Replies

• tmarie4
    tmarie4 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    love that!
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Love it *snif* 6 months ago I could barely run a minute, and the past 2 weeks I've been very successfully jogging my 5ks :)
  • stacie48
    stacie48 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    OMG I needed to read this so bad. I was struggling and wanted a break this week and I knew it would result in a longer pronastication!!!. Just do it!!!!
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    :smile: This has made my day!
  • sallyrose88
    Options
    this seriously is the worlds best thing ever. i am going to print it off and stick it on my fridge!! so motivational, all the effort the 'fat girl' is putting in and people are actually proud of her! amazing and brilliant!! i always thought it would be so embarrasing to go running, but after this it has completley changed my thoughts!! determination clearly shines through and people admire it!! i actually love this blog, thanks for sharing!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    This is a blog entry from flintland.blogspot.com.

I am in love with this person!

Hey, Fat Girl.

Yes, you. The one feigning to not see me when we cross paths on the running track. The one not even wearing sports gear, breathing heavy. You’re slow, you breathe hard and your efforts at moving forward make you cringe.

You cling shyly to the furthest corridor, sometimes making larger loops on the gravel ring by the track just so you’re not on it. You sweat so much that your hair is all wet. You rarely stay for more than 20 minutes at a time, and you look exhausted when you leave to go back home. You never talk to anyone. I’ve got something I’d like to say to you.

You are awesome.

If you’d look me in the eye only for an instant, you would notice the reverence and respect I have for you. The adventure you have started is tremendous; it leads to a better health, to renewed confidence and to a brand new kind of freedom. The gifts you will receive from running will far exceed the gigantic effort it takes you to show up here, to face your fears and to bravely set yourself in motion, in front of others.

You have already begun your transformation. You no longer accept this physical state of numbness and passivity. You have taken a difficult decision, but one that holds so much promise. Every hard breath you take is actually a tad easier than the one before, and every step is ever so slightly lighter. Each push forward leaves the former person you were in your wake, creating room for an improved version, one that is stronger, healthier and forward-looking, one who knows that anything is possible.

You’re a hero to me. And, if you’d take off the blaring headphones and put your head up for more than a second or two, you would notice that the other runners you cross, the ones that probably make you feel so inadequate, stare in awe at your determination. They, of all people, know best where you are coming from. They heard the resolutions of so many others, who vowed to pick up running and improve their health, “starting next week”. Yet, it is YOU who runs alongside, who digs from deep inside to find the strength to come here, and to come back again.

You are a runner, and no one can take that away from you. You are relentlessly moving forward. You are stronger than even you think, and you are about to be amazed by what you can do. One day, very soon, maybe tomorrow, you’ll step outside and marvel at your capabilities. You will not believe your own body, you will realize that you can do this. And a new horizon will open up for you. You are a true inspiration.

I bow to you.
    :heart:
  • sukaera
    sukaera Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    So much positive vibes from that post, SO AWESOME!!! I request the highest of fives! (≧∇≦)/
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    OMG, that was the best thing I've ever read! I bawled through most of it because I am that fat girl running on the track or on the treadmill. Very touching. Thank you for posting.
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    will read xx
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Brought tears to my eyes! What a wonderful post!
  • macsgirl526
    Options
    LOVED this.I am a fat girl doing the C25K. Today was Day 2 of week 3. I run where no one can see me. This made my day and has given me more confidence. I printed it out and I am sticking it somewhere so I can see it everyday.Thank you so much for sharing.
  • RolemodelmomT
    RolemodelmomT Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Made me cry...I am that fat girl who is afraid to run. Thank you!
  • manda2980
    manda2980 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love this. It just inspired me to run outside instead of on my treadmill : )
  • ppd57
    ppd57 Posts: 13
    Options
    Wow love this! Wish I had wrote it.
  • gdwarkaj
    gdwarkaj Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • scarlettesong
    scarlettesong Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    This is fabulous... I am not sure this is just for the ¨fat¨ girls.... it certainly speaks volumes for the girls that lacks confidence, the ones that have worked hard to be where they are and still don`t believe it`s good enough... thanks for sharing :)

^^This.

I'm not considered a fat girl anymore, but this made me cry tears of pride for those that power through, and made me ashamed that I gave up on my own run this afternoon.
  • LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I :heart: YOU for posting this! Thank you! I needed some major inspiration today -- and I just got it. Bless your heart!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this, I needed it.

I lost 40 lbs, gained back 7 and plateaued for over 6 months (I know am doing something wrong, I just haven't figured out what it is yet) a few months ago, my workouts got thrown off and then my foods got thrown off. I gained 3lbs. I started back on my workouts last week, and am struggling to find what's wrong in my foods, I've gained 3 more lbs. I am hitting the point that I give up or do something stupid (by this I mean go to one of those "weight loss" places and spend a lot of money for more failure because they don't teach you a proper lifestyle starting from the begining of the program) but seeing this today reminded me that I can do this as long as I keep trying. Going to print the post out and hang it in various places to motivate me.

To all that are struggling, join me in the effort to keep trying...
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    WOW! i have no words for this!:flowerforyou:

Thank you I needed this
  • Sinope82
    Sinope82 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Love this!