!

Replies

• MrBinkerton
    MrBinkerton Posts: 109
    Options
    WOW!!! That is just awesome!!!!!! Congratulations on this wonderful acheivment!!

Keep up the great work! Day by day! You can do anything you set your mind to and you have proven this to yourself! You rock and thank you for the inspiration today!
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is great, and you look great!
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    wooo hooo! yeah! :bigsmile: :wink:
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Wowza! Great job keep up the good work!
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Thank you for sharing - it helps all of us keep going.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I have one word for you!

AWESOME!!!!

okay, maybe two

INSPIRING!!

That is sooooo cool! I can't wait to get there!!!

You should be so proud!

Memaw
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    Great job!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Kendra7107
    Kendra7107 Posts: 122
    Options
    Congratulations! You look wonderful and you have done a fantastic job. I know you are really proud of yourself. :-) You are right, you have made it this far that the rest will follow.

I too need to lose another 55 pounds but I am working on a little bit at a time. It's sounds more manageable doesn't it?

I also can relate to having an A-ha moment. Mine was watching video/vacation footage from a trip to Italy and Greece last September. When we got home, had a party to watch the trip footage, etc. I could not believe how I looked!! I was so mortified!!!! :embarassed: What a wake up call!

I think we all need to get to a place mentally where we want to make it happen. Until we get our mind wrapped about the change in lifestyle we won't be successful. You have done a terrific job at getting to that place in our life. I know you are going to be successful in losing the last amount of weight you want too.

Way to go!!
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    That is AMAZING! In your new picture you look so much younger, and incredibly beautiful! I hope that you are proud of your accomplishment! You are an inspiration to the rest of us! Congratulations, and best wishes! I hope we hear more from you as you continue your journey with MFP. I'm glad to be on this journey with you!
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    That is AMAZING! In your new picture you look so much younger, and incredibly beautiful! I hope that you are proud of your accomplishment! You are an inspiration to the rest of us! Congratulations, and best wishes! I hope we hear more from you as you continue your journey with MFP. I'm glad to be on this journey with you!

I agree...you look so full of happiness & energy! Good For You!:flowerforyou: :love:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Outstanding, very well done. Hubba hubba,,, :blushing:
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Yes! You look younger & more vibrant!
    Keep On Glowing Girl! :flowerforyou: :love:

What a fantastic accomplishment and inspiration you are! :heart:
    Keep on trucking baby........ the road ahead gets really fun! :bigsmile:
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    Thanks everyone.... your comments make me want to :cry: and :blushing: all at the same time :laugh:

I am glad I can be an inspiration and there are so many on this site that are that for me as well. It isn't an easy road we are on whether we are trying to lose 10 pounds or 110, but the support I have found here has made all the difference. You guys are awesome!

It is kind of funny reading the comments on my pictures. I see a difference, but obviously not as much as others do. It is a nice to have that reality check, to realize that we are much harder on ourselves than we should be. Don't worry though, I won't let it go to my head :wink:

Thanks again!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    W:love:W!!!
  • lenalean
    lenalean Posts: 7
    Options
    Great job! You look great. 50 lbs, very inspiring. I cannot wait to see 50lbs lost myself. Keep up the good work.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good Job! I checked out your pictures and you look fantastic!
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! Keep up the great work!
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    Thanks again!

Apparently my week long vacation shocked my body in a good way as I have now hit 55lbs lost! :noway: Don't get me wrong I'll take it, but I did get on and off that scale several times to make sure it was right! :laugh:

You have all been wonderful and supportive. It really means a lot to me and has made this so much easier.
  • jojogirl
    jojogirl Posts: 99
    Options
    You GO GIRL!!
    You look fantastic, what a great job.
    :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!