WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2012

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: just before I got the Senior Center where I am teaching the line dance class for my friend, I found out that her husband died yesterday. We had class as usual and she showed up for a few minutes and accepted hugs from everyone. She had come to the Senior Center where her husband was well known to start the planning for a celebration of life for him next month. She asked me to keep teaching the class for awhile..

I took a break today from posting food and exercise and didn't wear my HRM.....it felt very strange.

:bigsmile: I knew I wasn't the only person who liked playing with rocks and rearranging them......when the project is complete, I'll post some pictures.:bigsmile:

:yawn: :yawn: :heart: :heart: Barbie from NW Washington
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,381 Member
    Options
    Jen - doing more sets of weights with fewer reps builds strength. Doing more sets with lighter weights builts endurance. Really, you should strive for both. Maybe do one day with lighter weights and one with heavier? Is there a reason why you shouldn't use dumbbells on a kettlebell DVD? I've heard both sides. What are your thoughts? Anyone else? Those of you who have personal trainers, would you mind asking him/her for me?

Kat - happy birthday to your dh!

barbie - for your rock project, what kind of liner are you using on the ground before putting the rocks on top of it? How long does it last? The people before us did some landscaping (I suspect they did the barest minimum needed to sell the house) and already the liner beneath the mulch under the deck is ripping and all sorts of weeds are coming thru. We're going to have to redo it and I'd like to put down something that will last more than a few years.

Will do deep water aerobics today and then tomorrow will do a Jari Love Get ripped 1000 DVD. The reason I'm doing this DVD tomorrow is because I got it at Amazon and I'm supposed to write a review. I've done it, but that was before they asked for a review. Now I have to remember what it was like....lol

Then Fri I'm going to the Y to do some incline intervals and HIIT. Vince ordered this canopy-thing for over the grill which will most likely be delivered Friday.

Cath - congrats to your dd. What is her degree in?

chicklet - Yes, I feel like I was treated as a "back up plan". But Vince is real good friends with Ken, and I know Lynette and she REALLY overthinks some things, so for now I'm just going to let this one go. But if there is ever a next time, I will definitely say something to the effect that I want to be sure that I'm needed and not just a backup plan. Truthfully, I don't think we would have needed to leave their house as early as Lynette wanted to leave, their flight is at 3:30, it takes an hour to get to the airport, it doesn't take 2 more hours to go thru security, etc. But that's Lynette, she wants to be early. Oh well.... Congrats on the big pants!!!!

Well, the company was here. **** and Karen brought beer. I'm not a beer drinker so I'm glad that I made ice tea. Unfortunately, I had two pieces of the banana chocolate cake. But the good news is that we didn't have the wine that I had alloted in the calories, so it was about a wash. I had lobster, sweet potato and a corn on the cob, then a piece of banana chocolate cake for dessert. But, unfortunately, I had another piece later in the evening while I was cleaning up. I also did have 1/2 cup of cherries. Out of the 12 lobster tails that I got, only 3 were left, 2-1/2 of 4 white potatoes and 2-1/2 of 4 sweet potatoes, about 6 of 12 ears of corn and about half of the beer bread.

Tomorrow is the last crochet class for the summer and we're going out to lunch. I already know that they have this grilled tilapia and I'll get steamed veges and mixed fruit.

Almost forgot to mention, after senior bowling (I did reasonably well), came home and Loki had another seizure. At first I thought he was trying to get a fly or something the way he was flailing around. Then he lost some fur and I just happened to have the dustbuster in my hand so I picked it up. The Dustbuster didn't bother him at all. Right now we have the door to the basement closed as we want to keep an eye on him. If he were to go downstairs and something happened, we wouldn't see (or probably hear) it. Don't know what's causing this. Remember he had two a few months ago? Well, this time I am worried but I'm not feeling as stressed as I did then.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Just a quick howdy do :smile:

Busy days lately, gardens are pumping out vegs like nobody's business. The butterhead lettuce is outta this world. :love: Peas, beets, chard, spinach, celery, carrot, Walla Walla sweet onions, all coming home almost daily. I'm turning into a vegetable, I think! :laugh:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: I reached my goal the other day, 65 lbs lost!! :drinker: :drinker: Not sure if I'll aim for another 10 lbs or just learn to maintain for the rest of the year. Just pondering on it for the time being.

I took a week off from SWSY, need to get back to it. Been doing a bit of jogging, and walking doggies more than usual. They love it. I need it. :smile:

Everyone take care,

:flowerforyou: jb
  • moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thank you exermom, I think I will try to find my own pace and just build up more slowly! Barbie how funny to see you doing squats and lunges whilst out with the dog! I get quite excited when I see a challenge in the forum, but I think a lot of my failures at keeping fit and losing weight in the past have been by trying too hard. Just my nature to think "all or nothing". Now on the scenic route and that seems to suit me better. Keep up the good work ladies.
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies

Can't believe how close we are to July. Did I blink and miss June?

I had a little procedure on Tuesday to have a couple of little 'things' on my face removed and checked for skin cancer. I had a melanoma on my hand a decade ago and now take even more care. As a natural redhead with fair skin and freckles, I'm more prone to sun sensitivity and have to wear high factor sunblock all the time (yes, even in wet and wintery weather - it's just a part of my routine to slap it on all over). Hopefully it will come back as all clear, but much better to get these things checked out.

I'm not sure what it wrong with me but I'm feeling extremely down the last few days. It's such a good job that I'm now teetotal, as my history indicates that I would have been drowning my sorrows once upon a time. It doesn't help that I'm having to forego much exercise at present (although I try to walk as much as possible) due to my arthritic flare up in my knee. Add to that the fact that the painkillers cause constipation and I'm feeling pretty much like rubbish right now.

Stop moaning Amanda! You don't have it bad at all! (Well, that told me!!)

I hope everyone is doing well. I apologise that I'm not posting much in the way of personal responses to everyone at present - normal service will be resumed shortly when I have my head back in the game.

Hugs to you all.
    Love
    Amanda x
  • moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your procedures tiarapants, better to be dealt with though. You can get some pretty good over the counter laxative, it's a liquid, sugary based but I can't remember the name. Those painkillers can be a right pain!!!! Anyway maybe that would help cause if your system isn't being efficient it can drain the energy. Hope you are back to yourself soon. What adorable twins.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    Thursday already. The week has just evaporated. Maybe that's due to the heat here in the Midwest (U.S.).

Going to join some friends for breakfast this morning. Well, they'll eat, I'll have coffee and a little baggie of pistachios I'll take with me. I'm celiac and have many other foods in addition to gluten that I have to avoid. Sooo, to feel well AND enjoy my friends' company this is my compromise. Thankfully they are now used to me and my quirks. It use to cause problems---they were always trying to get me to eat something (maybe so they'd feel better about what they were eating?).

I hope everyone will have a healthy day.

**Amanda** please feel better. The grandchildren are lovely. Another idea for *going* is to have a smoothie and add a bit of chia seed to it. Oh man, that stuff is lethal! :-}

Next :drinker:

Lin
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

How has everyone done on their goals? I've gotten in all of my water, not so good on the exercise, I injured my foot and it hasn't quite healed yet, and my knee gives me a fit every once in awhile, my goal is to just keep trying.

Suz - glad you're feeling better from surgery. Sorry about the bee sting on the ear....ouch!

Laura - congrats on reaching your healthy BMI!!! Stay safe there in Co. Those fires sounds scary.

Cath - glad you didn't need a root canal!!! I've had 2 and I never want another one!!!

Jb2011 - congrats on reaching your goal, that's fantastic!!!

Amanda - sorry you're feeling down right now, it happens to us all. I too slap sunscreen all over myself everyday, I had a skin cancer removed last year from my chest, scary. I go twice a year now for body checks, my appt. Is coming up next month.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!!!

Hugs to all,
    DeeDee:drinker:
  • jb_2011
    Options
    I finally spit out some words about reaching my goal. What a journey!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jb_2011/view/goal-65-lbs-gone-285902

Have a happy day, everyone, the sun's shining bright here in Portland.

jb:flowerforyou:
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Lovely Thursday,

Colorado is down to 4 active fires, which is a good thing, still can't see the mountains all the time but they do peek through every now and then when we get some wind, which isn't good for the fires. :grumble: I heard that some people in the Highland Park fire in the north are getting to go home (around 700) but that in the south Waldo Canyon Fire more are expected to be evacuated, we could sure use a good soaking rain in the whole state.

Robin- I'll be watching for that picture of Olivia...I'm always interested in seeing what little girls look like since we have sooo many boys in our family:wink:

rp-glad that you have reclaimed you weight to before camp numbers....you are sure to make some downward numbers with your determination:drinker:

Nanacy- So many times you inspire us to get up and get moving....so glad that after reading the posts you too were off to do some exercise...hang in there...you know you will be glad you did it afterwards:drinker:

Cath-well your dentist experience sounds like it was better than anticipated and for that I'm glad (I have such a fear of the dentist):flowerforyou: What a hubby you have making salmon risotto for you:love:

Chiclet- isn't it amazing how quickly we can fall into bad habits:noway: I know that I thought that being on MFP for a year would teach me all I needed and then when I didn't log for 2011 I found out that I had learned NOTHING:blushing: and am back for a second round...I am hoping that I am learning the lesson this time. So we will be watching for your posts on a more regular basis, sorry that you are still having issues with your Mom but you know we are here to listen and encourage you:flowerforyou:

Kackie- how thoughtful of you helping prep for the all guys weekend. So will you do something special for yourself will the guys are having their party?:huh:

Jen- we all deal with irritating people no matter what kind of job we have. Some days I'm so ready to deck my boss:explode: because he just doesn't understand some of the things I do....but I figure if I hope and pray long enough someday I can retire and this will all be just a bad dream behind me:wink:

jane- your pt with weights and water...sounds like you are making good prgress:flowerforyou:

Barbie- so sorry for your friends loss. Glad you are there to keep her class going, what a good friend you are.:flowerforyou: You doing your rock work reminds me of when my parents had bought a cabin in the San Bernardino Mountains (I was in jr high) and Dad had decided he wanted to build a rock wall around the edge of the property and around the tree in the front as well as a rock path to the front door. He worked on it all summer long, he was a teacher and had summer off, and by the time school was to start he had completed the rock wall around the edge of the property...gives me a smile to remember ...I do miss my Dad:flowerforyou:

Michele- poor Loki, hope that it's nothing serious. Having company and trying to eat according to plan is always hard for me, sounds like you did pretty good, even witht he extra piece of cake.:drinker:

jb-:drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: YEAH YOU...CONGRATS ON REACHING YOUR GOAL:flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: I know that last pound was taunting you and now you have conquered it. #65 is quite an accomplishment and I'm sure your body is loving it's new self. Great pic too:laugh:

Moss- you need to find what works for you and take baby steps to get going, then adding to it. Unfortunately at our age it just doesn't happen overnight like it used to:wink:

Amanda- we are just glad that you are here with us when you can....this down in the dumps feeling is just a little blip in the road:flowerforyou: Hoping that your skin test results come back negative:flowerforyou: All my make up has sunscreen in it so I'm always covered..but really do try to just stay out of the sun as much as possible...only it's hard to take bike rides without getting in the sun:wink:

Lin-adjusting your eating because your body is not accepting of many foods the challenges that creates must keep you on top of all you eat. So glad that your friends accept that you just can't have what they do. I've noticed a lot of grocery stores and even some resturants are now showing what foods are gluten free. I have a friend that can't have gluten and it's amazing what she can't have anymore:noway: Not sure if I'd be able to do that.

DeeDee- I've done pretty good with my goals, not 100% but since I put the goals on a spreadsheet I've really been able to see how I've done and am looking it over to make more realistic goals for July:happy:

When I get home at night it seems to be getting easier to head straight to the basement and get in at least 40 min on the bike. I'm sure it has something to do with seeing the number of pounds I have to go. Yesterday my boss made a comment about my weight loss...so I guess once you lose #22 it's noticable enough ... or it could be that he keeps seeing clothes that I haven't worn for over a year:wink:

I'm already reevaluating my weight goal because I'm noticing that my back fat doesn't seem to be going as fast as I thought it would. Could be my age:ohwell: I must confess I've always wondered how people can be overweight or even obese and they have such beautiful backs...when I have rolls on mine:grumble:

Must get going on the desk. Everyone have a good day. Drink plenty of water:drinker: , keep moving and logging.

Laura 80111:smile:
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Good Thursday morning!

Oh gracious me the sun is shining! :happy: The camper is parked in the yard and my job for the day is to get it set up for summer travels. Happy days! We are going just as far as our family cabin on the lake this weekend (a holiday weekend in Canada).

Anyone who follows my menu (open to friends) may wonder why I had popcorn for supper last night. :noway: Well…I was watching the Spain vs. Portugal Euro-cup soccer game and it went into extra play and then Spain won on penalty goals. :drinker: Whew! By the time the game was over it was late and I knew that if I ate anything it would be something quick and deadly (think peanut butter sandwich :ohwell: ) so I just went to bed with a book and promised myself a killer-good smoothie for breakfast. Such self-control is rare for me, so I feel righteous this morning! :drinker:

I am up to 21 and a half hours of the 24 hours of exercise I set as my goal for June. :happy: I will make it in spite of that extra trip to visit the parents. It will be so nice to be able to go for long walks again, after the cast is off and my foot is back in shape. Today it’s the gym again: elliptical, krank and reclining bike for aerobics.

Jen, re weight training. The “New Rules of Lifting for Women” recommends lifting more weight for fewer reps as a strength building strategy. It works for me.

Barbie, how’s the rock moving going? I am sorry to hear about your friend, she's lucky to have you and the others at the Senior's Centre to support her now.

Laura, congratulations on the BMI and the loss. It must feel g-o-o-d! :drinker:

I just saw a crow chasing a butterfly out of the maple tree in my front yard! :laugh:

Congratulations JB on reaching your goal. :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Hang in there, Amanda. Yes, it does feel like June went by in a flash.

I am off to the gym to get that out of the way before I start playing house in the camper.

Hasta pronto,

Nancy

Goals for June:
    24 hours of exercise including weight training. I’m at 21 hours 30 minutes!
    Get the routine chores done – no procrastination!
    Act the way I want to feel. Be kind.
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Just a quick check in....drum roll.......the scale cooperated 3 pounds....woooohoooo. :blushing:
    :smile: Amanda I hope you are feeling better soon.
    :huh: Gotta get back to work.
    :heart: love ((((HUGS)))) and prayers, Rose
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Skyecath
    Skyecath Posts: 33
    Options
    DH is watching the football - again. I've always been a football widow but it gets worse when there's a major tournament on.

Michele - DD's degree is Business Information Systems. She has also got a graduate job to go to when she gets back from her travels so she's done really well considering there's so few jobs about.

In answer to a question a few weeks ago about DDs travels (sorry can't remember who asked now) - she's travelled around Vietnam for 3 weeks and is now in Indonesia for a further 3 weeks. She then comes home for her graduation and then heads out to Eastern Europe for another 6 weeks. She's travelling with a friend and she too got a first so I expect there's been some serious celebrating out there. They sound to be having a wonderful time although yesterday's message was that they had both been ill (runny tummy) which is the first time so they've done well.

Jb - well done on getting to goal. 65lbs WOW really we'll done

Moss11 - I am definitely on the scenic route - I like that saying

Amanda, hang in there, we can't be good all the time. I hope your results come back good

Laura, we've had some serious rain here today, I'd like to be able to send it over to you to put those fires out. I hope they stop soon.

My mouth has been a little sore for a few days but that has had a positive effect, it's helped me get back on track as I haven't been able to nibble at the wrong foods when I get in from work. Fish curry and rice tonight with creme fraiche to take the heat out of the spices, was really nice.

Nancy, brilliant self control, last week I would have tucked into the peanut butter if I had it in which I daren't

Rose, 3 lbs , brill. Weigh in for me tomorrow, I'm hoping to have stayed the same since my last weigh in 3 weeks ago

It's actually stopped raining at long last.

Cath x
  • djhobs
    djhobs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is TGIF finally...long week at the office, my co-worker is on vacation..so me and the boss.:sad: .it will be so good to have her back! :flowerforyou: thank you for all the wt training advice...I will be getting to the bookstore for the recommended books.

Michelle - I probably could use the dumbbells with the kettlebell Dvd...I am not a huge fan of Dvds ...am actually surprised I did it as much as I did...so I am trying to design my own routine, but use all the muscle groups...a lot of trial and error I think. The other challenge for me is time..I usually workout in the am before work but I am not that early a riser...dh hates it when the alarm goes off..so I usually have only abouts 45-60 minutes to workout and I try to finish with at least 10-15 minutes of stretching.

This is a journey and learning new habits ...I feel things coming together and finding the balance..this is all good.

Amanda - I hope you feel better soon...I sprinkle chia seed on my cereal and find it very effective for regularity ...probably not good if you have trouble with seeds, though..

Have a good night ladies...its early, but I am ready to call it a night!

Hugs and high fives...we are awesome!
    :heart:
    Jen
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: This has a pleasantly warm day, just perfect for walking the dogs and working on my rocks in the yard project. I decided to skip weight training and devote my time and energy to the rock project…..I carried several rocks that were heavier than the weights I normally lift (but I didn’t lift the rocks above my head)

:flowerforyou: Nancy, when you quoted Popeye, it reminded me of my first happiness commandment, “Be Barbie” which is a lot like “I am what I am”…enjoy your long weekend at the cabin at the lake…..sounds fabulous

:flowerforyou: Michele, I’m using some pretty basic weed cloth that I bought at WalMart…..I doubled it……but I’m not concerned about weeds, nothing has been growing in the area I’m working on…..my concern is that I don’t want the rocks to soak back down into the dirt and disappear….sorry to hear about Loki’s seizure……I hope all will be well

:flowerforyou: Rose, congrats on the weight loss

:flowerforyou: Cath, congratulations to your daughter on her graduation and exciting travels.

:flowerforyou: Jb, I love the dog picture…..congrats on reaching your goal….65 pounds lost is awesome……take it easy adding calories for maintenance.....add a few more and see what happens before adding more than that….how clever of you to write a blog and then direct us to your blog to read about your journey

:flowerforyou: Moss, a wise person said, “the best exercise is the one you’ll do”…..it is so important to find your own way and not be pressured to be someone else.

:flowerforyou: Amanda, just stay in the moment……all this stuff is temporary

:flowerforyou: Laura, I would have loved to a rock project like the one your dad did…..unfortunately everyone loses weight from different parts of their bodies first….I’ve reached my goal weight and yet my legs still have extra jiggly parts and today I saw a woman with the most beautiful shaped slim legs and a ton of weight around her middle.

:flowerforyou: Lin, I rarely eat out with anyone……I meet my friends for a walk…..there is so little in restaurants that I’ll eat. When I am invited to a potluck, I eat and home and then visit with people during the meal but don’t eat anything.

:flowerforyou: Dee Dee, take the time you need to heal and before long we’ll be hearing about you being active again

:flowerforyou: Jen, you are so right about this being a journey and learning new habits…..slow and steady wins the race

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

June resolutions:
    *walk the dogs for an hour or more every morning
    *100 lunges a day
    * planks every day
    *strength training three days a week
    *17,000 steps a day
    *act the way I want to feel
    *come from a place of love

[img][/img]194904olsgis3xqe.gif
    "The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."

"The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed."
  • deb1962
    deb1962 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone..Have just finished reading all your posts.What a bunch of lovely people..I have just started,dont have much to lose but looking forward to the journey with you all.Have an awesome day :smile:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. The weekend and the Holiday is upon us. MY GOSH---how did that happen so quickly?

The visit with friends over breakfast yesterday was lovely. That's the thing about good friends, no stress and lots of acceptance. YES! We are now making plans for a bit larger group to go to dinner some evening. Matching schedules usually takes a while; everyone is so busy!

Meanwhile, a very unusual circumstance, I'm meeting a friend for coffee at the book store. Also a good friend who'll have her breakfast (scone or muffin) while I have my coffee. And we'll both be happy with it!

Gosh, I'm chatty today. Wishing everyone progress on their personal journey.

And of course. :drinker: :drinker:

Lin
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: TGI Friday,

Nancy- a popcorn dinner for a special TV occasion...then heading to bed with a book...good job:wink: and how was the killer smoothie breakfast:huh: Heading out to your cabin sounds wonderful. When I was in jr high & high school my parents had a cabin in the San Bernardino mountains outside of LA and we went up every weekend, holidays and for summer vacation with both parents being teachers we had the whole summer to play and I always took a friend and we had the best of times:love:

Rose- :drinker: congrats on those #3 that's quite a jump:drinker:

Cath- your DD travels sound wonderful:love: I would love to have the time as well as the cash to be able to do something like that, I'm sure that being single it's a bit cheaper. Sorry to hear that they both have the tummy issues:sick: that's no fun especially when traveling, hoping it doesn't last long.

Jen- sounds like you are being pretty successful in creating your own exercise routine. I'm just not that creative right now and getting up early just isn't in it for me right now..maybe come winter when it's dark when I wake up..who knows:huh:

Barbie- your rock project sounds like you are using it to get full benifits, creating where nothing was growing and the added exercise for the body:flowerforyou: Your daily determination is inspiring:drinker:

deb1962- :flowerforyou: welcome to the best group for total encouragment:flowerforyou:

Lin- breakfast with friends is always a fun way to start the day. Although the last time I met a friend for breakfast we hadn't seen each other for about 18 years and we stayed at the resturant for about 5 hrs:noway:

Yesterday hubby called to suggest a bike ride when I got home because there were clouds and the temp was lower (80's) and no wind...by the time I got home 1.5 hrs later the wind was awful:sad: so down to the basement for my workout. Today being Friday I'm off work early and hoping that we will get to bike the Highline Canal, but the weather is back to the high 90's low 100's so we will see. We have already planned to be up early Sat & Sun for bike rides before it gets too hot and usually there is no wind in the morning.

The end of June is tomorrow and I hope all of you are giving your July goals some thoughts. How have you done for June:huh: ? I have done pretty good, not 100% but I think I have come pretty close, which is helping me decide what my goals need to be for July.

Everyone have a good day. If you eat it log it, move your body to burn those calories and don't forget to hydrate a LOT:drinker:

Laura80111:smile:
  • jb_2011
    Options
    Good morning :flowerforyou:

Thanks ever so much for your kind congratulations everyone! :happy: It sure feels good. I'm still planning to keep my calories around 1250-1350 for most days of the week and splurge a little on weekends. I'm leaning towards setting my goal for another 10 pounds since there's this fanny pack still hanging on in the rear, if you get my drift. :laugh: Someone asked me the other day if my mom was built the same way, and when I answered yes, she said it's "genetic" and there's not much I can do to change that. :ohwell: Still, I want to wear size 12 jeans. 14's are too big now. 12's are too snug. Onward and downward....

Have a wonderful Friday, and weekend. Gardening gardening gardening on my agenda. :love:

Cheers! :drinker:

jb
  • jml7403
    jml7403 Posts: 11
    Options
    I think it's best to stick with people my own age on a weight loss program. So here I am. A little about me: I'm 59, mom, grandmother, work in employment services, in graduate school. From what I can find from my other weight loss attempts (logs, diaries, internet programs), I started at 220 lbs and I am currently at 175 (+- I can't resist weighing myself everyday and get so mad when I gain 1/2-1-2 lbs.!!) I have no trouble staying on track with my diet, but I do have trouble with exercise. Being in school, I feel guilty if I am exercising when I should be studying, I feel guilty when I'm studying because I should be doing laundry..etc., you get my drift. I have been laid off for a month and I go back to work Monday, so now I have one more thing to keep me from exercising! I do have 3 weeks off from school, so my goal is to hit the diet hard and heavy, and make exercise my priority for those 3 weeks!! At least I have a goal!!!! Looking forward to keeping up on everyone's goals and frustrations. :noway: