Why wont you open your diary?

Options

Replies

• jaspn1981
    jaspn1981 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @Sniperzzzz,

Hey man, how do you set your fitness bar from losing LBS - to LBS gained?
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I think mine is open---though I have seen several people think there diaries were open when they were not--I don't really care. I can see how some people could have been raised in an environment where it may be impolite or rude to talk about that sort of thing--we are all from different cultures/regions with different experiences.

I figure if I want to eat any entire chocolate cake and someone wants to have a problem with it, it doesn't matter to me. But to each their own.
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I opened it for a while then I got a message telling me I don't eat enough because I am under my goal by 200cals. Which, is whatever lol. I told them I don't log certain things and I don't but I also don't really need people messaging me giving me tips either especially when I didn't ask for them.
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    I dont lock my diary. Simply because Im human and we all have good and bad days. If someone wants to judge me for having the occassional icecream or chocolate....well Im sorry Im not perfect, get over it! Alot of people on this site ive noticed(usually the ones who jump down peoples throats for having a "bad food" item) expect you to be so strict with food and to never veer off. Well simply put, that is not life. NO food is off limits to me, If I want it, I'll have it, just in moderation.
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    @Sniperzzzz,

Hey man, how do you set your fitness bar from losing LBS - to LBS gained?
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker/update_weight :smile:
  • xxSjayxx
    xxSjayxx Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Mines completely open because I dont mind if people have an insight to a normal day for me.

I appreciate all the feedback (including the redicule :tongue: )
  • JonathonMars
    Options
    I also have to remember that some people have really judgmental friends on here, which I don't get--then again, I have tried to have friends, and just stopped trying, cause I find it pretty pointless. Some random person saying "Way to go" on something I posted isn't really gonna change what I do--it may help some people though. Honestly, I think having an actual relationship with someone would maybe help, but so far, I've decided that 99% of the people on this site I have absolutely nothing in common with.
  • JonathonMars
    Options
    I dont lock my diary. Simply because Im human and we all have good and bad days. If someone wants to judge me for having the occassional icecream or chocolate....well Im sorry Im not perfect, get over it! Alot of people on this site ive noticed(usually the ones who jump down peoples throats for having a "bad food" item) expect you to be so strict with food and to never veer off. Well simply put, that is not life. NO food is off limits to me, If I want it, I'll have it, just in moderation.

Amen!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    mines open i know i eat like crap, i dont realy care who els knows
  • sniperzzzz
    Options
    I opened it for a while then I got a message telling me I don't eat enough because I am under my goal by 200cals
    This is one of the reasons mine is locked!
  • 22colin
    22colin Posts: 31
    Options
    I get some good hints/tips/ideas from looking at what others are eating - especially people that are successful.
    Given that, I think it's only fair to have my diary open as well. It also adds a level of accountability & helps to keep me honest.

If you want to review & be negative, then that's OK, I can take it :sad: however, I have to say most feedback is positive & even if I don't agree or take the advice, it gives you something to think about.

I find the real value on MFP is the community - sharing with others that are on a similar journey - there are a lot of people out there that have a lot of knowledge & experience to share - seems to me that if you keep your diary closed (& others keep their diaries closed) then we don't get the full benefit.

DISCLAIMER: THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED HERE ARE MINE & I'M NOT PREACHING TO OTHERS OR SUGGESTING THAT YOU SHOULD CHANGE YOUR OWN VIEWS :wink:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I don't want anyone seeing my salt water - honey - deviled egg cleanse logged.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Several reasons....

*I love chocolate
    *Some days I consume entirely too few calories
    *Somedays I consume too many calories
    *Somedays my macros are under/over

But..I log daily, regardless...for ME.

Besides...my temper can be somewhat nasty..and I'd hate to be the person who attempts to "scold" me for something *I* wrote..in *my* diary.
  • jamm2000
    jamm2000 Posts: 79
    Options
    My diary is open because I think it encourages me to be more honest with myself and do the right thing. For me, this group is about accountability. If I'm not losing weight I want my friends to look at my diary and tell me its cuz I'm eating strawberry pop tarts for breakfast every morning. To each his own.
  • Wendyerickson
    Wendyerickson Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I sooooo agree :)
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    i use the food notes section to write about my feelings for the day, binges (if I have one), and digestive stuff. Not really things I want to share with the public. I do post a lot of recipes, so my friends have an idea of the foods I make and I talk about what I eat a lot, so I don't really care about showing what I eat, I just like the thought of having a private little journal on this journey of mine. :)
  • ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    It's between me and my nutritionist; no one else needs to see it.
  • sniperzzzz
    Options
    Btw personally i don't want to look at peoples diary's. But if they wanted some advice, like stuck at a plateau, i would rather they opened it so i could give then some solid advice, instead of guessing and giving them the wrong advice.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I had mine open to everyone and some weird guy kept emailing me that "I ate too many processed foods" which I dont believe I do. I have it open to friends because I do like feedback from my trusted friends and I also use it to keep myself in track knowing that they "could" look at it
  • Fitfortat
    Fitfortat Posts: 47
    Options
    I'm thinking this is not the type of site where people are going to judge you for not showing your food diary. We are all struggling with something. I think perhaps you should just not overthink how people may percieve your decisions.