Replies

• jagarin85
    jagarin85 Posts: 2
    Options
    ?
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    We use unsweetened Almond Milk for our shakes and other recipes that need milk. We do not drink glasses of it, however, my teenager who is very picky says it tastes great to drink.
  • dronette
    dronette Posts: 15
    Options
    Coconut almond milk is delicious!
  • iheartyarn
    iheartyarn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i think it depends on the fat content in milk you are used to. i personally don't mind the flavors of really any non dairy milks, but i don't eat a lot of soy, so i don't drink that, rice milk tastes too watery to me, so i prefer almond, coconut, or hazel nut, i do like hemp milk, but i can't drink it unsweetened, and its pretty thick, its great in a latte!
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I like normal skin milk the best, but I do also enjoy the almond milk every once in a while.
  • EnuffaMyButt
    EnuffaMyButt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I LOVE blue diamond unsweetened almond and/or almond & coconut milk. They are like 40 & 45 calories. 1& 2 carbs. low fat. I want to try the chocolate one for my protein shakes. I'm not a huge fan of soy.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I LOVE vanilla unsweetened almond milk. I first tried it when I became diabetic and didn't want to "pay" carbs for regular milk. I've been a big non-fat/1% milk drinker my whole life, so I was surprised how much I liked it, and that I really didn't miss the regular milk at all! I love it in my smoothies and on cereal.

I've never been a fan of soy milk---it has a funny, off taste to me, and also added sugar. Rice milk tastes okay, but again, sugar added, which is an obvious no for me.

I have one question for long-time almond milk drinkers---what does it taste like heated? Since switching off milk over a year ago, it now seems I've become a little lactose intolerant, which I notice whenever I have the occasional latte. Just wondering if anyone has tried almond milk in a latte or such? Thanks! :)

I get unsweetened vanilla almond milk and will drink it straight. I seem to become more lactose intolerant every year and since I gave up milk because of the carbs it has gotten worse. I had some warmed with a bit of cinnamon once and it was really good. I think it would do fine in a latte.

I have never liked soy. I'm diabetic so avoid sweetened milks anyway. Rice is higher in carbs so I never tried that either.

Personally, if I wasn't milk intolerant and could have carbs I would just drink 1%.
  • concavity
    concavity Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk is amazing, its good in cereal I'll drink sweetened vanilla almond milk straight though.
    Rice milk is okay, I enjoy the flavour but I prefer rice water, rice milk its a bit watery for my tastes.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Almond milk is great but when money is tight I have to go with a light soymilk
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    almond milk and rice milk are both good. I drink rice milk more often though.

I also drink lactose-free 2% actual milk
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I recently bought some almond milk (the sweetened Whole Foods variety) and I loved it! Before that I was drinking soy milk and 2% cow's milk (after finally weaning myself off the delicious creamy whole milk) I wend out and bought some of the shelf-stable almond milk that doesn't need to be refrigerated until opened to keep on hand and it is cheaper than the perishable kind. I don't think I will cut out cow's milk completely but I was looking to change things up so I don't get tired of anything.
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Almond milk! I cut out dairy for a bit and then introduced it back into my diet....my body was not happy. No more regular milk for me.
  • pinksparklevapor1965
    Options
    :heart: I do half & half vanilla rice & vanilla soy :drinker:
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Almond Milk all the way! I'm lactose intolerant, so it's my go-to. Never tried Rice Milk, but I did a label comparison a few years ago and Almond Milk seemed to be more packed with nutrients.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i prefer almond milk, especially during hot weather

and i make my own

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/710119-almond-meal-cookies

edit: the almond milk recipe is 3 or so posts down
  • miniveganprincess
    Options
    unsweetened almond milk is the best.

Normal milk is DISGUSTING and I believe humans shouldn't drink cow's milk.
  • Jamochadiva
    Jamochadiva Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Blue Diamond almond coconut milk unsweetened.
  • LCBinGA
    LCBinGA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Learned earlier this week about a great substitute for sweetened coffee creamers to Silk Almond Vanilla milk.....FANTASTIC calorie saver! super fantastic fine here on MFP
  • I love vanilla rice milk.. but i change up throughout the week :heart:
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I don't eat Gluten, so no milk for me. I love Hemp milk and Almond Milk.

As far as I am aware, milk does not contain gluten, unless you are merely referring to not having the need for regular milk on cereal.