WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2012

Options

Replies

• kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday, Dear Ladies,

Oh, I love reading the posts and today, as I was QUICKLY skimming some of them, I came upon The STRIPPER... to fast music...and it getting kind of STEAMy..... Well...I had to S-L-O-W down and read more slowly.:tongue::tongue: Too funny! You have a great way of making a tough job sound...well...not so tough:flowerforyou:

Tria: I am glad to know your name. And I really like it! You are doing great...congratulations again, and keep up the awesome work!

Amanda: I'm with you about buying one or 2 (or 3 or 4) very nice things...instead of many less-than-great things. You have to post a photo of yourself in your lovely new jacket! I am sure you look lovely in it and you certainly deserve something nice after all of your hard work to get where you are. I loved reading about your "journey" and still being who you were. Thank you for sharing.

Rebel: You KNOW you have to stay here!!! We all go and come....well SOME of us go and come...but we DO NEED EACH OTHER on this journey. And WE need YOU:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Barbie: Some of the best advice you have given or at least that resonated with me, was to keep an open mind here. I think we all start out here just wanting to lose some weight and it's all about the scale. Over time, I think most of us find that there is more to learn and we begin to define our success less by the scale and more by other things, like real fitness, a healthier diet, more energy, a better nights sleep, being accountable, clothes that fit..etc. Thank you for all of your gentle guidance!:flowerforyou:

Robin: Oh, you have had quite a time with your Ritter, haven't you? I think any of us who have dogs, and ESPECIALLY Labs, can relate! When I was first out of college and living in a house with 2 other girlfriends, I bought my very first real "bed" with my first paycheck. (well...it took more than one paycheck...but) I picked out a lovely mahogony 4 poster bed so that I could put my grandmothers' hand tatted dust ruffle on it. I loved that she had made it for me and wanted an elegant bed to put it on. Well...I also had a Black Lab Puppy at the time and because he barked when I went to work and annoyed the neighbors if left in his fenced yard, I decided to leave him in my bedroom while I was teaching. :explode: :explode: :explode: You can imagine my HORROR when I returned home to find....my lovely hand-made dust ruffle absolutely chewed up AS WELL as the legs on my new bed gnawed upon and looking like something I picked up from the dump:explode: :explode: :explode: Well, it was a lesson for me about puppies and also a lesson about what is important and what's not. Still...I wish I still had the hand made dust ruffle from my darling Grandmother:sad: Good luck!

JF Jen: Oh, your evening with your daughter sounds so nice! And, YES, do the exercise class with the teenagers! Why not? I realize now that no one cares what anyone else looks like...they are probably only worried about how they look. Good for you!

Jane: Oh, I am so happy to hear about you walking to the pool and the time spent there. I am so happy for your progress:flowerforyou:

Rose: Enjoy your Conner...they can wear you out, though, can't they? Thanks for your upbeat postings...I always enjoy them!

Cath: Isn't it amazing how easily the little extras can creep into our day...especially when friends are around? I do not think I will ever be at a point where I don't have to struggle with it! Enjoy your little chicks and don't work too hard:drinker:

Oh, I didn't take notes, and I meant to, but am thinking of each of you and hoping you have a good rest of your weekend!

DH is back on pain meds for his back but at least his MRI was normal. I was so fearful they had left a fragment and would have to operate again. But he is a bit more relaxed with the medicine, but so frustrated that his recovery is SO slow. They also told him to hold off on the Physical Therapy for a while as it seemed to make his back worse. :grumble: :grumble: I feel a bit guilty each day as I head off for my walk or other exercise. He is NOT used to being still. Poor baby:cry:

:heart: :heart: Kackie
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful Sunday morning it is here in Rhode Island. I am feeling better. I went to my strength training class (it is a very small class and the trainer knows us all well) and iced and elevated my knee afterwards. My weight is beginning to go down again so that feels better. I am not to where my tracker is but I am better so I will be good with that. I will still keep my appointment with the Ortho doc because it still is swelling. So frustrating but in the big picture, I am fine.

I'll be back when I have more time later.
    Have a great day!!

Sally
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies.

I hope you have a stupendous splendid super duper Sunday,
  • mynyddisamrs
    mynyddisamrs Posts: 387
    Options
    Yeh!!! .......Burning more decorating calories today! I'm taking a breather.:laugh: DH is steaming away as I post!

I've just logged my food ...and have now realised I forgot the chicken bit of the salad for dinner ...dizzy or what?? DH did tell me that my on line alzheimers test popped up the other week but he deleted it ...should go back and find it methinks!! I did pass it last time but sometimes I do worry!!:heart: My dear mum was quite sharp 'til her late 70's so there's hope for me!! She was blissfully ignorant of her condition when she passed away last year.

My stripping was very nicely interrupted by a visit of the twins while mum, dad and sister went shopping, brother (13)now deems he's too old to accompany them!!. I just HAD to have a cuddle didn't I!!! They've just had their 8 week check and all seems well ...as I said they seem soooo small!! all the other granchildren have been 8 -10lbs!!! such a great excuse to stop work don't you think?

Another thing I "Forgot" was that it's Fathers day next Sunday! I organised a restaurant "Mystery Shop" visit. DH pointed out that it would probably be "heaving" with dutiful offspring and it would be better to change the day. Easier said than done but I think I may have managed it! Anyone else do "Mystery Shopping"??

I hope you've enjoyed your weekend so far ....still a few hours to go!! Have a great week too.

:flowerforyou: Rebel ....hang on in here!! It is sooo nice to see others don't YoYo like me! the guilt motivates me!! I just love reading all the posts.

BFN
    Jackie
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies

Just a quick note today to say
    Thank you all for being here and being a part of my life!

This has probably been one of the most stressful weeks in a long time! The AC went out in one of my shops (and this week its going to be in the 110"s here) and its going to take 4 weeks to get a new one in because of the size and its commercial and they don't just have those things laying around, they have to be ordered :explode: , we are still fighting with the Homeowners Assoc. regarding what color we want to paint the exterior of our home :explode: , DH is having problems with his recording studio which causes stress, both kids are home from college which is always wonderful but also changes the dynamics of the household (later nights, coming in and out, etc) = more stress, toilet went out in one of the shops and one of the employees decided to turn the water on when we had turned it off because they didn't want to use the customer toilet and the employee toilet was running for a week so we got a notice from the water company that we had used 80,000 gallons of water and our bill was 8 times the normal amount :explode: :explode: :explode:

Soooooo its been a hellava week!!!!!

Then Sunday comes along and I sit here at my kitchen table with my cappuccino (1% milk of course!) and just de-stress reading all of your posts! I laugh, I cry, I disappear into all of your homes, London, Australia, Phoenix, PNW, anywhere but here with all my problems and issues!

So thank you all for being here for me today!!!!!

Sometimes as Kacky says its not just about the food!

With all my love and appreciation this Sunday :heart: :heart: :heart:

Love
    Kat :flowerforyou:
  • reachoutsgirl
    reachoutsgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Glad to see the Topic 50+,since menopause has arrived I have more difficulty staying motivated and losing weight. I am hoping after reading some of the encouraging post they will help.
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Glad to see the Topic 50+,since menopause has arrived I have more difficulty staying motivated and losing weight. I am hoping after reading some of the encouraging post they will help.

Reachoutsgirl- Don't feel like the Lone Ranger on this! I too am in the same boat (as it seems alot of us are) with menopause trying to foil my weight loss effort! We just need to hang tough!

SallyCC-I have my share of knee problems and am striving to lose some weght before my knee replacement so am encouraged by your perseverance as well!

Ok everyone-true confession time-today is my first day since joining, a week ago, that I have not logged my food because I started the day out horribly-with sugar loaded.....so yes I feel guilty, but no, thanks to everyone's support, encouragement and kindness, I will not let this defeat me. Tomorrow is a new day-with much better choices!
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday morning, my dears. :happy:

I am back home from another four day visit with my parents. The scale this morning read three (3!) pounds heavier than the day I left. :blushing: Oh dear, oh dear. I am telling myself it can't be true, there's no way I ate 10,500 (if there are 3,500 calories in a pound) of extra food. Mum and I both track our food and take portion control seriously. On the other hand...I don't get much exercise when I am there, and I did drink far too much wine.

Yesterday, the drive home, was a complete write off in terms of exercise and food choices. Really. :noway: I am surprised at myself. I decided to take the road down the Okanagan Valley, rather than the back road through the mountains. This took me right through the middle of "Wine Country". I stopped at two wineries to taste and purchased a few bottles for my wine rack. It was really fun. Leaving the "Blasted Church" winery I go lost on the back roads and ended up on the wrong side of the lake - back in the town I'd driven through and hour and a half earlier. Ate ice cream at Dairy Queen for lunch and drank wine with DH when I got home. Really not smart. But fun. :love:

Next week DH has to be in Calgary for the "Petroleum Show" and I am going along for the distraction. J'boy will stay with friends here. There is a fitness centre in the hotel and a fridge in the room, so I can be right on track all the time. :smile: Perhaps I'll make more progress toward my 24 hours of exercise in the month of June goal. I can start going for walks now, still wearing the walking cast but able to put weight on my foot.

Kat, your story of weight loss relieving osteoarthritis is inspiring me. :drinker: Every ounce or gram I take off my feet must be one less strain on my bones, perhaps I won’t have to two foot surgeries! I am just over 5’1” and my goal weight is to stay between 115-119 pounds.

Jen, how did the family reunion go? I hope it was full of fun and :love:

Kathy, plantlady, I enjoyed the image you created for me with your story of taking the kids to the Museum of Fine Arts. I agree that fine arts are important, and students love the chance to learn how to express themselves in new ways.

Liselyn, your bike ride sounds lovely - and you’re not the only one with young(ish) boys still at home. Mine’s 14. We call him “the bonus baby” :laugh: because he was born when I was 40 and is 11 years younger than his sister.

YamRector, welcome, you’re in the right place for support and encouragement.

Barbie – “weatherproof your workout”. Very, very wise indeed! Always have a back-up plan.

Amanda, your designer jacket sounds lovely. :drinker: When talking herself (and me) into buying better quality clothing my mother says, “cost per wear, think about cost per wear”… Which is was you’re doing too! I love good clothes. :ohwell: Thank you for sharing your thinking about how you have changed, on the outside, over the years, and still hang on to the good qualities that are constant in yourself. I may have to put that in my quote book.

Rebel Renny, you just hang in here. :flowerforyou: I would miss your posts a lot.

Jane I am delighted to hear you can a: walk to the pool and b: spend 30 minutes in the pool and c: (which you didn’t mention but must have done) walk home again. Well done! :drinker:

OK, DH took great care of the house work while I was gone so there are no big chores to do, but I want to putter around and get the feeling of "home" before we leave again tomorrow. I'd for my workout now, but DH likes to go later when the pool is open so he can go in the hot tub and steam room after his workout. I don't mind waiting.

Hasta pronto, dearies. My next post will be from Calgary - Petroleum Capital of Canada! (Doesn't that sound thrilling? :noway: )

Nancy
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Good Monday Morning to you all.
    It's cold and very wet. Think I will make a pot of vegetarian chilli.
    Had a bad night last night with not being able to sleep. Ended up on the couch. It happens too often lately. So tired but struggle to fall asleep. Sometimes I will lay there for hours. Would be fine if I could then sleep in but that doesn't happen either . Oh well, there are worse problems to have.
    Enjoy your day/night wherever you are.
    Jenni,Sydney Australia
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good evening ladies, I had intended to respond to everyone today but it just too darn hot up in my computer room:angry: . I think I might have to move my computer down stairs.:bigsmile:
    :heart: Today was a joyful day spent with the grands at the Salisbury, Maryland ZOO. It's not a big zoo but it has some interesting sight. We especially enjoyed the bear, alligators, flamingos and prairie dogs. After we got home and the kids woke up from their naps they went swimming in the pool and we had a cookout with hot dogs, hamburgers and watermelon, I ate a big salad, some fresh kale out of the garden and watermelon. Going down stairs and do Leslie Sansone 2 mile, take a shower and go to bed. Everyone have a wonderful week. With all this hot weather everyone please remember to :drinker: drink ::drinker: drink:drinker: drink:drinker: drink:drinker: drink:drinker: drink:drinker: drink:drinker: that water heart: Love ((((HUGS)))) and prayers for all, Rose
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Michele,
    I hand quilt, but haven't done much for the last 10 years or so.I am looking forward to retirement in a few years and want to reconnect with old hobbies as well as add new ones.
    This group is great!You all make me more motivated to get in all of the exercise I can.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,381 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of hulahoop on the Wii today and then about 20 minutes of stretching. Tomorrow I'll do yoga and then take the extremepump class.

Supposed to go with a gal from the Newcomers to see a play. Don't know how she wants to meet up, tho. She has cancer and was taking some sort of drug that really played havoc with her emotions, she'd get really really nasty at times. I just let it roll off my shoulders, but evidentally some people didn't. She's a nice gal, tho. Update: She just called. We're going to meet at the theater, which is fine by me because she was initially talking about going out to eat before or after which meant that I couldn't preplan my meals. Update to update: We went to the play. I thought it would be better, but it's not like I lost a whole lot of money.

garnet - welcome. Is your birthday in January maybe? Oh, the weight comes on so very easily and seems to take forever to come off. It does -- eventually. But it can be so frustrating because it takes so long

Susan - keep logging in here and you'll be getting more support than you know what to do with!

Laura I'm an only child, too, but for the most part, I love being with other people. Occasionally, I want to be alone, but not that much.

xaviera - Sometimes I find it so frustrating when you go to the store. Everything seems to be fat free, but low sodium? Hard to find. Right now I'm looking for the Sargento low sodium shredded cheddar cheese. No one sells it, yet they have rows and rows of the low fat stuff

Joyce - doesn't it feel so great to find your clothes are too big? Now just donate them all

Rebel - don't you DARE cancel your MFP account. Phew! Just finished reading your post, you changed your mind. That's a wonderful thing!

Jenni - if you think your one cat rules you, can you imagine what our four cats do to us???? I have a sign that says "if you want the best seat in the house, move the cat". Only I don't even move the cat! Oh, and we don't feed our cats either, they're poor starving things....lol. I was wondering about the bran muffins myself. Sure hope Laura posts the recipe. I do find that having less body fat, I get colder faster. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if that's the reason you're cold.

banded - congrats on the capris! Some of the colors are so nice, it makes me sad that I can't wear capris

I wasn't so good with my food yesterday. Normally, I would have had some air popped popcorn or something like that to munch on while I was putting away the pizza and cookies, but I didn't know if or when Lynette would return (she didn't), so I didn't do that but instead had some of the pizza. Can't wait for Vince to finish the slices that I like.

Kat - even tho our HOA is quite laid back, Vince said that yesterday we got a notice that some of the homeowners aren't living up to the covenants, some have too many vehicles in their yard (I know who this is), but they also mentioned not keeping your yard's maintained. I know that ours isn't well maintained at all and wonder if he's thinking of us. Then again, he knows that we'll be installing the pool. I think Vince is just going to send him an email and remind him that we'll be installing the pool and until then, it really isn't worth it to have a real neat yard since trucks etc will just be ripping it up. We do maintain the front yard, tho

kathy - I've found that when I think I've done really badly, I still log my food and many times I find that I haven't done as badly as I thought I had. There have been times when I've had horrible foods early in the a.m. but by logging I can usually compensate later in the day. Don't let a bad start to the day deter you from logging. Log anyway...and you might wind up surprising yourself!

Yesterday while I was at the farmer's market, I came across this "wine jelly". It just seemed so different that I had to buy it. I'll give one jar each to each of the kids. Admitted, it wasn't exactly cheap (nothing at the farmer's market is), but it WAS something different. One of the advantages of going early in the day is that I get my pick of what they have.

Nancy - have a good time in Calgary

yoyonomore - My aunt used to hand quilt. That is such a wonderful thing. Machine quilting is so 'blah". Her stitches were really really small.

Going to take a shower, watch some TV, then get to bed. Hope everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Tria, I lost weight using the Isagenix program that includes meal replacement shakes and I’d rather have one of them than eat so I understand what you’re saying about your protein shakes. Congrats on the weight you’ve lost so far. I’ll be cheering you on as you get back to more exercise and keep on dropping those pounds.

:flowerforyou: Cath, there’s no easy way to find your last post, just scrolling back ‘til you get there……it’s an incentive to post more often so you don’t have to go back so far……your chicks and ducklings sound great

:flowerforyou: Kackie, thank you for your kind words……so much of what I’ve shared has been stuff that I learned on MFP or that I learned by reading books that were recommended by women on this thread….I’ve shared what I learned because I want to write about something and my daily life is so much the same day to day that I needed something else to say….I know that I am powerless over the scale, but I am not powerless over my behaviors and attitudes so I have to focus on the things I can change.

:flowerforyou: Robin, when Shilo, the Golden Retriever, was a puppy she chewed up something I knitted, a pair of beaded earrings made by a friend, the logs of a pine bureau, and the molding around the door in the dining room. Sasha chewed a twenty five dollar hard back library book and one of Jake’s expensive bedroom slippers. :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Sally, glad to hear the news is better.

:flowerforyou: Jackie, when you said DH was steaming, I thought you meant he was upset about your online purchases :laugh: and then I realized you meant he was steaming the wallpaper.

:flowerforyou: Kat, you are so right about this thread being a great way to relieve stress.

:flowerforyou: Nancy, your travels are through are part of North America that people dream about seeing and save for years to get to. You are very fortunate to be taking your trips……..I think Dairy Queen and wine country are the culprits in the bad numbers on the sca:laugh: le although I doubt that it’s actually weight gain and you’ll be back to normal in a few days.

:flowerforyou: Jenni, when I can’t sleep, I read until I fall asleep or if I don’t fall asleep, at least I’ve accomplished something.

:flowerforyou: Rose, what fun to go to the zoo. I haven’t been to the zoo in years. We live two hours from the nearest zoo.

:flowerforyou: Michele, while I was reading your post, I noticed that when Jake got up from the recliner to talk on the phone, Bernie got into his warm spot and took over the chair……yes, the cat always finds the best seat in the house.:laugh:

:flowerforyou: Today is Isagenix cleanse day so Jake and I are taking it sort of easy. I walked the dogs this morning, as usual. Then I worked on my yard project for awhile while Jake worked on his painting the fence project. By noon we were back in the house to watch movies and do the laundry. We’ll go to bed early even though it doesn’t get dark here until after 9:30. Brandy, Sasha, and Bernie love it when we stay home and watch TV. They stay close to us.

:flowerforyou: One of the deer in our neighborhood has a new fawn and she has brought the fawn close to us when we walk the dogs in the meadow. Sasha and Brandy would like to get closer but we keep our distance. We’re close enough to see them well but not close enough to take a picture with the camera on the phone.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,213 Member
    Options
    Wow! Hearing about Kat's stressful week, Jackie's stripping, Nancy's big drive (with bonus wine and dairy queen) and everyone's busy times with bad dogs and great grandchildren, I'm tired and ready to go to bed!

It has been an exceptionally peaceful day here -- sunny and warm, plenty of time for thinking, exercising, reading, and even getting housework done. DH and DS went and did yard work for a rather "special" person I know and got home exhausted and cranky. Luckily a good dinner fixed them up!

DD called homesick and hungry from BC (wish she were closer to you, Nancy!) and it felt good to talk her off her anxiety, convince her to get to the grocery store and put some nourishing food in her stomach. She did not inherit my tendency to overeat when anxious, but sometimes I think it's worse to be unable to eat when feeling stressed. I guess it's hopeless! We all figure it out in the end, but it's hard work.

I wish all of you a wonderful Sunday night and Monday morning. Another week!

liselyn
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    I'm so exhausted today so going to turn in early. We dug out my old bathing suit which I have not used since I have become disabled. I have decided to try to go swimming and hope that I don't get stuck in the pool! Really looking forward to this... I use to love swimming but when it got to the point that I could not go up and down steps, then I couldn't go:(

Thanks everyone for the kind words:)

Hi Barbiecat, Love your cat photo:) We have four cats ourselves. The one on my profile is no longer with us:( We still miss our four "late" cats terribly.

Exermom: how come you can't wear capris? I got this beautiful capri blue color. I LOVE anything blue:) So how is your life going? What fitness "game" do you use to hula hoop on the wii? LOL, that sounds potentially fun!

YoyoMom: Good luck with resuming your quilting hobby. I love handmade quilts and use to collect them a lot time ago. I still have a couple:)

Laurel: Glad you had a great time with the kids and had a fun cookout! It's so hot here and I really miss cookouts. We use to cookout all the time during the summer when I lived in Houston but now that I live here, it's too danged hot! lol.

SkyeCath: How are your new chicks and ducks? I really would love to have a hen house and raise a few chicks and have them for eggs. We have talked about it but would want someplace safe to keep them away from the rattlers, coyotes, foxes and bobcats out here in our area. I can't really do much so would put all the work on my husband:( Would love to see photos of your new "babies"

Kackie: How your husband's back heals soon and he has no residual pain. I can totally empathize with living with chronic back pain tho mine is mainly neurological.

Kath: Hope everything calms down. Maybe go and get a message or do something to help destress? Sometimes you have to put yourself first, right? Saying a prayer for you too!

Praying for everyone that has sick or injured relatives or family (self). Gotta go, can't feel my silly fingers today. Sorry if I made too many typos~

Goals for this week:
    Try to go swimming by Sunday to increase my exercise and have more fun!
    keep logging my diet
    Start on the 17 day diet tomorrow!
    Try to log in here even if to just say "hi"

Glad to have met you ladies!

Tria (my real name is Trish but have used Tria online for over a decade)
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    No time but wanted to say hi. I haven't even read posts for a week. I survived directing a music camp at church this week; had 18 kids ages 3 to 10. They performed this morning. We are leaving on our big Alaska trip in the morning, and I am staying up all night trying to get ready. We should be back about August 3rd. I will try to pop in occasionally when we have wifi at a campground. Have a great summer! I will miss you! Mary
  • lilylight
    lilylight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi, y'all. I"m a newbie -- just finished my fifth day -- so at this point my June goals are fairly simple:

---Meet all my food and exercise goals every day
    ---Go to my Pilates class that I signed up for -- 2 x a week
    ---Walk vigorously on the other days... and start integrating in some jogging, if it feels right.

We'll see how it goes!
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday,

Hello all. I imagined that when I stepped on the scale today that 3 pounds would have magically melted away, but it's still registering. :sad: Darn. A month to loose it and three days to gain it back. OK, now I know I'll be concentrating on diet and exercise while I'm in Calgary.

I had a good workout at the gym yesterday. I'm doing push ups by balancing myself on an exercise ball. The further forward I roll (putting more of my body off the ball) the closer I get to the "real thing". It looks very dramatic! I worry about rolling right off and slamming myself onto the floor. Oh well, it would not be the most embarrassing :blushing: thing I've done in the gym.

Must go and make J'boy's breakfast, won't see him again until Friday.

Jen, when I can’t sleep I listen to books or podcasts on my iPod. Not anything too exciting, though!:wink: It puts me to sleep in no time.

“I am powerless over the scale, but I am not powerless over my behaviours and attitudes…” Thank-you, Barbie!

Liselyn, Is your daughter up in Prince George?

Trish, AKA Tria, AKA BandedTriaRN, good for you to brave the swimming pool. :flowerforyou: Have fun, and keep me posted on your progess.

Mary, I hope you will be able to post occasionally while you are on your trip. I am looking forward to Alaska Highway stories.

Hasta pronto,

Nancy
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good Monday morning from sunny Portland :love:

The weekend was pretty darned nice! The scale went up a pound but that's ok, it'll go away this week as I attempt to reach my goal of 65. Still not certain if I'll set my goal to lose another 10, I might take a break for the summer and just practice maintenance. I'm still doing SWSY strength training twice a week, starting to feel a lot stronger. Aiming to burn 400-500 calories a day with walking, jogging, aerobics and whatever else I can cram in there before going to work in the afternoons. Dog walking twice a day now that it's staying light so late, which I love, and of course the doggies do, too.

Wishing you all a great week, don't forget to eat those salads! :wink:

:bigsmile: jb
  • paulipet
    paulipet Posts: 70
    Options
    Hello. This is my first day (well afternoon really) and I already love all the notice boards and was especially happy to find this one. My goal for June is just to force myself to get up a bit earlier in the mornings (now that they are so nice and bright so early here in Northern Ireland) and go for a walk - even if it is just for 20 minutes to start with. I would take my little dog (see photo) but she hates exercise even more than I do! :happy:

I hope to be chatting to you all lots and lots over the months to come.
    Pauli