Fellow Brits how are you going to survive Jubilee weekend?

Options
124»

Replies

• grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I plan on locking myself in the house with wine and xbox and not coming out until Wednesday morning! XD
  • HideNGeek
    HideNGeek Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I plan on locking myself in the house with wine and xbox and not coming out until Wednesday morning! XD

:D
  • Tara1B
    Tara1B Posts: 78
    Options
    I'm going on a hen weekend (right now in fact!) and we have a BBQ on Monday - I'm not going to worry about calories until Tuesday!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    are you suggesting that the Queen's coronation 60 years ago was a deliberate attempt to ensure it coincide with the London 2012 olympics? As a conspiracy theory that takes some beating.

Did we win the Olympics because of the diamond jubilee. Don't believe that either although I am sure it featured.

The Queen was crowned in February 1952 so she has been Monarch for 60 years, not 59, and unlike Queen Victoria, didn't have the Diamond Jubilee moved.

I wonder how far you will get in educating the stupid people?

Have a great summer though, perhaps you can look to emigrating to a nice country like the USA, where they don't have a monarch, providing of course you wont object to them celebrating the 250th anniversary of the declaration of independence in 2026!

I had similar thoughts....what a barrel of laughs some people are eh?!
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I'm just glad to have 2 paid days of hahahahaha - To The Queen!
  • sailingsal
    sailingsal Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    In EDinburgh we only get the tuesday off so no long weekend. So food been normal as no party or bbq's as its not a bank holiday weekend!
  • dizzydi1968
    dizzydi1968 Posts: 564
    Options
    btw we don't need an excuse to party up here :)
    [/quote]

^^^^This

Spoken like a true northerner :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: