Guide to calorie deficits

Options

Replies

• heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! Awesome information and extremely well put--helps me understand my body and weight loss progress so much more.
  • Diannerv
    Diannerv Posts: 195
    Options
    bump
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Bump. You are my new Guru!
  • Lindsay7360
    Options
    BUMP! :)
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    Thanks for the info!!
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Awesome! This is exactly what I have been trying to tell some people. This needs a sticky!
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Great informative post thankyou :-)
  • smedlund
    smedlund Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I just read this and found it very helpful. Thanks for the info!
  • lisamaria63
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    Thanks for the great info!!
  • BK120
    BK120 Posts: 107
    Options
    Great post - thanks :flowerforyou:
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    thanks !
  • NuclearGirl
    Options
    Really informative stuff Banks - thanks!
  • fitmom125
    Options
    Great info!!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Just a quick question about my own activity level, calorie level, etc.

I put myself down as sedentary because I am a third shift police officer...meaning I spend about 8 hours sitting in a car. (This is not COPS where they chase down bad guys all the time, lol). At home I sit at the computer a lot, but I also move around a lot to clean the house and things like that. I didn't think that really qualified as lightly active.

But I was reading this thread and some people have included their exercise in their activity level, so now should I go up to lightly active? I workout 6-7 days a week for an hour or so a day doing P90X, Turbo Kick, Insanity, and other such highly intense workouts with the occasional "light" workout such as dancing or yoga like on a "recovery" day.

I have my weight loss goal set at 1 pound per week. I weigh 142.2 right now with a goal of 125.

Should I increase to lightly active, or just concentrate on eating exercise calories back (which I eat MOST of)?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Just a quick question about my own activity level, calorie level, etc.

I put myself down as sedentary because I am a third shift police officer...meaning I spend about 8 hours sitting in a car. (This is not COPS where they chase down bad guys all the time, lol). At home I sit at the computer a lot, but I also move around a lot to clean the house and things like that. I didn't think that really qualified as lightly active.

But I was reading this thread and some people have included their exercise in their activity level, so now should I go up to lightly active? I workout 6-7 days a week for an hour or so a day doing P90X, Turbo Kick, Insanity, and other such highly intense workouts with the occasional "light" workout such as dancing or yoga like on a "recovery" day.

I have my weight loss goal set at 1 pound per week. I weigh 142.2 right now with a goal of 125.

Should I increase to lightly active, or just concentrate on eating exercise calories back (which I eat MOST of)?

if you're adding those exercises individually then no need to increase your activity level. Generally we increase our activity level when things we aren't accounting for individually go up, but if you're adding those exercises then don't raise your activity level. Now if you were to say you were playing (for instance) volleyball 6 days a week in addition to any routines you are doing but not adding them, then I'd consider it. Of maybe if you switched to a bicycle beat...etc. See what I'm saying?
  • Pandaschaefer
    Options
    bump
  • tassles
    tassles Posts: 172
    Options
    bumping :laugh: i'll need to read this over and over! :wink:
  • vero_1
    vero_1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    great info! thank's :smile:
  • Firesign