21yo in a rut. How do you lose weight??

Options

Replies

• effu4bleepinme
    Options
    Obviously cutting down on calories will help you lose weight.... the hardest part, for me anyway, was finding enough low sodium foods that I like. My taste buds are high maintenance and that generally means my taste buds like salted foods.... but IMO cutting down sodium intake to 1,000 to 1,500 a day, or lower, is nearly as important as cutting down on calories.

It's hard at first, but you really have to spend the time while you shop and look for lighter, low sodium foods. If you see something say "30% daily sodium per serving" (which in reality is more like 60% the HEALTHY daily intake) stay away, because if you think about it how many of us really just eat one serving as it is shown on the label? If you buy a frozen personal pizza 1 serving is half of one of those little pizzas, which are already only like 1.5 slices.

Which brings me to my final point STAY AWAY FROM FROZEN FOODS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE! And if you are going to buy frozens look at the label first!
  • Dagoth
    Dagoth Posts: 172
    Options
    Eat less, move more. Not hard.
    GO AWAY.

Uh. Do people not like the truth around here? There is no magic formula of losing weight. It's simple, really.

Just because losing weight is easy for you does not make it easy for all. If you hit crappy times in your life and at the same time get into bad eating habits it is really hard to break out of that. Also since 90% of the food now a days is pumped with sodium and a lot of the low sodium foods taste like pooh it is hard to not only find the healthy foods that you like but a learning curve to train yourself to look for them.

I think the problem people had with your comment is it is very trollish. It was not necessary or needed for you to say that in a rude manner. And losing weight is not just about eating less. You can eat less all you want but unless you eat right your weight loss and overall health will be limited. Also a lot of people don't realize that it's bad to eat under 1200 calories, which will not only slow weight loss but is very unhealthy.

Yeah, nah.
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Obvious troll is obvious.
    Lol@people in this thread making excuses for not losing weight. If you eat at a deficit, you WILL lose weight.

Lol@overweight guy saying it's easy. Nobody is arguing with you about the post above.......It's the other part....where you said it's easy......so nonchalantly. It's not easy.....if it was none of us would ever get fat.
    Actually it really is. I know why I got fat. I played video games and didn't care about my health or what I was putting into my body. I've lost 30 lbs in less than 2 months and while I may have a ways to go, its not hard as people make it out to be. As long as you have dedication and you really want it, its not hard. If you don't, then that's your own fault.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    If i can give one tip its this. Double check your estimated calorie requirements, against an on line calculator like http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
    I have no doubt mfp will start you at 1200kcal

Wow.....that's totally different from what mfp says for me.
  • Dagoth
    Options
    Obvious troll is obvious.
    Trolling?!
    back-in-the-days-trolling-meant-something.jpg
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    If i can give one tip its this. Double check your estimated calorie requirements, against an on line calculator like http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Quite common really, 1200 is a famous figure around these parts!
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    GO AWAY.

Uh. Do people not like the truth around here? There is no magic formula of losing weight. It's simple, really.

Just because losing weight is easy for you does not make it easy for all. If you hit crappy times in your life and at the same time get into bad eating habits it is really hard to break out of that. Also since 90% of the food now a days is pumped with sodium and a lot of the low sodium foods taste like pooh it is hard to not only find the healthy foods that you like but a learning curve to train yourself to look for them.

I think the problem people had with your comment is it is very trollish. It was not necessary or needed for you to say that in a rude manner. And losing weight is not just about eating less. You can eat less all you want but unless you eat right your weight loss and overall health will be limited. Also a lot of people don't realize that it's bad to eat under 1200 calories, which will not only slow weight loss but is very unhealthy.

Yeah, nah.

I encourage you to try this Dagoth, clearly it's the way to go.
  • stacie48
    stacie48 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    GO AWAY.

Yeah, nah.

DUDE what you got to be like that. You are freaking 21 and Male it is Much Much easier if you get your big butt of the couch and stop playing with your Videio Game Girlfriend yes you will lose that amount of weight in 2 months but when you want to lose between 10-20 much harder. Want to hear from you when you are down to the last pounds you have to lose....

Glad you got a life but seriously be HUMBLE!!!!
  • effu4bleepinme
    Options

Yeah I pretty much take what the site tells me my intake should be and subtract 200 as long as it does not go under 1200. I find the "calories burned" estimates to be a bit high for the most part.... however for some people they're actually low. It's something you gotta figure out about your own body and then make your own adjustments to the numbers the site gives you.
  • effu4bleepinme
    Options
    lmao. +1 on trying the twinkie diet and see how it goes. Sure you'll lose weight but you'll probably also have a heart attack within a couple of years. GREAT DIET!!!!!! -facepalm-
  • Dagoth
    Options
    I freaking love this site's community. So fun.
  • Dagoth
    Options
    GO AWAY.

Yeah, nah.

DUDE what you got to be like that. You are freaking 21 and Male it is Much Much easier if you get your big butt of the couch and stop playing with your Videio Game Girlfriend yes you will lose that amount of weight in 2 months but when you want to lose between 10-20 much harder. Want to hear from you when you are down to the last pounds you have to lose....

Glad you got a life but seriously be HUMBLE!!!!

>Videio Game Girlfriend
    Oh my god I don't think I've laughed this hard in years.
  • stacie48
    Options

Because it is like playing a game on the computer? How much you have left to lose @ Dogoth????
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options

Yeah I pretty much take what the site tells me my intake should be and subtract 200 as long as it does not go under 1200. I find the "calories burned" estimates to be a bit high for the most part.... however for some people they're actually low. It's something you gotta figure out about your own body and then make your own adjustments to the numbers the site gives you.
    I just think mfp's built in calorie calculator, is unnecessarily confusing for new users, and sucks in general.
  • effu4bleepinme
    Options

Because it is like playing a game on the computer? How much you have left to lose @ Dogoth????

World of Weightcraft? lol
  • Dagoth
    Options

Because it is like playing a game on computer? How much you have left to lose @ Dogoth????
    It's Dagoth you half-wit. Not even going to dignify your question with a response.
  • stacie48
    Options

Because it is like playing a game on computer? How much you have left to lose @ Dogoth????
    It's Dagoth you half-wit. Not even going to dignify your question with a response.

Whatever like it matters. Are we in spelling/english class BTW? I have my MBA how about you?
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    OP asks for advice on weight loss, receives fat troll exemplifying the twinkie diet and laughing at spelling mistakes
  • Dagoth
    Options

Whatever like it matters. Are we in spelling/english class BTW? I have my MBA how about you?
    The only way for me to interpret your intelligence over the internet is by how you type. Therefore you should probably take into consideration your grammar/spelling before you post.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

The only way for me to interpret your intelligence over the internet is by how you type. Therefore you should probably take into consideration your grammar/spelling before you post.

um, is half-wit like half elf?