Why wont you open your diary?

Options
sniperzzzz
sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
Ok i was board so decided to ask a question, as the title says, Why wont you open your diary? I will go first, my diary is locked with key i will open it on request. The reason its locked with key code is, some days my calories do go quite low, not stupidly low and are swiftly followed by a few higher days, for that reason i don't want people, to judge me or be influenced by my lower day calories. Feel free to say, because its none of your damn business, im ready for the blows :laugh:

Replies

• MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    *cricket legs rubbing *
  • sniperzzzz
    Options
    Wow cant get over how well this thread has taken off :bigsmile:
  • EAlexandraB
    EAlexandraB Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My diary is password protected. My trainer has the password so he can check up on my nutrition if he wants. If people are SERIOUSLY DESPERATE to see what I'm eating, I will give them the password, I guess.

But frankly, I track my food for my own benefit - so *I* know how many calories I've eaten, how balanced my diet is, etc. I'm not interested in feedback from strangers, and I don't think I have any kind of "civic duty" (so to speak) to make my food tracker available to others for inspiration, social comparison, or whatever.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I don't always log my food. Sometimes I can't be bothered. And unless I ask, I don't really want comments if I eat something "bad"!
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Personally, Ive seen some people get pretty judge-y and nasty to people whose diaries that aren't 100% perfectly clean foods, organic free range chicken etc, and since that's just not me, I would prefer to not deal with that.
  • mfpmech
    mfpmech Posts: 10
    Options
    something similar, i think. only my wife can see my diary; i show friends my diary when they are asking if the site is nice to use.

otherwise, i use this as a tool for being accurate and honest with myself about what i eat, and for that, it works splendidly.

but some days i honestly get busy or just forget to eat, and i only pull in 70% of my goal. some days i'm a deadly omnivore and may go over by 40%.

in my diary right now, i see that, and it whips me back into shape the next day, or the next week.

but if i had to worry about other people watching my diary, i think i'd feel shame-based pressure to not log those four-grilled cheese sandwich days, and in a month looking back i wouldn't understand why i didn't lose/gain like i wanted to that week.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,098 Member
    Options
    there's a Food Diary?

I like to keep secrets.
  • chrissilini
    chrissilini Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    To be blunt, it's nobody's business. I am the only one to suffer or benefit from what I eat or don't eat. My choices aren't affecting anyone else. I don't always eat clean and I don't deprive myself of things I want. This has to be a life change that I can live with forever. All in moderation.

Losing weight and getting healthy are hard enough. I don't need some hack ranting on about what I should eat or not eat. We all know what we should be doing. Enough said.
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Mine is private because I am here for support, not judgement. I have also noticed a lot of unsolicited advice about food choices. If I wanted to go public, I would have joined Weight Watchers.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't care I have nothing to hide. But it is only available to friends.
  • AbbeyRysMom
    AbbeyRysMom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i don't always log. I'm a nursing mother of 2 and eat constantly, lol.
  • sniperzzzz
    Options
    Same with me, i don't want to get slammed by people, over my chosen methods of doing things.
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Mine is closed because it's no one's business but mine what I eat. Somedays I eat my calorie goal in nothing but junk and that's my business and I don't like to be judged
  • XxYeaIrocxX
    XxYeaIrocxX Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am a weird eater....like really weird.
    Well I guess you could say more picky than anything so the last time I was on this site I had my diary opened and had nothing but getting bashed every single day and it's annoying.
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Mine is private because I am here for support, not judgement. I have also noticed a lot of unsolicited advice about food choices. If I wanted to go public, I would have joined Weight Watchers.

Exactly!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Because you have no need to know what I eat/drink unless I ask for help. Why does it matter? Oh, because it doesnt
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    just open to friends, so maybe they can say hey try this, or whatever, but no one has really. lol. not open to everyone because i'm terrified of all the judgey mcjudgerson's on here! I will eat things I enjoy and not feel bad about it!
  • mag1c
    mag1c Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    To be blunt, it's nobody's business.

QFT! I log my food and supplements for my benefit, so that I can track my calories and macros. I'm not sure why anyone else would or should want to see it.
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have extremely strange eating habits that are partially left over from my previous issues with eating disorders.

I'm not unhealthy by any means, but I don't really want my weirdo eating habits on show for everybody else, ha. They're mine and mine alone.