WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2012

Options

Replies

• garnet56
    garnet56 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm a newbie from the very rainy (at the moment) UK. My main problem is that as I get older I am finding it harder and harder to loose weight that I put on on holiday or at other times when I don't watch what I eat very carefully.

It used to be so easy just a few weeks hard work in the gym and the weight would go but not now so I would welcome any advice.

I swim twice a week and go to gym three times a week using weights and doing interval training, and eat very carefully.

Age 65
    Height 5'2"
    Weight 9st 6lb trying to get to under 9st.

I have just bought a bike but not had the weather to use it yet!!

I'm so happy to have found this topic for over 50s lovely to be here.

Best Wishes to all
  • SusanFinck
    SusanFinck Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm fairly new to the computer, joined MFP in April 2012 and am just learning about this thing called "posting".
    I think it's a great idea to set goals and be accountable to others. These are my goals for June:
    : drink water (lots of it)
    : walk 20,000 steps a day (thus far, my only form of exercise)
    : log in every day and record food intake accurately
    : smaller portion sizes (as once I start it's hard for me to stop)
    : decide on some strength training exercises and get started
    Thanks everyone.
    Wish me luck!

Susan
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Wonderful Saturday!

liselyn-sounds like you had a beautiful bike ride. Hubby and I have several that we do here in Denver, some are nicer than others and I just love getting to do my riding outside instead of the bike in the basement:wink:

Rosecotton- Welcome:flowerforyou: good for you on deciding to be "fit @ 50" you're sure to reach your goal with that kind of determination:happy:

Kathyszoo- enjoy your time with your son and DIL, it's always important to spend as much time as you can when they come to visit...and we will be here waiting to hear about your weekend.:drinker:

Jackie- So good to see you back and lovely picture of the grandtwins:flowerforyou: Sounds like your travels were wonderful and that you did good on maintaining while gone.

rowan- Welcome:flowerforyou: it sounds like you have a good plan to lose...keep coming back here for encouragement and we will be sure to give you help as we can:drinker:

jb- the soup sounds wonderful, but a bit too hot here for us to make right now, maybe in the fall:drinker:

YamRector- Welcome and glad that you have decided to take this journey with the rest of us. Keep coming back and let us get to know you:flowerforyou:

auntiebk- for dry skin, I uses so many creams and lotions my hubby just doesn't get it:huh: All I know is that with the air so dry here in Colorado, especially in Denver at a mile high, you need to drink a LOT of water and use lotion all the time. I think it's really helped in keeping the skin looking younger and smooth:happy: I know that when I don't use anything it really starts to look old and dried out really fast. Also I take Omega3 oil twice a day :wink:

Faye- enjoy your overnight visitor, I'm sure that today you will enjoy getting to play grandma:happy:

Rose- WOW:noway: eight pounds? I have never lost that much in a month let alone a week. GOOD FOR YOU:flowerforyou:

laney- Welcome:flowerforyou: I too did Nutrisystem the last time I lost back in 2010. Since I knew it worked that's why I did it, well this time around I decided to do it using what I call "real food" that I make myself because this is reality living, besides not being able to afford the food from Nutrisystem since hubby is unemployed. I'm finding it more challenging but also much more satisfing because I can see me doing it this way for life that and I do love to cook:wink:

Barbie- Great advice on having a back up plan because of the weather:happy: I'm sure that all of us at sometime have to deal with not being able to get outside to do a workout...unless any of us live in Hawaii:ohwell:

Jenni - ohh I so wanted to see Burn the Floor when it was here in Denver, but just couldn't afford the tickets...good for you getting a 2 for 1:drinker: hope it was as good as you thought. Great job on exercising your will power on lunch...so how did dinner go:huh:

Amanda- great reflection:flowerforyou: I'm so glad you are comfortable in your new skin. I agree with you in that if you are going to spend the money it better be something that you love:love: and it helps that you have decided this is the size you plan to be for the rest of your life.:drinker: Great job on planning ahead what to eat for the day. I find I'm able to do that during the work week but my weekends are so up and down that I never know what I will be doing or going until it happens:ohwell:

Welcome garnet & Susan:flowerforyou: this is the place for great encouragment. Keep coming back and let us get to know you. Garnet yes it is harder to lose at our age:grumble: but as you can see from some of the people on here that have lost a LOT just know it CAN BE DONE:happy:

Hubby is off playing with a group of his friends, they are all out target shooting and I have the house to myself...something I rarely get now days. It may have something to do with being an only child but I do love my home alone time.

It's supposed to be pretty hot here today - mid 90's - and by the time hubby gets home I have a feeling he won't want to do an outside bike ride, so I will have to come up with an alternate plan..just not sure what yet:ohwell:

I made my 6 week Bran Muffins for the week and will check out the freezer for what we can have for dinner tonight. I bought some Turkey Burgers yesterday and am thinking those would be good, they taste so good and having them wrapped in lettuce gives me all the flavor I want.

Everyone have a good Saturday don't forget to drink plenty of water, move that body to burn some of the calories away and log your food:drinker:

Laura80111:smile:
  • rpphillip
    rpphillip Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies :happy:

Just marking my place and will post later tonight!
    have a grate day and welcome to all of the new commers happy to have you!

Back to work for now!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    Puttering around in the yard even thought it is cloudy and yucky looking. I have to try to get things cleaned up. t
    The crew that came to clean my yard monday were not very good or thorough. It was a top surface weeding that really won't last at all. What a waste of money. I have decided to buy a nice kennel for the dogs (it will take up about 1/3 of my tiny yard but I think it will work. Then we are putting fake grass on the little part that is left to be grasslike. I have big patios and planter beds that need cleaning up but maybe we can get the place looking a little better. I think we are rebuilding the deck this year too. (I still havent finished the rock wall/planter I started when I first joined this thread. Boy, do I know how to put projects off.

Ritter story,
    He opened a brand new big bag of potting soil and proceded to destroy the entire bag and play in the nice clean potting soil mud (it has rained all week here) then he came in the house and ate a book I had put in the good will box. But that was not enough. He decided to eat the house. Yep I heard him chewing and I looked up to see him standing next to the corner wall chewing on the dry wall. with his chew toy neatly resting at his feet. Obviously the house tasted better. Needless to say DH is furious with him and he has been given the "Bad Dog" treatment. (basically shunned for a while) It's a good thing he is so damned cute.

Well all, have a satisfying, satiating, spendid, supercalafragalisticexpealidocios:bigsmile: Saturday.

Robin , Bodi boy and bad dog Ritter
  • xaveria2
    xaveria2 Posts: 62
    Options
    Here is the birthday list. As always, if you aren't on here and want to be, just send me a message! Mary

50+ thread Birthdays
    January:
    5 – csally01
    6 – barmbord
    13 - Qpeace
    17 – grabbit97
    22 - celticmuse
    25 – zuback55
    28 - genealace
    29 - ritamerlot

February:
    2 – doobiedoo
    7 – 2youngatheart
    7 – jeqrosen
    9 – AHealthierSuzyQ
    15 - anotheryearolder

March:
    1 – auntiebk
    3 - arborsong
    4 - heartrw
    6 – jeanne3651
    7 – DebKRN
    7 - vypeters
    8 – pmjsmom
    8 - deb_rn
    8 – Cando055
    12 – glendaaus
    14 – cj1234cj23
    15 – joylaut
    20 - spaniel60
    21 – cjwil01
    25 – barbiecat
    26 - kilime50
    29 - deluda
    30 – BirdieM
    30 - Blissfuldrake
    31 – wizzywig

April:
    4 – Lyn54
    4 - frogmama
    8 – grandee47
    11 – smelliott
    11 – kel7298
    14 - ildi59
    15 – laporter62
    17 - Cindyw7
    22 – sceck

May:
    2 – gracete
    2 – janemartin02
    4 – chicletgirl21
    5 – Debma1010
    6 – smwert
    7 - walker001
    13 – lovediets
    13 – jberberian
    14 - myjourney2
    20 – mimi7grands
    23 - debieanne
    25 – jam0525
    25 – wehavethestars
    25 - sissygok
    26 – vickim26
    27 - rjadams
    30 – msh0530

June:
    3 - eotrg
    4 - Caminogirl
    4 - Shirley61
    8 - SueGeer
    12 – Ldspill
    13- tiarapants
    20 - fibrogirl
    23 - goldwingrider
    27 - Donna56
    29 - westernjoy
    30 - RebelRenny

July:
    3 - Iojoi
    7 – Lindaj07
    8 – BarbieCat1
    9 - yvonnemfp
    20 - TeresaSavage
    27 – mynyddisamrs
    31 - randylevy

August:
    7 – MacMadame
    15 - CathiAnne
    18 – bkrbabe57
    24 – cherubcrnp
    24 - Kckramp
    27 - corqueen

September:
    2 – Laura80111
    14 – ItsTerriC
    22 - gloriaandison

October:
    3 – shiddelson
    3 - katiejarr
    8 - djdreger
    15 – Jolandolfo
    21 – peepocheck
    21 - Pinecovers
    23 – rjnandjosh

November:
    11 – kackie
    15 - brunsda
    19 - Benson
    30 – SallyCC
    30 – topaz2986

December:
    6 – cucoyannie
    24 – frogmama
    30 – caharleygirl

My 50th Birthday is July 6th. You can add mine to the list. This group is fantastic. Thanks for all of the advice, recipes and support. I need more very low sodium ideas and more friends.
  • jaks97
    jaks97 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Well I am back and am disappointed that this menopause thing does not help get the weight off. I ate well last week, even though I didn't log, I had oatmeal for breakfast, some type of salad for lunch, lettuce wraps for dinner and :huh: the *&*@(@(@ scale shows up 2 lbs....WTH?

Today I am starting over, My Birthday is June 30th and I have those 2 grandkids I need to be here for as they grow. I think for this week I will try low carb- not a lifestyle change so no berating, but I need a kick start. My son lost 9 lbs and my DIL has lost 6, so I will go to store and stock up on protein and veggies and though I can do without fruit will ad some to the cart.
  • chicletgirl21
    chicletgirl21 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Robin- Your dog story was so funny and reminded me of my dog Binky. He ate everything! He had no preference; everything was yummy to him! He ate my husbands favorite pair of boots, peeled and ate an entire basketball (the orange on the outside of the ball) and all that was left was a black rubber ball, (couldnt even tell it was a basketball anymore!) Ate the stucco off the garage wall. We didnt have any stucco around the garage from the point of where his his head could reach. Luckily, he was a Boston terrier, a relatively small dog. Can you imagine him being a Great Dane and what the garage would like?:noway: He even ate the white decorative stones in our yards to decorate the flower beds. I remember when that happened, that evening he had a difficult time going to the restroom. I thought he was constipated .....but no, just having a hard time pooping out rocks!:laugh: And of course there was the "normal" things he would get into, like chocolate. I don't know how many times I had to give him hydrogen peroxide to make him vomit up the chocolate! That dog was a pain in the butt, but I loved him so much.:heart: To this day he is my favorite dog. He was the most loving dog I ever had. He took such good care of his toys which we stored in a box for him and he would take out what he wanted to play with and when through would put them back. He LOVED his toys. Never at those though. Just the house in general.:smile:

The things we put up with for our pets...our 4 legged children. Although like your dog, mine was always getting in trouble with my husband. He was much less tolerant than me.

Thanks for sharing your dog story. It brightened my day!:flowerforyou:
    Chiclet
  • westernjoy
    westernjoy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Just a quick post. GD graduating today.Went to my closet to find some nice clothes. Nothing on the hangers. All to big. Had to go to a box with all my to small clothes to find something to wear. Wahoo. I'm thinking I'm gaining muscle but still getting smaller. So tomorrow it is time to take some of those clothes to Gods Closet. A closet for the homeless.
    Joyce
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Hello Lovely Ladies!

:bigsmile: Amanda wow! I love what you wrote, I love that you bought that outfit/jacket (now that Im typing I can't remember exactly what you of bought :blushing: ) anyway I agree that you should treat yourself now to what you want and should be proud of what you have accomplished and how far you have come, and you haven't forgotten the women you once were...you brought tears to my eyes.

Went to PF Change last night, really didn't want to because I was convinced that their was nothing there for me to eat, I had only 600 calories for my dinner, but DH and I looked at the menu before going and went through my favorite chicken dish (Changs spicy chicken)and discovered that if I ate 1/3 of it and 1/2 of the brown rice and 1 dumpling(Lemon Grass chicken steamed dumpling) and 1 cup of the hot and sour soup I would be right under 600 calories (about 527)...and I did and I was actually full...oh and I had a spoonful of my DD and DS 's veggie low mein...but it told me that you really can go out to eat at what I thought was one of those IMPOSSIBLE restaurants and as long as you can find their calories on line and you PRE PLAN...you can do it :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

OK Ladies, have a wonderful day!!

Love Kat :heart: :heart:
  • mynyddisamrs
    mynyddisamrs Posts: 387
    Options
    I hope you're all enjoying your weekend so far !
    Thanks so much for the welcome back messages .....why on earth did I go AWOL again?? ....heaven knows! ...when you're all out there ready to lend an ear and to give those wise words!

Well .....today when I was putting in the exercise log I had to think .......just how do I put in being ..... a "Stripper"?
    Yep the music was fast, the actions were too! So... I must have burned a few calories.
    Things got pretty steamy too.:bigsmile:
    I was up and down that ladder...armed with a palette knife of all things (It did the job!!!)...prizing off the awful paper in the lounge while DH steamed the backing paper. We did half the room and then rewarded ourselves with a dip in the hot tub ....lovely!!! I can't wait to get cracking on the papering as we've had the awful painted paper there for years! Sooo many different coats of paint ...it was there when we moved in ...is it really 10 years ago?

Today...I had a few on line purchases delivered ....sale items, honest! I'm now able to always buy size UK16 but not ready to chance a 14. Maybe by October and the next cruise!!! Don't think DH will be too happy with a load of new purchases though ....never mind!!!

Oh well ..must go now. Tomorrow will bring more decorating and hopefully I'll find time to do some more of my painting ...I'm doing some pictures for the twins' nursery. I usually like to paint when it's sunny, in the conservatory....glass of wine on hand. Tomorrow maybe two out of three .......can't see the sun making an appearance!!:laugh:

BFN
    Take care all.
    Jackie
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :grumble: This week, despite my full intention to hit a loss, ended up a disaster...

so I thought, forget it...I am going to cancel my MFP account. The last thing these ladies need is my lil stories about defeat!!!!:explode: :explode: :explode:

Then I log in and lo and behold JACKIE is writing, and ROBIN is telling a funny story about her BAD lil mutt!!! And Barb, aka AuntieBK writes and I sooo like it when she writes...anything, it does not even matter what...because she is such a reality check for me.

And then a new person called "Jacks97" shows up on the thread who happens to share my birthday (this month). And Chiclet writes, and Viv and Barbie; and then I think of Joyce, Laura, Rose and Amanda and "OMG" my friend Mimi (!!); and I remember the posts of Michele, Kathy and Kackie...

Sigh, sigh...:noway: no way that I can delete my account. I will keep going.

:heart: :heart: Rebel
  • YamRector
    YamRector Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    just to say HELLO...HANG IN THERE! I am doing ok, so far...:flowerforyou:
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    :heart: Rebel... You have to stay. We all need each other. I like this thread because its so honest and newsy. If only the young ones knew what we now know. But of course they won’t even listen. I like that on here we all understand each other and we are all not perfect.
    :laugh: Jackie... ‘stripper’ love it.
    :smile: Kat... well done with the dinner out. I will have to be more mindful of this, and put a little more thought to it when we go out.
    :drinker: Joyce... how wonderful to have to get the small clothes out and I like ‘god’s closet’. I drink god’s wine (water).
    :heart: Chicklet...pets, they are just so lovable, no matter what.
    :flowerforyou: Jaks97... You are eating healthy that’s the main thing and the weight will come off,,, eventually,,, at least that’s what I keep telling myself. I mean really, I have changed my lifestyle so much that it should be dropping off but like you it’s not. I was also thinking of doing low carb to see if that would help. Let’s hope this helps.
    :laugh: Robin... poor Ritter. Don’t you feed him.:laugh: Pets we now have just 1 cat and she rules us. I have so many unfinished projects here. One day it will all get done. (wishful thinking)
    :heart: Laura... Burn The Floor was fabulous. My daughter and I were perched on the edge of a seat all our way through. She loved it and is even more inspired and motivated to reach her dream. To be a Dancer at the Moulin Rouge, Paris. Dinner was not so good, Pizza. Which actually was good, my taste buds had a party.:drinker: But time was short and so we had to choose a cafe close by the theatre and we were all hungry. So basic instincts took over. Feed thy self. Near us were a young couple who enjoyed a large pizza each and entree’s I had noticed. I was sort of envious. Then we soon realised why they could. They were 2 of the dancers in the show and sure would have burned off the calories. My daughter is hoping to go two classes this morning to burn off hers. I will have to work on mine. I was pleased though because not so long ago we would have ordered a large pizza each, last night we shared one between the 3 of us. My husband was with us. He didn’t come to the show but walked off his around the city looking at VIVID a light festival on at the moment.
    What are these 6wk bran muffins you spoke of. I like to cook and am loving doing some healthy dishes.
    PS... I am not a great cook I just like to cook.
    :flowerforyou: Garnet56...welcome. This is a great group and I am so glad that I too found it.
    :heart: Amanda...Thanks for giving me another great reason to lose weight. I can then buy good clothes I intend wearing a long time. I know what you mean about feeling out of place. I have worked in a dance studio as a receptionist for about the last 10 years and felt a fraud and not giving a good message with being obese. But now that is going to change. In fact this week if I am brave enough I am going to do an exercise class with the teenagers. I am still obese. But a little fitter, I know it will be tough but I want to give it a go.
    :smile: :heart: :flowerforyou: Barbie...Weatherproof your workout. I really like that. I believe you should always have a back up plan. Today I hope to move my exercise clothes into the spare bedroom. I started last weekend by clearing out some drawers which still had my daughters school work in them. She left school 3 years ago. I often wake way before my husband especially on weekends his only chance to sleep in and then I am often stuck if I have forgotten to get clothes out the night before. Like today. But that’s the best thing about exercising at home you can wear any old thing. Pj’s etc.

So its Sunday already here in Sydney. I have woken to a cold, dreary, grey, overcast day. I am feeling the cold much more this winter, is it because I am older, or have 21kgs less fat keeping me warm. I wore 2 singlets under my blouse last night and a big warm coat. Singlets :noway: :noway: I never even use to own a singlet, now I love them :heart: and don't know how I got by without them. I think its a sign of age I will soon be asking people "where is that draft coming from?" I am not against old age in fact I love it. I love the freedom it gives you. I love visiting my mum at her nursing home, and seeing her neighbours enjoying their own ways. She is in independent units. But it saddens me when I go into the hostel. A very different story.
    Its a long weekend here, Queens birthday holiday, and the offical start of the Snow seaon. We nearly always stay home to many cars on the roads. My daughter has emailed my mum and asked her if she would like to go for a drive tomorrow. Mum still has her car, but Samara will drive it and most likely take her to the National park and do whale watching. Weather permitting. Oh why does my daughter email her nan you ask, well nan is a bit deaf and refuses to wear her hearing aid, which then makes a phone call long and difficult. Nan is good on the computer. I hope we at least visit my husbands brother sometime today. Might make baked apples to take with us.

Have a great day / night everyone.
    Jenni one of your aussie friends.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is enjoying their week-end.Hubby is sick on antibodic for sinus infection/bronchitis.
    Walked to the pool in our subdivison and did 30 min in the pool.3 months ago,that wouldn`t have happened.
    The knee is getting stronger.been doing pt ex on own as dr and I havent connected with our schedules.
    Welcome to all the newbies and welcome back those who left and came back.
    HUGS
    jane
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: RebelRenny, you can not leave us:frown: . I have been disapearing and returning for 3 years now, and as far as I can remember you have been there giving encouragement to the rest of us.:heart: Whatever is standing in your way, this too will pass and you will be on the road again.:love: I have my 2 year old grandson Conner spending the night and he has wore mommom out. I am going to bed now. Everyone have a great Saturday, Rose :heart: Love ((((HUGS)))) and prayers for all and remember to drink:drinker: drink:drinker: drink:drinker: drink:drinker:drink :drinker: drink:drinker: drink:drinker:drinkdrinker: drink:drinker: drink that water (Drinking all this water...... sometimes I think I should eliminate the middle man and just pour it right in the toilet:laugh:)
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    My dearest Reb,.Ritter is highly offended:angry: that you refered to his pedigreed chocloate Labness, as "mutt" status. I on the other hand would tend to agree. The papers just confuse the issue even more. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: but my oh my is he a love bug.

Robin, Bodi boy and the bad boy Ritter bit.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Amanda, enjoy the new clothing and be grateful for the wherewithal to afford the beautiful things you love. You’ve worked long and hard to achieve this new redesigned body. I don’t have the resources you do for shopping but I have always bought what I like—I’d rather spend twice as much money on each item to have what I want and have half as many clothes but love them all.

:flowerforyou: Laura, I love being home by myself for a few hours at a time but my hubby rarely goes anywhere by himself……occasionally he goes away for a few days but I don’t like having him gone that long.

:flowerforyou: Robin, loved your Ritter story and it reminded me of some to the stuff that Shilo (the Golden Retriever) and Brandy and Sasha (the poodles ) did when they were puppies.

:flowerforyou: Chiclet, I loved your dog stories, too.

:flowerforyou: Joyce, congrats on the smaller clothes

:flowerforyou: Kat, great restaurant planning

:laugh: :laugh: Jackie, how many calories did you burn being a “stripper” LOL

:flowerforyou: :heart: Rebel, please don’t leave……it would take so much time for us to track you down and drag you back….you are part of the family and we’d miss you……oh, and never, never, never give up.

:flowerforyou: Jenni, since I lost weight I have been extra cold so I bought long underwear, wool socks, fleece jackets to wear around the house and I put an extra blanket on my side of the bed. I knitted wool hats and scarves to match all my coats.

:bigsmile: Jane, glad to hear more progress on the recovery of your knee.

:flowerforyou: Rose, you are so right about the water. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

:bigsmile: The rain has stopped so I got to work in the yard again today….I limit my time because so much of it requires kneeling and bending and I don’t want to do something bad to my back….so I alternate digging with carrying rocks and walking dogs and it seems to work well for me.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington
    81824br5uyrfrsr.gif
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    Hi Everyone

Had a nice relaxing day at home with my husband watching movies. We love spending our time together whether inside the house or outside the house. My ribs are feeling a lot better since I separated them a couple of weeks ago. Can't wait to get back to exercising more. I'm continuing to do my stretching and riding my recumbent stationary bike. As soon as my rib is totally mended, we are going to try swimming. I hope that I can make it in and out of the pool! Hope that I don't get burned in this Arizona sun! I'm definitely going to wear a tshirt over my swim suit and plenty of sunscreen! I use to love swimming so much when my husband and I were first together!

Had a great few days. I have become addicted to those Atkin's day break banana-strawberry protein shakes! I have to limit myself to just one a day lol. I would rather drink one of those than eat! If only water tasted like that, I would be so happy :)

I got a new pair of capris today size 14! I can't wait to get rid of this belly.... that is my biggest problem area:(
    I'm hoping to be down to my first BIG goal weight by the end of the year.

Thanks for the compliment about my socks and thanks for all the congratz on my weight loss. I'm at about 112 pounds lost now from my highest weight.

Wishing everyone luck and hoping everyone's relatives recover who are ill or injured. So many people on here now! Best of luck to you all.

Tria
  • Skyecath
    Skyecath Posts: 33
    Options
    Good morning Ladies

Just having a lazy Sunday morning lay in catching up with all the posts. It took me ages to find my last post - is there an easy way to find it?

I'm afraid I haven't been too good with my food, quite a few extras have been creeping in, we've been eating with friends quite a bit and the wine always flows, even just a couple of glasses adds up to quickly.

We've had beautiful weather for a few weeks now, the jubilee weekend was so sunny and hot here, I felt so sorry for everyone in London with all the celebrations in the rain.

We've had eggs in the incubator again and over the last few days have had lots of new arrivals, 10 ducklings and 2 chicks so far, they are so cute! Winston is now 6 weeks old and very much a house duck, he follows me all over and makes a lot of noise if we leave him on his own, it's like having a toddler again. Our two Welsh Harlequin ducks have taken a dislike to him (or her, we still don't know) and chase him quite viciously so they have to take turns being in the garden.

Well, busy day ahead, pond cleaning and duckling photos and the Canadian Grand Prix to watch tonight.

Cath x