OMFG!! Lost 20 inches :)

Options

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    OK, I know you're doing this! I meant are you doing something special for your waist like pilates or something?

I'm not sure pilates is 'special'... :-)

You can't spot reduce. To lose fat off your stomach, you need to do cardio and lifting, and ensure you've got your cals in / out in good balance.
  • KathPearce
    KathPearce Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    OK, I know you're doing this! I meant are you doing something special for your waist like pilates or something?

No I haven't done anything special......yet! I've dabbled in 30DS but didn't complete it as I got quite poorly with a virus. I've brought Turbofire but I haven't started it yet.

I think those inches have gone purely because I've got so many to get rid of lol! My body has just had a major kick start :)
  • meerkat70
    Options

No I haven't done anything special......yet! I've dabbled in 30DS but didn't complete it as I got quite poorly with a virus. I've brought Turbofire but I haven't started it yet.

I think those inches have gone purely because I've got so many to get rid of lol! My body has just had a major kick start :)

You've done an amazing job. Very well done.
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    I think you should post your before picture. You know you're never, ever going to look like that again right?
  • KathPearce
    Options
    I think you should post your before picture. You know you're never, ever going to look like that again right?

I'm not ready to do that yet, it still feels like it looks too similar to how I feel I look......if you get what I mean! I know I'm making great progress but until I feel like that is a completely different person I can't do it.
    I will post them one day :)
  • gemmaldavies
    gemmaldavies Posts: 379
    Options
    i think u shud post pics. well done :o))
  • dedeburt
    dedeburt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Sometimes it's the inches and not the weight - everyone should measure!

In 6 weeks I have lost 16.5 inches over all! I have only lost 3 pounds but the inches amaze me. I have been going to the gym and doing kick boxing and body sculpting twice a week (each) I love kick boxing and I know that is what is kicking my *kitten* good bye!!!
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options

I'm not ready to do that yet, it still feels like it looks too similar to how I feel I look......if you get what I mean! I know I'm making great progress but until I feel like that is a completely different person I can't do it.
    I will post them one day :)

I didn't post my before pictures until I had my first set of progress pictures, so completely understand. I do my progress pictures every 2 months. Now looking at my "before" is almost surreal. I don't see the difference in the mirror, but when you look at the progress pictures the difference is huge!!

PS: Thank you! People always ask how I shrunk my waist so much, but honestly just walking and eating right nothing belly specific. I think genetics plays a huge roll in where we carry weight... So I just have my mother to thank! LOL
  • gcanter
    gcanter Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    WOW, six inches off your waist? I want to do what you are doing so I can do it too!
  • KathPearce
    Options
    I was looking at my 'before' pics earlier and the difference in my back is insane!! I may well take progress pics on the 5th and then post them :)
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I was looking at my 'before' pics earlier and the difference in my back is insane!! I may well take progress pics on the 5th and then post them :)

I'm glad you're able to see it. It takes time for our body image to catch up with our body. :-)
  • KathPearce
    Options
    Building myself up to post the pics tonight...............gulp!
    I feel so worried about doing it, makes me feel quite vulnerable. I wonder if everyone that post their progress pics feel the same or similar?
  • KathPearce
    Options
    june5thII.jpg
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    GREAT PROGRESS!! wow...you are doing awesome!! Can really see a difference in your back!! keep up the great work!!! :flowerforyou:
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I can't see the pic, I'm guessing you took it down ;)
    But congrats on your success so far! It sounds like you've done great! :D
  • KathPearce
    Options
    I can't see the pic, I'm guessing you took it down ;)
    But congrats on your success so far! It sounds like you've done great! :D

Sorry, I have figured it out now lol!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress!!
  • KathPearce
    Options
    Thank You :)
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I've lost like 15 inches off my waist.

Mostly from cardio.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Building myself up to post the pics tonight...............gulp!
    I feel so worried about doing it, makes me feel quite vulnerable. I wonder if everyone that post their progress pics feel the same or similar?

I haven't built up the courage to post my pics. Hell I haven't even taken any. You look great =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!