Am I the only one??

Options

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Virtuosity is a thing of the past just like black and white TV and record albums. With technology being what it is, it just fosters more narcissism. People who are insecure when they don't feel good about their bodies will find ways to cover up but when they shed the weight they sometimes do a complete turnabout in their behavior. It's a form of pathos, really. I'm all for having a healthy self-esteem but a lot of the posts you speak of are from people who are searching for compliments. It's very sad and superficial. If they had true self-esteem then how they felt about their bodies wouldn't matter whether they were overweight or not. The photograph is merely a way of proving they are part of the "cool kids" clique.

Yep... you are right.

Having struggled with self esteem issues since I was twelve, I totally agree with you. For someone who has picked at flaws in herself for so long, there's nothing that feels better than having someone say "wow you look fantastic"... It is much better than being called fat, ugly, stupid, and my personal fav "sasquatch".

As for the cool kids clique... I'll never be a "cool kid" and am not trying to be... that's not why I put up my bikini pic. I do it because I worked hard, and am proud and want it to be noticed.

and... if I am honest... I'd love for one of those kids who called me fat and ugly to eat their words. :)

Thank you (sincerely) though for the sobering words... sometimes I need those too. :drinker:
  • melisabee
    melisabee Posts: 19
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with it. As previously pointed out, you don't have to look. People always have to have something to complain about. This should be a forum full of positive reinforcement, not sour grapes.
  • hlandry6
    hlandry6 Posts: 230
    Options
    I agree you can show great progress without being completely naked its gross....And to those saying you don't have to click i the picture.. sometimes you do not know what the picture will be until you click on someones progress post...They could at least warn us
  • bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Virtuosity is a thing of the past just like black and white TV and record albums. With technology being what it is, it just fosters more narcissism. People who are insecure when they don't feel good about their bodies will find ways to cover up but when they shed the weight they sometimes do a complete turnabout in their behavior. It's a form of pathos, really. I'm all for having a healthy self-esteem but a lot of the posts you speak of are from people who are searching for compliments. It's very sad and superficial. If they had true self-esteem then how they felt about their bodies wouldn't matter whether they were overweight or not. The photograph is merely a way of proving they are part of the "cool kids" clique.

I think you meant "virtue". Virtuosity means great technical skill. :-)

Drrrr....yep. I sure did. Sometimes I put my underwear on over my pants too. :)

Thanks for the catch. I'd hate to think virtuosity is a thing of the past, as progress in science and the arts would cease.
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Just for the record- I'm all about people showing off their progress. It's always amazing to me to see what people have done! I'll I'm saying is 1. please wear pants, and 2. don't wear your tighty whities (this goes for undies AND bras) that you can practically see through! I love looking at progress pics- but sometimes when I'm at work I'm afraid that if someone walks in my office they're gonna think I'm looking at some bad site! lol
  • thelandofwin
    Options
    I actually prefer the pictures where there is a lot of skin. Not because I like to look at half naked bodies, but because clothes hide a lot of fat. Even though I'm a size 8/10, my stomach is not very attractive to me, and I appreciate seeing other's stomachs for motivation. I haven't seen any pictures that were out of line.
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I can't get over the tat's! And all the skin! But some of the tat's are crazy!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Keep your self prejudices to yourself. Let others relish in their success.

EDIT: And if you dont like what you are seeing while at work...GET TO WORK
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    *munches popcorn*

Dude, share? It's been a while since I've watched a good train wreck.
  • alapoint89
    alapoint89 Posts: 632
    Options
    I'm all about success stories and sharing progress pictures....but dang! Some of you post some realllyy revealing pictures! I almost feel embarrassed to look at them!

For example, I just clicked on one...guy was completely naked and had cut the picture off right before...well...you know what. And I mean RIGHT BEFORE....all I'm asking for is just a little more clothing!
    yeah where are the modest folk these days i did it once but deleted it almost the moment that i posted it because i was scared to do it because i dont like my body legs and all... im always covered
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    True
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    lmao.. how bad is it when i read this.. i went back on the main screen and started to look for this picture...lmao...

does that make me a voueyer or whatever...

i can tell you right now.. if i get to my dream body. the next day on face is gonna be a picture of my skinny *kitten* wearing next to nothing....

and ps... a guy cuttin the pic there is not diffrent than a women in her bikini at the beach or on here.. you cant see it so hey... let them flaunt what they worked so damm hard to get!!!!

so lose the pounds and LETS GET NAKED
  • Erika1962
    Erika1962 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    At least he cut the picture off right before !!! Some weeks back I was on the board where new members introduce themselfs. A lady well over 400 pounds had tons of pictures in her profile, in the complete nude !!!:noway:
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Some really good points were made on this post, and I'm glad no one took this to the extreme. I do understand where you are coming from. I have seen some women on here whose main picture is a close up of their cleavage. It's kind of annoying, but I don't think I would ever really say anything about it. Some women are insecure, but common, we're on a site for people trying to lose weight. I would say at one point or another all of us have had insecurities about ourselves. So for the arugment that someone mentioned about people needing the attention, yeah. It probably is nice for someone to comment on how you look (and be positive about it). I have posted pictures in my bikini and pictures in a tank and underwear, however the underwear cover everything and are probably less revealing than the bikini. I'm not ashamed, and I'm not even ashamed of my fat pics! For me, I like posting my progress because sometimes I don't notice things. For instance, when I first posted bikini pictures someone mentioned that the back of my legs looked much smoother. I hadn't realized until someone said something. It's reassurance, not approval. Many people said, don't click on it. With that being said, a lot of people post on the forum, but if you're that afraid of seeing something, then don't go on the forum, or do it in the privacy of your own home. Some people take it too far, and I do agree with you on that. But maybe in the future (or maybe there already is) MFP will let you block certain people so when you are looking through the forums, their posts don't show up. Just because you and others don't feel comfortable showing off in a bikini, does not mean it's wrong for others to. Just as someone mentioned that they didn't like seeing all the tattoos, then don't look. Having tattoos, and a lot of them, when people tell me they don't like one, I say "Good thing it's not on your body then huh?".
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    again still cant find said picture.. any clues hints or maps ???????
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I never see any naughty pictures. I'm doing something wrong.
  • JenivaDoll
    JenivaDoll Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This site is about changing your body, so I don't mind seeing bodies. They don't offend me. It's just some skin!

agreed.
  • JenivaDoll
    JenivaDoll Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    lmao.. how bad is it when i read this.. i went back on the main screen and started to look for this picture...lmao...

does that make me a voueyer or whatever...

i can tell you right now.. if i get to my dream body. the next day on face is gonna be a picture of my skinny *kitten* wearing next to nothing....

and ps... a guy cuttin the pic there is not diffrent than a women in her bikini at the beach or on here.. you cant see it so hey... let them flaunt what they worked so damm hard to get!!!!

so lose the pounds and LETS GET NAKED
    lol
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You can only see the pics if you click on em. Just sayin...

Well, in defense of the OP and anyone else who doesn't want to see all of the skin, no one knows what the pics are going to be like until you click on the post! Could be covered up, could be nearly nude. No way of filtering that until you've made the click!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    The prudes! They've returned! Light the candles!

Also, when I'm at goal you can bet your *kitten* I'll be posting some 'indecent' imagery.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!